Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Another twist

+7
boltonbonce
karlypants
Bwfc1958
wanderlust
Norpig
Sluffy
Boggersbelief
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Another twist Empty Another twist Fri Nov 20 2015, 00:34

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ex-Wanderers and Greece star Stelios forms bid for Wanderers takeover
EX-WANDERERS favourite Stelios Giannakopoulos is believed to have assembled a multi-national consortium to make an offer for the club.

It is understood that the former European Championship-winning midfielder has submitted his interest to owner Eddie Davies, backed with cash from Europe and North America.

Whether Davies is open to foreign investment remains unclear, although sources close to the club suggest he has favoured home-based bids such as the current front-runner, Sports Shield, whose effort is being co-ordinated by another ex-Whites star, Dean Holdsworth.

When contacted last night the 41-year-old, who made 177 appearances for the club and played in two European campaigns, could not confirm or deny his involvement.

“The only thing I can say is that I have the club in my heart,” he told The Bolton News. “I loved the five fantastic seasons I had with Bolton Wanderers. I had great memories and not only me, but all the players in the team at the time.
“I cannot make any comment on my business plans right now.”

Meanwhile, The Bolton News understands that Sports Shield’s bid – which was formally submitted yesterday – is self-funded by its two directors, Holdsworth and Michael Collins.

The company has ambitious plans for the club and hinted that they could be closing in on completion last night with a tweet for their official account, which read: “Delighted to announce that Sports Shield will be funding our second football project in the near future! #timing.”

2Another twist Empty Re: Another twist Fri Nov 20 2015, 00:39

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Great!

A bid from someone from a bankrupt country currently swamped with refugees!

It just keeps getting better and better.

Very Happy

3Another twist Empty Re: Another twist Fri Nov 20 2015, 00:43

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's believed to have teamed up with Red Bull

4Another twist Empty Re: Another twist Fri Nov 20 2015, 07:34

Mark Winstanley and Mark Seagraves are believed to be putting a bid together as well.

5Another twist Empty Re: Another twist Fri Nov 20 2015, 08:37

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Winny is too busy delivering for Warbies, not sure his wages would stretch that far  Very Happy

6Another twist Empty Re: Another twist Fri Nov 20 2015, 08:50

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good grief. Doesn't look like anything will be sorted out any time soon.

7Another twist Empty Re: Another twist Fri Nov 20 2015, 09:07

wanderlust wrote:Good grief. Doesn't look like anything will be sorted out any time soon.

You called this when you suggested that Holdsworth's lot showing interest would encourage other potentially interested groups to come forward.

So if we wind up with somebody like Paddy McUseless owning the club, I'm blaming you.

8Another twist Empty Re: Another twist Fri Nov 20 2015, 09:38

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

in all seriousness if it takes a bit longer to ensure we get the right people in who have the best interests of the club at heart then it makes sense. We don't want to end up with people like the Venky's do we?

With the price coming down i'm surprised there hasn't been some kind of supporter led (obviously with proper backing) bid like at Portsmouth and Leeds.

9Another twist Empty Re: Another twist Fri Nov 20 2015, 10:31

Norpig wrote:With the price coming down i'm surprised there hasn't been some kind of supporter led (obviously with proper backing) bid like at Portsmouth and Leeds.
I've done 5 days overtime in the last 2 week. So I'm good for about 900 quid.

10Another twist Empty Re: Another twist Fri Nov 20 2015, 10:40

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Barb Dwyer wrote:
Norpig wrote:With the price coming down i'm surprised there hasn't been some kind of supporter led (obviously with proper backing) bid like at Portsmouth and Leeds.
I've done 5 days overtime in the last 2 week. So I'm good for about 900 quid.
 thats a good start Barb, as you're first in you get to be chairman  Very Happy

11Another twist Empty Re: Another twist Fri Nov 20 2015, 10:48

Ok, as chairman we need to start making money and I think Dean Holdsworths consortium could be on to something so we are going to have Amir Khan fighting at the Macron every week. His first opponent will be a mountain gorilla. Details of his 2nd fight will be confirmed after the outcome of fight 1.

12Another twist Empty Re: Another twist Fri Nov 20 2015, 11:00

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

I too have done a little extra work recently, so after all my bills and being fleeced by my Mrs and kids I have about 17p to contribute. Definitely worth a seat on the board as that's at least double the current monthly turnover of the club. I can also throw in a packet of Starburst as I have them from when breadman rejected my offer to buy his holiday. 

Am I in?

13Another twist Empty Re: Another twist Fri Nov 20 2015, 11:08

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:I too have done a little extra work recently, so after all my bills and being fleeced by my Mrs and kids I have about 17p to contribute. Definitely worth a seat on the board as that's at least double the current monthly turnover of the club. I can also throw in a packet of Starburst as I have them from when breadman rejected my offer to buy his holiday. 

Am I in?
since you seem on top of the numbers you're in as well. How about CEO, does that sound good?

14Another twist Empty Re: Another twist Fri Nov 20 2015, 11:09

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Barb Dwyer wrote:Ok, as chairman we need to start making money and I think Dean Holdsworths consortium could be on to something so we are going to have Amir Khan fighting at the Macron every week. His first opponent will be a mountain gorilla. Details of his 2nd fight will be confirmed after the outcome of fight 1.
 piece of piss this running a football club isn't it?  Very Happy

15Another twist Empty Re: Another twist Fri Nov 20 2015, 11:12

I made a rather nice carrot cake last night and bunged some strawberries in it that I found in the bottom of the fridge (slightly on the turn and a bit mushy but you can't tell with them having been baked in the cake).

Two quid a piece and all monies donated to the fund.

Any takers?

(You've got to provide your own Carnation, sorry.)

16Another twist Empty Re: Another twist Fri Nov 20 2015, 11:13

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

Norpig wrote:
Bwfc1958 wrote:I too have done a little extra work recently, so after all my bills and being fleeced by my Mrs and kids I have about 17p to contribute. Definitely worth a seat on the board as that's at least double the current monthly turnover of the club. I can also throw in a packet of Starburst as I have them from when breadman rejected my offer to buy his holiday. 

Am I in?
since you seem on top of the numbers you're in as well. How about CEO, does that sound good?
Perfect. My first act will be to appoint Boncey as director of matchday entertainment. I am reliably informed he has a great idea of who he can get on board to entertain the supporters.

17Another twist Empty Re: Another twist Fri Nov 20 2015, 11:14

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:
Norpig wrote:

Am I in?
Perfect. My first act will be to appoint Boncey as director of matchday entertainment. I am reliably informed he has a great idea of who he can get on board to entertain the supporters.
affraid remember we are trying to entice people back 58

18Another twist Empty Re: Another twist Fri Nov 20 2015, 11:54

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

After having my early Black Friday bonanza at Bargain Booze, I have come out the same as Barb with £900 and I was lucky to find £1 down the back of the sofa.

As I have £901, do I get the controlling share?

I will lower alcohol prices within the stadium and offer a better variety and remove those awful hotdogs that they currently sell for £4.50, I will also employ Natasha on the lucky dip counter.

All I want is a statue at the front of the ground of my famous bins as well.

Am I in? Very Happy

19Another twist Empty Re: Another twist Fri Nov 20 2015, 12:05

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:After having my early Black Friday bonanza at Bargain Booze, I have come out the same as Barb with £900 and I was lucky to find £1 down the back of the sofa.

I will lower alcohol prices within the stadium and offer a better variety and remove those awful hotdogs that they currently sell for £4.50, I will also employ Natasha on the lucky dip counter.

Am I in? Very Happy
Lose the statue and you're in  Laughing Nice idea about Nat as well. As Barb has already bagsied Chairman we may need to come up with some other meaningless management jargon name for you. Breaders or Lusty will know what's best suited.

20Another twist Empty Re: Another twist Fri Nov 20 2015, 12:17

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

Norpig wrote:
karlypants wrote:After having my early Black Friday bonanza at Bargain Booze, I have come out the same as Barb with £900 and I was lucky to find £1 down the back of the sofa.

Am I in? Very Happy
Lose the statue and you're in  Laughing Nice idea about Nat as well. As Barb has already bagsied Chairman we may need to come up with some other meaningless management jargon name for you. Breaders or Lusty will know what's best suited.
Toilet blowjob attendant?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum