Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jay Rodriguez - Worth a punt?

+3
Reebok Trotter
largehat
Sluffy
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Jay Rodriguez - Worth a punt? Empty Jay Rodriguez - Worth a punt? Tue May 29 2012, 17:59

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Going to Southampton for £7 million apparently - just as well Coyle would probably have had him sat with Sordell on the bench all season!

Burnley have accepted a £7m bid from Southampton for striker Jay Rodriguez, BBC Sport understands.

The striker, 22, scored 21 goals for the Clarets last season.

A host of Premier League clubs, including Aston Villa, Everton, Wigan and Norwich, are still hopeful of signing the forward, who has also been the subject of a bid from Cardiff.

The Clarets have refused to comment but BBC Radio Lancashire reports that the Southampton bid has been accepted.

Rodriguez, who was named in the Championship team of the year by the Professional Footballers' Association last month, is currently on holiday and a deal is not thought to be imminent.

Last month Southampton manager Nigel Adkins said he was already looking for players to improve his squad after they were promoted to the Premier League.

Burnley-born Rodriguez started his career at his hometown club, scoring 41 goals in 128 appearances overall. He has made one appearance for the England under-21 side.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18246845

2Jay Rodriguez - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Jay Rodriguez - Worth a punt? Tue May 29 2012, 18:11

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Coyle's never expressed an interest in Rodriguez as far as I know.

Anyway, I think they've paid over the odds when you consider what we paid for Sordell and Swansea paid for Danny Graham. Time will tell.

3Jay Rodriguez - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Jay Rodriguez - Worth a punt? Tue May 29 2012, 18:13

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Burnley fans will not be happy. According to Copper Dragon Rodriguez is a local lad to Burnley.

4Jay Rodriguez - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Jay Rodriguez - Worth a punt? Tue May 29 2012, 18:24

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Too lightweight.

5Jay Rodriguez - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Jay Rodriguez - Worth a punt? Tue May 29 2012, 18:35

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Natasha Whittam wrote:Too lightweight.

Too predictable.

6Jay Rodriguez - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Jay Rodriguez - Worth a punt? Tue May 29 2012, 20:21

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:

Too predictable.

I said about a week ago that I am sick of people suggesting players that will NEVER sign for BWFC and will answer each one with "too lightweight".

It's going to be a long Summer for you.

7Jay Rodriguez - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Jay Rodriguez - Worth a punt? Tue May 29 2012, 21:52

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:Burnley fans will not be happy. According to Copper Dragon Rodriguez is a local lad to Burnley.

No that's not the case ReebokTrotter, we've known for some time that he'd be off sooner rather than later.

He is a local lad and a Burnley fan but if he wants to further his career then he needs a move. He's a model pro and not a fancy dan at all.

As for the £7 million from the Saints being accepted, it means nowt. Rodders is currently out of the country and is yet to meet with the Saints crew. He may well go to Southampton but I think it's a little ploy from Burnley to get it out in the media and hope there's a bit of a bidding war.

8Jay Rodriguez - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Jay Rodriguez - Worth a punt? Tue May 29 2012, 22:02

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He is clearly out of our price range but if Burnley can get a decent price for him then why not sell him. Everton had a similar situation with Shrek. It's a case of supply and demand.

9Jay Rodriguez - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Jay Rodriguez - Worth a punt? Tue May 29 2012, 22:15

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Like I posted on t'other board ReebokTrotter, I don't think that he'd sign for a club managed by Susan's lad.

10Jay Rodriguez - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Jay Rodriguez - Worth a punt? Tue May 29 2012, 22:18

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Was he at Burnley when Coyle was there ? I thought Coyle had already left for Bolton.

11Jay Rodriguez - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Jay Rodriguez - Worth a punt? Tue May 29 2012, 22:23

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Yes he's been at Burnley since he was born. Cool

Susan's lad stuck him on as a sub against Spurs and Rodders scored which nearly got us to the League Cup final.

12Jay Rodriguez - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Jay Rodriguez - Worth a punt? Tue May 29 2012, 22:52

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have heard his name bandied about quite a bit and I have seen him on the Championship programme after Match of the Day. He looks the business.

13Jay Rodriguez - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Jay Rodriguez - Worth a punt? Tue May 29 2012, 23:00

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

He is a good player but I just think that he'll fall short in the Money League.

What I mean by that is he won't set it alight or become a senior England player, as what some (Burnley fans) think he will do.

He'll score a few though.

14Jay Rodriguez - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Jay Rodriguez - Worth a punt? Tue May 29 2012, 23:06

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Hes been pretty highly rated for the last two years.... which has made him out of our price range, people wanted this lad last summer but I really can't see us being able to afford him, and like said before, hes a Burnley lad and most likely won't want to join anyway.

Gave up on us signing Jay about 12 months ago, won't happen.

He should do well wherever he goes though

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum