Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What Lennon Thought - Sheffield Weds

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What Lennon Thought - Sheffield Weds Empty What Lennon Thought - Sheffield Weds Wed Sep 16 2015, 09:11

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Neil Lennon says a draw was a fair result, as Bolton and Sheffield Wednesday shared the spoils in an entertaining 0-0 draw at Macron Stadium on Tuesday evening.

In a frantic and competitive game, both sides created a series of half-chances but ultimately failed to register on the scoresheet.

The result means Bolton are now unbeaten in their last four outings, with the manager happy with the progress his side are making.

Speaking in his post-match press conference, Lennon said: “I thought it was a very good game. It was really open, particularly in the first half. 

“Both teams created good chances to score and early on I really couldn’t see the game ending goalless. 

“We tweaked things a little bit in the second half to try and balance things out and I thought we finished the game strongly. We’re just lacking a little bit in the final third at the moment.

“I thought Neil Danns was outstanding in the middle of the park, whilst Prince and Derik were both very good at the back.

“We’re now four unbeaten and it’s another point on the board. There are a lot of positive aspects to our play at the moment. We look like a difficult team to beat and there is a bit more resilience about us.

“We’re having a real go right now and the players are giving me everything right now.”

The manager also moved to clarify an injury to Zach Clough, after the youngster was forced from the field of play with a shoulder injury.

“We’re expecting to lose Zach Clough for a period of time now. It seems his other shoulder has popped out and that could require surgery. We’ll know more after the scan.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by karlypants on Wed Sep 16 2015, 16:55; edited 1 time in total

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum