Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Will we get relegated - vote now!

+10
Numpty 28723
scottjames30
rammywhite
Bwfc1958
wanderlust
Hipster_Nebula
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
Bolton Nuts
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Will Bolton be relegated this season?

Will we get relegated - vote now! Vote_lcap14%Will we get relegated - vote now! Vote_rcap 14% [ 4 ]
Will we get relegated - vote now! Vote_lcap50%Will we get relegated - vote now! Vote_rcap 50% [ 14 ]
Will we get relegated - vote now! Vote_lcap36%Will we get relegated - vote now! Vote_rcap 36% [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 28

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Will we get relegated - vote now! Empty Will we get relegated - vote now! Wed Nov 04 2015, 23:19

Bolton Nuts

Admin

It's not just a bad run now, it's our true position. We have scored 1 goal in the last 5 games. We have scored only 10 goals in total in a full 3rd of a season. 10 points in 15 games. Lost half our games and 1 just once in about 20 if you count last season.

On current form this is what will happen at the end of the season.

Plyd:46  Won:3   Drw:21   Lst:22   GFor:30   GAgst:67   Pts:30

That would see us finish in 24th position (bootom), 9 points behind last seasons 23rd placed Wigan.

So, do you really think we can stop the rot, or are we practically relegated?

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

2Will we get relegated - vote now! Empty Re: Will we get relegated - vote now! Wed Nov 04 2015, 23:31

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We will stay up - just.

3Will we get relegated - vote now! Empty Re: Will we get relegated - vote now! Thu Nov 05 2015, 08:03

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If Lennon gets the push in November we will stay up - if not we're going down.

4Will we get relegated - vote now! Empty Re: Will we get relegated - vote now! Thu Nov 05 2015, 08:28

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i think we will go down, we just don't score enough goals and we are hopeless away

5Will we get relegated - vote now! Empty Re: Will we get relegated - vote now! Thu Nov 05 2015, 09:23

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I Thought we'd easily stay up. Now I'm leaning to scraping it. But I would no longer be surprised to see us go down.

6Will we get relegated - vote now! Empty Re: Will we get relegated - vote now! Thu Nov 05 2015, 09:28

Lennon's finally come out and said he doesn't know why he's not been given any money.

So there you have it - he's finally admitting in public that he's been mislead by "you know who".

So much for all this "I have a good relationship with the chairman and we speak every day" bollocks.

What about?

What you watched on telly last night and what's on your butties?

The end is nigh....

7Will we get relegated - vote now! Empty Re: Will we get relegated - vote now! Thu Nov 05 2015, 09:35

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Lennon's finally come out and said he doesn't know why he's not been given any money.

Really? Is he trying to tell us that he hasn't heard about our financial position? 
Don't believe that for a second seeing as everyone on the planet and their dog knows we're skint so surely the manager of the club has an inkling.

8Will we get relegated - vote now! Empty Re: Will we get relegated - vote now! Thu Nov 05 2015, 09:46

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

He probably thought there would be a little amount of money at least for loans and wages for free transfers. It looks to me like he's realised he's up shit creek and can't possibly get these players to turn it round so he's beginning to try and protect himself and his reputation. He's basically saying yes we are shit but what can I do?

9Will we get relegated - vote now! Empty Re: Will we get relegated - vote now! Thu Nov 05 2015, 09:49

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

And for the record I think we'll go down. There's no signs of seeing results on a regular basis so we're doomed. Lennon will be in for the long haul if he doesn't quit because we can't afford to pay him off and bring in a manager whose proven.

10Will we get relegated - vote now! Empty Re: Will we get relegated - vote now! Thu Nov 05 2015, 09:51

Bwfc1958 wrote:He probably thought there would be a little amount of money at least for loans and wages for free transfers. It looks to me like he's realised he's up shit creek and can't possibly get these players to turn it round so he's beginning to try and protect himself and his reputation. He's basically saying yes we are shit but what can I do?

As Freedman did.

I fully stand by my assertion that he must have been mislead by Gartside who probably made it sound like there would be some cash available for bringing quality in.

Knowing full well that there wouldn't be and he'd be able to use the manager to take the flak in public and divert attention away from himself, whilst hiding in Der Bunker.

Again.

As he did with Freedman.

11Will we get relegated - vote now! Empty Re: Will we get relegated - vote now! Thu Nov 05 2015, 10:17

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Bwfc1958 wrote:He probably thought there would be a little amount of money at least for loans and wages for free transfers. It looks to me like he's realised he's up shit creek and can't possibly get these players to turn it round so he's beginning to try and protect himself and his reputation. He's basically saying yes we are shit but what can I do?

He has been given money for loans and free transfers- Silva, Madine, Amos, Prince Guano, Dobbie, Derik Osede, Wison, Pisano, Twardzik,  Casado, Ameobi

That's 11 players. I know he's off loaded a few like Mears, Chungy and a number of younger players.
So you can't accuse the club of  a blanket refusal to allow him to add to the squad.
Some of these have been dross- but others are reasonably good players. It's the fact that he won't create a settled team with players playing in their positions that causes the problem.
That and an utterly impotent front line.. If he'd convinced Eidur to stay or had the money to sign ALF we'd be knocking on the door!!

12Will we get relegated - vote now! Empty Re: Will we get relegated - vote now! Thu Nov 05 2015, 10:31

A striker would solve a lot of our problems, it's the only part of the team that's relegation quality IMO. The players are suffering from a lack of confidence and Lennon isn't doing nearly enough to sort that out, step one get a settled back 4 with players in their right positions and start keeping clean sheets. Build from there.

13Will we get relegated - vote now! Empty Re: Will we get relegated - vote now! Thu Nov 05 2015, 10:49

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

bwfc1874 wrote:A striker would solve a lot of our problems, it's the only part of the team that's relegation quality IMO. The players are suffering from a lack of confidence and Lennon isn't doing nearly enough to sort that out, step one get a settled back 4 with players in their right positions and start keeping clean sheets. Build from there.
I agree. If we'd signed ALF that would have helped a lot. I think with the defence he's causing all his own problems. He's got the 4 centrebacks and he likes them all. There's Wheater, Dervite, Osede, and Prince and he doesn't like leaving them out so to try and get as many in the team as possible, rather than just pick 2 from 4 and leave the others out, he's sticking them at right back for the sake of fitting them in the team. He spent last year complaining he had no recognised RB so played a midfielder there and now he's signed a couple he's playing CB's there. Doesn't make sense.

14Will we get relegated - vote now! Empty Re: Will we get relegated - vote now! Thu Nov 05 2015, 11:07

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Read today in the metro, Lennon said.

" you don't have to worry about losing the dressing room, the dressing room has to worry about losing me "

I think he's ready to walk after reading that bit off info.

15Will we get relegated - vote now! Empty Re: Will we get relegated - vote now! Thu Nov 05 2015, 11:13

Am I right in saying Pisano and Wilson are both injured? 

Personally I'd play Vela there over a CB until one of them are fit again.

16Will we get relegated - vote now! Empty Re: Will we get relegated - vote now! Thu Nov 05 2015, 11:43

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It looks like we'll be relegated if we carry on like we have been doing, but every week is a new opportunity to change things around.

True, the overall quality isn't good, but I believe a change in system and selection would go a long way towards securing enough points to stay safe.
So for me it depends on what changes are made and when.

Marc Iles comments that he ascribes to Lennon in which he claims that the players aren't good enough (article about transfer funding) lend credence to the assertion that Lennon is finding it difficult to adjust his tactics to suit players who aren't as good as NL was as a player or the players NL managed at Celtic. If NL can get over that, we're in with a chance.

17Will we get relegated - vote now! Empty Re: Will we get relegated - vote now! Thu Nov 05 2015, 12:29

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Saturday is the acid test for me. If we can't use this match to show that we're capable of scoring goals (a goal even) and capable of actually winning a game then we might as well give up.

Sadly, I think we're knackered already though.

18Will we get relegated - vote now! Empty Re: Will we get relegated - vote now! Thu Nov 05 2015, 12:47

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Numpty 28723 wrote:Saturday is the acid test for me. If we can't use this match to show that we're capable of scoring goals (a goal even) and capable of actually winning a game then we might as well give up.

So you're expecting change overnight Numpty? I don't think that's possible but an improved performance would be a start. However I don't think even that's likely unless Lennon changes the system to suit the squad - and he's a stubborn so and so.

19Will we get relegated - vote now! Empty Re: Will we get relegated - vote now! Thu Nov 05 2015, 15:19

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:
Numpty 28723 wrote:Saturday is the acid test for me. If we can't use this match to show that we're capable of scoring goals (a goal even) and capable of actually winning a game then we might as well give up.

So you're expecting change overnight Numpty? I don't think that's possible but an improved performance would be a start. However I don't think even that's likely unless Lennon changes the system to suit the squad - and he's a stubborn so and so.

Not expecting change, no. The last two games have drained the very last drops of optimism out of me.

20Will we get relegated - vote now! Empty Re: Will we get relegated - vote now! Thu Nov 05 2015, 20:10

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Am I right in saying Pisano and Wilson are both injured?
They are.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum