Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Babies

+11
Reebok Trotter
Lyric Todkill
gloswhite
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
TheHateCamel
aaron_bwfc
Copper Dragon
largehat
Hipster_Nebula
doffcocker
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Babies Empty Babies Sat May 26 2012, 22:27

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Two people I was friendly with at school recently had a child together and have been posting new pictures of it regularly on Facebook, just in case we forget what it looks like.

They're obviously awashed with comments like "she's beautiful, congrats hun xx" and "she...is...GAWJUS! x" but it's clearly not a good looking kid at all. That might sound harsh, but contrary to popular belief, there exists such a thing as an ugly baby. I'd even go as far as saying ugliness is no less common among babies than most age-groups.

So, what's people's fascination with babies and the way they look? Unless a baby is closely related to me, in which case I'd take a bullet for them, they don't interest me in any way shape or form.

2Babies Empty Re: Babies Sat May 26 2012, 22:32

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Absolutely HATE babies and especially babies posted on facebook for morons to comment on.

the obligatory pre birth screening picture does my nut in too, so idiots can say "OMG CONGRATS BBZ, SOOOOOO HAPPY 4 U"

I used to work with a girl who was 17 and got pregnant by her 17 year old boyfriend, and i had to resist the urge to be like "WTF???????" on her screening picture.

3Babies Empty Re: Babies Sat May 26 2012, 22:53

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

You have stumbled upon possibly the most irritating Internet abbreviation of all.

'Gawjus' for 'gorgeous'. It actually makes me sick.

4Babies Empty Re: Babies Sat May 26 2012, 22:54

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

largehat wrote:You have stumbled upon possibly the most irritating Internet abbreviation of all.

'Gawjus' for 'gorgeous'. It actually makes me sick.

I hate it too but I don't think it's as bad as "preggers".

5Babies Empty Re: Babies Sat May 26 2012, 23:30

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

What you doing messing about on Bacefook Doffcocker?

I thought that you were in a seat of learning.

6Babies Empty Re: Babies Sat May 26 2012, 23:38

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I can understand pics of the babies when they are born to show people who they may know but not pictures every fucking week just to show their kids in some new clothes or them eating something stupid like ice cream....yes it's been warm i don't want you to post pictures of your kids in a fucking playpool!

Their are some really ugly bastard babies around though that is for sure.

7Babies Empty Re: Babies Sat May 26 2012, 23:40

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Copper Dragon wrote:What you doing messing about on Bacefook Doffcocker?

I thought that you were in a seat of learning.

I'm a quiet Facebook user. If I ever became the sort of person that documents their whole life on there, I'd like to think one of my friends would shoot me.

8Babies Empty Re: Babies Sat May 26 2012, 23:51

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

There's nowt wrong with facebook if it's used properly.

I joined up 4 years ago to keep in touch with folk in the Netherlands and scattered around Britain.

Then it got boring, people wanting me to join things and sending me chips for poker.
That's when I thought, I'd sooner give them a bell or a text.

Infact, I still send hand written letters sometimes. Very Happy

9Babies Empty Re: Babies Sun May 27 2012, 01:00

TheHateCamel

TheHateCamel
David Lee
David Lee

Here's the funniest thing I've ever seen about babies, especially ugly ones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ph1kxT4qC-E

10Babies Empty Re: Babies Sun May 27 2012, 07:52

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:Two people I was friendly with at school recently had a child together and have been posting new pictures of it regularly on Facebook, just in case we forget what it looks like.

They're obviously awashed with comments like "she's beautiful, congrats hun xx" and "she...is...GAWJUS! x" but it's clearly not a good looking kid at all. That might sound harsh, but contrary to popular belief, there exists such a thing as an ugly baby. I'd even go as far as saying ugliness is no less common among babies than most age-groups.

So, what's people's fascination with babies and the way they look? Unless a baby is closely related to me, in which case I'd take a bullet for them, they don't interest me in any way shape or form.

Doffcocker, to ease your anger at the world you need to be more pro-active with your abuse. Instead of coming on here to slag off ugly babies, you should have put a comment on that Facebook page along the lines of "bit ugly isn't he?".

Your school friends might hate you, but you'll feel better about yourself.

11Babies Empty Re: Babies Sun May 27 2012, 09:34

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

When I was in a relationship with a younger woman we had a group of female friends her age who were non-stop party animals for 5 or 6 years which suited me, as my lads were at Uni and I could get back to having a social life again. Babies were the last thing on their minds and we partied non-stop. Then they all hit 30 and started a simultaneous spawning process that turned them all into gibbering lifeless robots that loved nothing more than fawning over each others offspring and chatting endlessly about the bodily functions of their one and only topic of interest.
They say that close groups of women synchronise their hormonal cycle and I can assure you from personal experience that this extends to nesting. It happened as suddenly as someone turning on a light switch.
Babies - you don't see one for years and then 10 turn up at the same time.

12Babies Empty Re: Babies Sun May 27 2012, 10:35

TheHateCamel

TheHateCamel
David Lee
David Lee

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Doffcocker, to ease your anger at the world you need to be more pro-active with your abuse. Instead of coming on here to slag off ugly babies, you should have put a comment on that Facebook page along the lines of "bit ugly isn't he?".

Your school friends might hate you, but you'll feel better about yourself.

Believe it or not, I did this. Or something close, what I actually said was something like,

" Shouldn't he be working behind the counter at Gringot's ?"

I got dog's abuse for it. And I mean the totally off the scale kind of abuse. The little troll's dad and grandad threatening bodily harm in private messages, wishes of aids and cancer. I was quite touched.
The fact is I doubt the child was offended, and if as a parent you're unwilling to look objectively at your own progeny then how is that my fault? Not all kids are cute, in fact most new-borns look like miniature Winston Churchills. I apologised if I offended the kid.
Still, I'll lay off making jokes til the sprog's old enough to object and wish diseases on me themselves.

13Babies Empty Re: Babies Sun May 27 2012, 16:21

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Am I right in syaing that all you guys who 'HATE' babies, and think they're all 'f'ing ugly' are single/unmarried/childless? I wonder how your parents would have felt, had someone made those comments about you?

14Babies Empty Re: Babies Sun May 27 2012, 16:39

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

TheHateCamel wrote:
" Shouldn't he be working behind the counter at Gringot's ?"

lol!

15Babies Empty Re: Babies Sun May 27 2012, 16:40

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

gloswhite wrote:Am I right in syaing that all you guys who 'HATE' babies, and think they're all 'f'ing ugly' are single/unmarried/childless? I wonder how your parents would have felt, had someone made those comments about you?

Oh dear, seems like you were abused as a kid

16Babies Empty Re: Babies Sun May 27 2012, 16:42

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Lyric, don't be a twat. I'm just saying a little bit of consideration wouldn't go amiss

17Babies Empty Re: Babies Sun May 27 2012, 18:15

TheHateCamel

TheHateCamel
David Lee
David Lee

gloswhite wrote:Am I right in syaing that all you guys who 'HATE' babies, and think they're all 'f'ing ugly' are single/unmarried/childless? I wonder how your parents would have felt, had someone made those comments about you?

I have a child, a boy, 9 years old. He was an ugly baby in that wrinkled, pink, shouty way that all babies are. Where did this idolatry and veneration of kids come from? Did I miss a meeting? No-one sent me the memo saying that all these little miracles need shoving on pedestals and worshipping like each one is a little Buddha. Fuck that. Enjoy your kids, get to know them as people. As an individual. But for god's sake stop going round telling people that your little fleshling is any more special than anyone else's. They're not.

18Babies Empty Re: Babies Sun May 27 2012, 19:35

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If Facebook had been around during my fathering days I wouldn't dream of plastering their fizzogs all over it.

Everyone thinks their own babies are beautiful and that's because parents are biased. My eldest lads face looked like a pickled walnut when he was born.

19Babies Empty Re: Babies Sun May 27 2012, 21:55

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

RT and Camel, I'm 100 % with you. My own daughters were like any baby, as described by Camel.Smile My first grandchild is due in 3 days, and I have no doubt he/she will be exactly the same. I just felt the comments were ott. I have a FB account, and have seen such comments about babies, but for those who don't like it (like myself), I would suggest they do as I was told on a recent thread that I thought was pointless, 'Don't read it then, you cock'. Seems a lot easier than hating them and getting wound up by it all.

20Babies Empty Re: Babies Sun May 27 2012, 22:41

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It's not an issue that gets me down and makes my daily life difficult, it's just one of those things that's just such a load of bullshit that it's fun to talk about it.

I really don't care what a baby looks like. If I saw an extremely ugly baby in the street, I wouldn't even stop to think about it, let alone make an issue out of it. The same applies to extremely good looking babies. I'm just not interested either way.

The points I'm making are that people who parade their babies over Facebook are pathetic, and what's equally pathetic are the people that suck up to them, with comments about how "gawjus" it is, when it's quite clearly ugly/average.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum