Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Abortion

+10
Natasha Whittam
Reebok_Rebel
xmiles
wanderlust
Reebok Trotter
Angry Dad
Banks of the Croal
Sluffy
gloswhite
largehat
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

91Abortion - Page 6 Empty Re: Abortion Mon May 28 2012, 16:08

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Too lazy? It wouldn't be possible for them to go to university and raise a child, if the baby was to get the time it deserved. Neither of them were ready and it wouldn't of been fair on them or the kid. You really don't have a clue what your talking about in fairness.

So let me get this straight, it wouldn't have been fair on the kid to have him/her because his parents would have been busy being educated? So it was kinder to kill him/her was it? Are you really that stupid?

92Abortion - Page 6 Empty Re: Abortion Mon May 28 2012, 16:10

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I wouldn't count a baby as alive until it could live without the mother.

In the womb if the mother died the baby dies, if the baby dies the mother doesn't. The baby is part of the mother until it can survive outside the womb, and therefore I believe before it can survive without the mother it is not a life in its own right.

It is part of the mothers body and she should be allowed to do as she wishes to her own body, its not nice, but that is actually the most moral stance, I would call it far more inhuman to force a woman to carry and give birth to a child.

93Abortion - Page 6 Empty Re: Abortion Mon May 28 2012, 16:12

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Angry Dad wrote:One of my sisters murdered her unborn child. She is catholic yet she still killed it. I cant work out how women live with themselves knowing they killed their baby. Say mrs x has the baby instead of killing it then at 3 yrs old someone violates it and murders it how would she feel then its the same baby just at a different stage. She would say how could someone do such a terrible thing ,how could they kill my baby. But its ok for her to do it when its at its most vulnerable and dependant on its mother for life, but hey its freedom of choice for her right. Maybe on another day baby i might let you live or not. Twisted Evil

Do you not think you sound self-righteous considering you think that people should live out their lives in agony and yet you'd put a dog out if its misery?

And also, you don't need a biology lesson, but a baby doesn't appear in a woman's womb at the point of ejaculation. It isn't a baby for many weeks. So your analogy doesn't work.

94Abortion - Page 6 Empty Re: Abortion Mon May 28 2012, 16:19

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

largehat wrote:Just wondering why a couple of posters seem to think it should be entirely the mother's decision... the father is going to be expected to support the child, after all. ...Surely fathers deserve a say.

To state the obvious any man can more or less prevent a baby by taking the right precautions.

I know that may be considered simplistic but at the end of the day - no sperm no baby!

If a bloke passes up that responsibility then I think it only right - considering everything the woman will have to go through if she conceives, to have the right to chose the destiny for the child and herself.

As for your friend, accepting that the story is true, then I feel sorry for the girl and what she has gone through / will ever have to live with.

I hope for her sake she lives comfortable with her decision.

95Abortion - Page 6 Empty Re: Abortion Mon May 28 2012, 16:19

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
You're the bellend, what sort of friend plasters someone elses business all over the internet? I'm guessing you didn't discuss it with them first. You're also a bellend if you thought starting a thread about abortion wouldn't lead to very conflicting views.

I'm not going to gush with sympathy for your friends, they sound straight out of a Jeremy Kyle programme, and are taking the easy way out just because a baby doesn't suit their lifestyle.

Of course I haven't discussed it with him, there's no need to discuss it with him. There's nothing whatsoever in this thread to identify anyone involved personally. Your point is absolutely ridiculous. And I haven't "plastered anything all over the internet". I've posted a basic outline of their situation with no names on a single internet forum with something like 30-40 active users.

If, in your tiny mind, you don't think this is happening to hundreds of people in this country every single day of every single week, then you're from another planet. Actually you being from another planet would explain an awful lot.

You're the only person on this thread who has resorted to insulting people. You've insulted my friend twice, and you've insulted three other posters. Perhaps you shouldn't take part in serious threads if you can't step out of your troll internet persona for the sake of it.

I'm not expecting anyone to "gush with sympathy" from you or anyone else on behalf of my friend, but if you can't discuss a serious topic without insulting people who disagree with you, I politely suggest you fuck right off.

Last edited by largehat on Mon May 28 2012, 16:20; edited 1 time in total

96Abortion - Page 6 Empty Re: Abortion Mon May 28 2012, 16:19

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Angry Dad wrote:One of my sisters murdered her unborn child. She is catholic yet she still killed it.

Do you hold the belief you have because your Catholic?

97Abortion - Page 6 Empty Re: Abortion Mon May 28 2012, 16:20

Not what I said is it, you need to learn to read. My point is it isn't possible to go to uni and give the child all of their attention, and that factored into their decision. Of course the main reason was they were young and the time wasn't right for them. They got it done very quickly, and I see no problem with it.

You really can't handle other people taking a different view can you? In your little world you have your own perception of right and wrong, fact of the matter is not everybody agrees with you, or the catholic church.

I don't see a fertilized egg as a child straight away, that's my view. I do think they allow abortions to happen to late, but in some cases (rape etc) I can understand.

You need to grow up and accept other people run their lives differently and not try and force your views on others, your like those twats who stand outside abortion clinics protesting, as if the women going in don't have enough to worry about.

98Abortion - Page 6 Empty Re: Abortion Mon May 28 2012, 16:31

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Not what I said is it, you need to learn to read. My point is it isn't possible to go to uni and give the child all of their attention

You don't get it do you. Your friends killed their baby because they didn't have the time to devote to it. They weren't thinking about getting a puppy, they had already created a baby.

Decent people would have put their lives on hold to bring up the child THEY created rather than do the easy thing and have an abortion.

99Abortion - Page 6 Empty Re: Abortion Mon May 28 2012, 16:33

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I don't want to offend anyone, but Laws and especially morals should not be based on religions ideas and restrictions when enforcing them on others.

Religion is to be followed individually, not forced upon others, just as I, being atheists would not force my opinion that, say, god doesn't exist upon someone I knew to be religious, I couldn't care less if someone thought he did or not.

Therefore whether abortion is seen as a sin to some religions is totally irrelevant as to whether it should be allowed.

100Abortion - Page 6 Empty Re: Abortion Mon May 28 2012, 16:56

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Now X how the fuck would i be able to do that???? and why do you even ask that.

It's a hypothetical question. None of us can pass laws but there are laws that we would like passed. Your description of abortion as murder is pretty strong and I was interested in how strictly you would apply this definition if you could.

101Abortion - Page 6 Empty Re: Abortion Mon May 28 2012, 17:29

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:Not what I said is it, you need to learn to read. My point is it isn't possible to go to uni and give the child all of their attention

You don't get it do you. Your friends killed their baby because they didn't have the time to devote to it. They weren't thinking about getting a puppy, they had already created a baby.

Decent people would have put their lives on hold to bring up the child THEY created rather than do the easy thing and have an abortion.

No they hadn't created a baby, they had fertilized an egg as I see it. To be honest I think you're just dim, your only argument is 'killers', which is completely out of order, but my guess is your one of those people who loves to throw it about on the internet, to make up for how boring your real life is. Not a chance would you dare be so insensitive and rude if you came across somebody who had an abortion in the real world.

To be honest I don't know who you think you are, it's so arrogant to condemn these people as killers when they have every right; by law, to make their own choice, and you have zero understanding of the situation they were in.

Anyway your against it, I'm not. No point in trying to reason with you any further is there. You stick to trying to be a good catholic, and I'll enjoy not being.

102Abortion - Page 6 Empty Re: Abortion Mon May 28 2012, 17:36

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

No they hadn't created a baby, they had fertilized an egg as I see it. To be honest I think you're just dim, your only argument is 'killers', which is completely out of order, but my guess is your one of those people who loves to throw it about on the internet, to make up for how boring your real life is. Not a chance would you dare be so insensitive and rude if you came across somebody who had an abortion in the real world.

To be honest I don't know who you think you are, it's so arrogant to condemn these people as killers when they have every right; by law, to make their own choice, and you have zero understanding of the situation they were in.

Anyway your against it, I'm not. No point in trying to reason with you any further is there. You stick to trying to be a good catholic, and I'll enjoy not being.

Strange post, I'm not catholic.

Maybe my language is a bit over the top but I do tire of people trying to justify abortion by saying things like "it wasn't the right time" or "it's better for the child not to be born into this situation".

It may well be legal but it doesn't make it right. Generally abortion is for stupid people who couldn't keep it in their pants, and then didn't have the balls to stick with their responsibility.

103Abortion - Page 6 Empty Re: Abortion Mon May 28 2012, 17:39

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
It may well be legal but it doesn't make it right. Generally abortion is for stupid people who couldn't keep it in their pants, and then didn't have the balls to stick with their responsibility.

I think if people use 2 means of contraception in combination, both man and woman, and the man also 'withdraws' it's a bit of a copout to say that. They have taken responsibility for their actions already by taking all those steps to avoid pregnancies. Sometimes in life there are mitigating circumstances, not all unwanted pregnancies are Jeremy Kyle-seque, sometimes people do all they can to avoid it.

104Abortion - Page 6 Empty Re: Abortion Mon May 28 2012, 17:42

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:

It may well be legal but it doesn't make it right. Generally abortion is for stupid people who couldn't keep it in their pants

I enjoy you use of the word generally. So what about those 'non-general' cases when protection was used but failed?

Also if they are stupid like you say s=then surely they arn't ready to support a child?

It is immoral to force a woman to have a child.

105Abortion - Page 6 Empty Re: Abortion Mon May 28 2012, 18:12

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lofty_Love wrote:

It is immoral to force a woman to have a child.

No, it's immoral to kill an innocent child. If a woman is stupid enough to get herself pregnant she should have the baby - if she wants to give it up for adoption then fine.

We seem to be moving to a culture of not taking responsibility for our actions.

106Abortion - Page 6 Empty Re: Abortion Mon May 28 2012, 18:22

i don't agree with natasha on this subject in general but i do agree abortion has become an easy way out for people too stupid to realise the consequences of their actions.

107Abortion - Page 6 Empty Re: Abortion Mon May 28 2012, 18:37

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The bible states that the punishment for taking the LORDS name in vain is stoning.

I think that tells you everything you need to know should you be following it as a source of your moral compass.

108Abortion - Page 6 Empty Re: Abortion Mon May 28 2012, 18:44

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

not-so-plain-jayne wrote:i don't agree with natasha on this subject in general but i do agree abortion has become an easy way out for people too stupid to realise the consequences of their actions.

Agreed. It's not just for "people who can't keep it in their pants", it's used by women who are too stupid to take the necessary precautions (including the morning after pill).

109Abortion - Page 6 Empty Re: Abortion Mon May 28 2012, 19:11

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:The bible states that the punishment for taking the LORDS name in vain is stoning.

I think that tells you everything you need to know should you be following it as a source of your moral compass.

Why are you trying to turn this into a religious argument?

110Abortion - Page 6 Empty Re: Abortion Mon May 28 2012, 19:13

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:The bible states that the punishment for taking the LORDS name in vain is stoning.

Why are you trying to turn this into a religious argument?

I'm merely pointing out that religion should have no place in the discussion.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum