Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A Profile of Eddie Davies - but it doesn't make sense!

+4
Reebok Trotter
Hipster_Nebula
finlaymcdanger
Sluffy
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

From the Manchester Evening News -

Born in Little Lever.

Father of two.

Aged 56.

Son and daughter still live in Bolton.

Educated at Farnworth Grammar School

558th= richest man in Britain according to Sunday Times list with £60m. Shares his ranking with author Jackie Collins, motor racing guru Eddie Jordan and Cumbrian haulier Eddie Stobart.

Lives on the Isle of Man.

Awarded OBE for Services to Industry in 2000.

Underwent a heart bypass operation in 1996.

Donated £100,000 towards a new coronary care unit at the Royal Bolton Hospital.

Became a non executive director of Wanderers in 1999, the same year Sam Allardyce became manager.

Traces his support for Wanderers back to Nat Lofthouse and the FA Cup winners of 1958.

Executive chairman of the Strix Group, whose boast is that one of their products is used more than a billion times every day by approximately 20 per cent of world's population.

The company manufactures a wide range of kettle controls, cordless interfaces, thermostats and water boiling elements. It has annual sales of £70m and employs more than 1,000 people.

Became the major shareholder of Burnden Leisure PLC in December 2003.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Now apart from the bollocks as to the £160 odd million debt being owed to him (which would be at least in theory an asset of his and thus make him far richer than the Times has him) the interesting thing to me is his Wanderers credentials.

Followed the club since the 58 cup win and Lofthouse's days.

Thing is though the 58 final was 57 years ago and Lofthouse retired as a player in 1960, that's 55 years ago.

Davies is 56 years old!

Work that one out because I can't.

The article was published in 2004.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ah, then it does make sense after all.

Thanks for clearing that up.

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

558th richest man in 2004. 

2015 18th poorest man in the world.

It doesn't make sense that he was 56 when that article was published in 2004, now he is 69. Question

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's actually been dead for years we've just been hiding it like the Taliban

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Eddie Davies started life as an estate agent. He opened his first shop in Farnworth and then a second one in Little Lever.

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Welcome back rt!!

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Sluffy wrote:From the Manchester Evening News -

Born in Little Lever.

Father of two.

Aged 56.

Son and daughter still live in Bolton.

Educated at Farnworth Grammar School

558th= richest man in Britain according to Sunday Times list with £60m. Shares his ranking with author Jackie Collins, motor racing guru Eddie Jordan and Cumbrian haulier Eddie Stobart.

Lives on the Isle of Man.

Awarded OBE for Services to Industry in 2000.

Underwent a heart bypass operation in 1996.

Donated £100,000 towards a new coronary care unit at the Royal Bolton Hospital.

Became a non executive director of Wanderers in 1999, the same year Sam Allardyce became manager.

Traces his support for Wanderers back to Nat Lofthouse and the FA Cup winners of 1958.

Executive chairman of the Strix Group, whose boast is that one of their products is used more than a billion times every day by approximately 20 per cent of world's population.

The company manufactures a wide range of kettle controls, cordless interfaces, thermostats and water boiling elements. It has annual sales of £70m and employs more than 1,000 people.

Became the major shareholder of Burnden Leisure PLC in December 2003.

Now apart from the bollocks as to the £160 odd million debt being owed to him (which would be at least in theory an asset of his and thus make him far richer than the Times has him) the interesting thing to me is his Wanderers credentials.

Followed the club since the 58 cup win and Lofthouse's days.

Thing is though the 58 final was 57 years ago and Lofthouse retired as a player in 1960, that's 55 years ago.

Davies is 56 years old!

Work that one out because I can't.

Perhaps this explains somethings

Can see that he is on for the squarestone brasil board representing Victoria and albert museum -  apparently??

Can't see his board membership of the Sula Group

Also offer you two contrasting articles

and

rogercpc

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Eddie Davies, in the few pics I have seen of him, does not strike me as a man who is only 56 yerars old, more like 76! Maybe he has tried to airbrush his real age out of history.

rogercpc wrote:Eddie Davies, in the few pics I have seen of him, does not strike me as a man who is only 56 yerars old.

That's possibly because he's 69.

Breadman wrote:
rogercpc wrote:Eddie Davies, in the few pics I have seen of him, does not strike me as a man who is only 56 yerars old.

That's possibly because he's 69.
or is it that you just like that number.................oh no..........he's 69, sorry Smile

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

from what i've read recently he's not in good health either, so what happens if he dies suddenly?

the maybe we will owe him a more realistic figure and not the gartside accounted figures!

The Co-Op Funeral Service do a cracking job for about three grand.

If we send Vela out on loan for a few months, that should cover it.

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Norpig wrote:from what i've read recently he's not in good health either, so what happens if he dies suddenly?
According to rumour Gartside told staff that if ED was to pass away, the debt would be wiped. If we sold the club the debt would be wiped.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

The money might be Davies's but it is loaned to the club from an investment company - Moonshift.

If Davies died it would have no effect on the contract between Burnden Leisure and Moonshift.

It may be that Moonshift would write off the debt but that would depend on who actually own that business and its financial position to do so.

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Sluffy wrote:The money might be Davies's but it is loaned to the club from an investment company - Moonshift.

If Davies died it would have no effect on the contract between Burnden Leisure and Moonshift.

It may be that Moonshift would write off the debt but that would depend on who actually own that business and its financial position to do so.

Presumably that's Davies and his wife / family.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum