Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Alex Mcleish on the BRINK - Latest - SACKED

+3
Sluffy
aaron_bwfc
Hipster_Nebula
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

"Big Eck" one of the worst, most negative managers in premier league history is to be shown the door today if reports are to be believed.

Stunning that a man with so little success could be offered a job at Villa.

They expect to chase Paul Lambert apparently.

It was an incredible appointment in the first place, absolutely no one thought he would succeed.

I'll give him his dues though, he did slag the players off last weekend and said they had massively underperformed. Obviously honesty gets you the push.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Surprised this hasn't come sooner, Paul Lambert would be a good choice IMO.

How he got the job in the first place i'll never know.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

A club statement read: "Aston Villa can confirm that Alex McLeish's contract has been terminated with immediate effect. The club has been disappointed with this season's results, performances and the general message these have sent to our fans.

"The board wishes to assure supporters that we are conscious in every sense that Villa expects and deserves more and we will strive to deliver this."

Villa chairman Randy Lerner said: "We need to be clear and candid with ourselves and with supporters about what we have lacked in recent years.

"Compelling play and results that instil a sense of confidence that Villa is on the right track have been plainly absent.

"The most immediate action that we can take is to look carefully at our options in terms of bringing in a new manager who sees the club's potential and embraces our collective expectations."

The early bookmakers' favourite for the job is Norwich manager Paul Lambert, but earlier in the day Canaries chief executive David McNally said he would "fight" to keep the Scot at Carrow Road.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18056282

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

If they would like another guy who has managed in scotland I have just the guy. Very Happy

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

They'll only replace him with somebody that's equally rubbish, throwing an eight figure sum down the drain in the process. That's if the Houllier sacking is anything to go by.

He's crackers that Randy Lerner!

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

If only we had some news like that.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If I was Lambert I would stay at Norwich.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Reebok Trotter wrote:If I was Lambert I would stay at Norwich.

Not sure I would to be honest, I can see Norwich suffering from 2nd season syndrome next season to be honest, Unless the Norwich board are willing to pump some money into the club.

I'm expecting to see Paul Lambert appointed villa manager in the near future.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I agree with aaron, I can see Norwich bumping around the bottom 5 next season, and Swansea too, unless they invest. Their best two players, Sigurdsson and Caulker, are off back to their parent clubs and they can't afford to buy them. Sound familiar?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mick McCarthy is tumbling in the odds!

hahahahahahhahahahahahha!!!!

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum