Last Match: Rotherham 1-1 Bolton (Doidge)
Next Match: Bolton v Forest on Wednesday 8pm Live

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Jonathon Disley - The King of Marbella

Jonathon Disley - The King of Marbella

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 7]

151 Re: Jonathon Disley - The King of Marbella on Wed Dec 09 2015, 10:58

Boggersbelief

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I'm struggling to understand why ED is not keeping the club ticking over until the takeover is done. It's his duty. And to leave his staff unpaid and also choose to not pay the HRMC is shitty of him, as he has the money to do so.

152 Re: Jonathon Disley - The King of Marbella on Wed Dec 09 2015, 11:08

Norpig

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
totally agree with you Boggers, i said as much on another thread. He has gone from hero to zero over the last few weeks

p.s who's the avatar? I can't see her face  Very Happy

153 Re: Jonathon Disley - The King of Marbella on Wed Dec 09 2015, 11:11

luckyPeterpiper

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I'm struggling to understand why ED is not keeping the club ticking over until the takeover is done. It's his duty. And to leave his staff unpaid and also choose to not pay the HRMC is shitty of him, as he has the money to do so.
Are you sure he has the money boggers? Not being combative, simply asking because of the sheer murkiness of all those holding companies and the like that appear to be behind him. Eddie had a highest published net worth of 96 million a few years back and yet he's apparently put nearly twice that much into the club. Where did that money all come from? 

My feeling is Eddie's desperate to get out (and it is just a feeling) and right now his head's in the sand. Why else did he spend so long insisting that a buyer had to keep Phil on as chairman? And why would you bring in another body to sell the club rather than take personal charge to get the deal done quickly unless you either don't understand the situation's severity OR it's not really your money on the line anymore. 

The stench around the finances of the club has been growing for several years, now it seems to be choking any chance of saving it. Someone needs to come clean and fast about who owns what and how much they want to let us move on and start afresh.

154 Re: Jonathon Disley - The King of Marbella on Wed Dec 09 2015, 11:20

Guest


Guest
It's because "St Eddie" doesn't actually give a shit about BWFC or the people who work for the club.

Someone mentioned the writing off of the debt to Boggers' mate Nixon on Twitter last night and his response was a simple one: "Don't fall for the £175 million crap."

He's made his money (or rather whoever's really in charge at Moonshift have) and he's throwing us to the wolves because if they retain ownership of the club any longer, it's going to start costing them money.

All this bullshit about him demanding an upfront payment of £10 to £15 million from potential new owners "to safeguard the future of the club" is a nonsense which proves my point in my view.

So long as he's still the owner, he's the one liable for paying bills and wages but the cheeky twat is still trying to get someone else to carry the can - This new money would cover any wages owed, the HMRC bill and God only knows what else is outstanding in terms of money owed by the club.

But he doesn't want to pay it, so he's trying to offload it to some other mug.

And in doing so, he's harming the prospects of a (much needed) speedy resolution.

It's the last throw of the dice from a greedy, deceitful owner who has proven over the course of the last ten days or so that he's happy to deal with convicted criminals if it means he gets what he wants and who doesn't give a shit about BWFC and its loyal staff.

155 Re: Jonathon Disley - The King of Marbella on Wed Dec 09 2015, 11:21

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:totally agree with you Boggers, i said as much on another thread. He has gone from hero to zero over the last few weeks

p.s who's the avatar? I can't see her face  Very Happy
You don't need her face. Very Happy

156 Re: Jonathon Disley - The King of Marbella on Wed Dec 09 2015, 11:23

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Breadman wrote:It's because "St Eddie" doesn't actually give a shit about BWFC or the people who work for the club.

Someone mentioned the writing off of the debt to Boggers' mate Nixon on Twitter last night and his response was a simple one: "Don't fall for the £175 million crap."

He's made his money (or rather whoever's really in charge at Moonshift have) and he's throwing us to the wolves because if they retain ownership of the club any longer, it's going to start costing them money.

All this bullshit about him demanding an upfront payment of £10 to £15 million from potential new owners "to safeguard the future of the club" is a nonsense which proves my point in my view.

So long as he's still the owner, he's the one liable for paying bills and wages but the cheeky twat is still trying to get someone else to carry the can - This new money would cover any wages owed, the HMRC bill and God only knows what else is outstanding in terms of money owed by the club.

But he doesn't want to pay it, so he's trying to offload it to some other mug.

And in doing so, he's harming the prospects of a (much needed) speedy resolution.

It's the last throw of the dice from a greedy, deceitful owner who has proven over the course of the last ten days or so that he's happy to deal with convicted criminals if it means he gets what he wants and who doesn't give a shit about BWFC and its loyal staff.
:clap:

157 Re: Jonathon Disley - The King of Marbella on Wed Dec 09 2015, 11:48

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Considering we don't know the facts, there's rather a lot of moral posturing and condemnation going on.

Saying that the staff should get paid is as motherhood and apple pie as it gets and there's really no need for it because we all know it's true.

Surely our concern should be about what we don't know?

After all we could be in the final stages of a takeover that removes the previous management, pays all outstanding debts and wages, invests in the team and moves the club forward.

There'll be plenty of time for lynchings and suicides once we know this is not the case, but everyone seems to be jumping the gun for now, based on what? The creative ramblings of media editors desperate for a story? Or more accurately, their individual embellishments to the same speculative story.

Come on - we're smart enough to know that sometimes there is smoke without fire. Not saying that's the case here, but we should at least wait until the truth emerges before we wade in with both feet.

159 Re: Jonathon Disley - The King of Marbella on Wed Dec 09 2015, 12:18

Guest


Guest
The problem is, it's very hard to believe a word that comes out of the club these days, Lusty.

On Nov 5th, they scoffed at the very notion of Administration and said everything was still ok.

A week later Gartside disappears and Trevor Birch arrives - definitely to "facilitate negotiations with parties interested in a teakeover" and not at all because he's a specialist in preparing football clubs for going into Administration, oh no, definitely not that - honest.

On the 25th of November we were told that a deal was "imminent" and would happen within "the next couple of days"

Well, it's Dec 9th now and (the possibility of HMRC securing a winding up petition in the next few days aside) not a lot has happened.

Oh, apart from Holdsworth being photographed inside the ground with a convicted fraudster sat next to him, let's not forget that.

According to the local press, the stumbling block appears to be that none of the potential investors meet with ED's criteria for success (whatever that means).

It's a mess and it doesn't look like this takeover is happening any time soon.

And time is the one thing we haven't got much of.

ED seems to be very good at dictating terms and time-scales at his micro level but he can't control HMRC and very soon, it'll be them in control, not him.

And then all bets are off.

160 Re: Jonathon Disley - The King of Marbella on Wed Dec 09 2015, 12:32

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Breadman wrote:The problem is, it's very hard to believe a word that comes out of the club these days, Lusty.

On Nov 5th, they scoffed at the very notion of Administration and said everything was still ok.

A week later Gartside disappears and Trevor Birch arrives - definitely to "facilitate negotiations with parties interested in a teakeover" and not at all because he's a specialist in preparing football clubs for going into Administration, oh no, definitely not that - honest.

On the 25th of November we were told that a deal was "imminent" and would happen within "the next couple of days"

Well, it's Dec 9th now and (the possibility of HMRC securing a winding up petition in the next few days aside) not a lot has happened.

Oh, apart from Holdsworth being photographed inside the ground with a convicted fraudster sat next to him, let's not forget that.

According to the local press, the stumbling block appears to be that none of the potential investors meet with ED's criteria for success (whatever that means).

It's a mess and it doesn't look like this takeover is happening any time soon.

And time is the one thing we haven't got much of.

ED seems to be very good at dictating terms and time-scales at his micro level but he can't control HMRC and very soon, it'll be them in control, not him.

And then all bets are off.
It's a bag of shit no doubt, but I'm just saying we know nothing for sure so don't top yourself just yet.

You cite "what comes out of the club" as a source of information but that's not right is it?

What we hear doesn't come out of the club. It comes out of journos and I don't know how to break this to you gently but....

....they've been known to be economical with the truth before. Although I am sure there really is a London double decker bus on the moon and that woman's son was reincarnated as a fish finger.

Why let the truth get in the way of a good story?

161 Re: Jonathon Disley - The King of Marbella on Wed Dec 09 2015, 13:48

luckyPeterpiper

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
Lusty it was a B-17 Bomber that was found on the moon not a double decker bus mate. I know that because I saw the picture in the paper and the papers are NEVER wrong. Very Happy

On a more serious note, the fact you're spot on and that nothing is coming from the club other than a deafening silence is deeply worrying to say the least and only causes the journalists and us to speculate all the more. I still do not believe that Disley's presence next to Dean was any kind of coincidence. I do think that may be why Birch was so quick to say the SSI bid didn't meet the criteria as I suspect he found out about Disley's involvement a day or two before the match and wanted to head off any suggestion he was not on the ball. 

I really think we'll see Admin in the next few days now, possibly as early as Friday. ED may think he's still in charge but he really isn't anymore. As Manda and I discussed a few days ago HMRC now holds all the cards. They have the power to shut us down and make no mistake they WILL do it unless they either get their money or have some concrete assurance that it's coming.

162 Re: Jonathon Disley - The King of Marbella on Wed Dec 09 2015, 15:51

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Admin is a real possibility, but the only reason I can think of that it hasn't happened ages ago is that the dialogue with potential buyers is ongoing.
Maybe they're clutching at straws but there must be some substance to it.

163 Re: Jonathon Disley - The King of Marbella on Wed Dec 09 2015, 15:54

Boggersbelief

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Admin is a real possibility
I can assure you it will not come to that

164 Re: Jonathon Disley - The King of Marbella on Wed Dec 09 2015, 15:59

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Admin is a real possibility
I can assure you it will not come to that
Excellent news as I appear to have staked my reputation as a top business analyst and strategist on an outcome that is unpredictable in the absence of facts. All I need now is for Bread to agree to cough up £25 when it doesn't happen. Smile

165 Re: Jonathon Disley - The King of Marbella on Wed Dec 09 2015, 16:00

Boggersbelief

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I wonder if bread is looking forward to his bollock sandwich?

166 Re: Jonathon Disley - The King of Marbella on Wed Dec 09 2015, 16:04

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Lusty it was a B-17 Bomber that was found on the moon not a double decker bus mate. I know that because I saw the picture in the paper and the papers are NEVER wrong. Very Happy
You're quite right Peter - the London bus was actually found buried at the South Pole as this photo clearly shows:


[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

167 Re: Jonathon Disley - The King of Marbella on Wed Dec 09 2015, 16:06

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I wonder if bread is looking forward to his bollock sandwich?

I'd forgotten about that. I almost said that's something I'd like to see until I realised it wasn't Smile

168 Re: Jonathon Disley - The King of Marbella on Wed Dec 09 2015, 16:11

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Lusty it was a B-17 Bomber that was found on the moon not a double decker bus mate. I know that because I saw the picture in the paper and the papers are NEVER wrong. Very Happy
You're quite right Peter - the London bus was actually found buried at the South Pole as this photo clearly shows:


[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I was actually on that bus.

If I hadn't got off at the same stop as Elvis,I wouldn't be here today.

169 Re: Jonathon Disley - The King of Marbella on Wed Dec 09 2015, 17:08

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Lusty it was a B-17 Bomber that was found on the moon not a double decker bus mate. I know that because I saw the picture in the paper and the papers are NEVER wrong. Very Happy
You're quite right Peter - the London bus was actually found buried at the South Pole as this photo clearly shows:


[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I was actually on that bus.

If I hadn't got off at the same stop as Elvis,I wouldn't be here today.
Yeah I think that's the circular route so you did well to get off otherwise you might have ended up at the North Pole and there are some right bastards up there including this animal:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

170 Re: Jonathon Disley - The King of Marbella on Wed Dec 09 2015, 17:47

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Bit far fetched that one. Santa is a veggie.

171 Re: Jonathon Disley - The King of Marbella on Wed Dec 09 2015, 17:54

luckyPeterpiper

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
Are you SURE that's santa? i always thought this was Santa.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

172 Re: Jonathon Disley - The King of Marbella on Wed Dec 09 2015, 18:07

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
There is only one Santa. Looks familiar to me.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

173 Re: Jonathon Disley - The King of Marbella on Wed Dec 09 2015, 18:10

Boggersbelief

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:There is only one Santa. Looks familiar to me.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Santa has a beard.

174 Re: Jonathon Disley - The King of Marbella on Wed Dec 09 2015, 18:12

luckyPeterpiper

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

the one and only Santa

175 Re: Jonathon Disley - The King of Marbella on Wed Dec 09 2015, 18:25

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:There is only one Santa. Looks familiar to me.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Santa has a beard.
No. Prince Edward has a beard.

176 Re: Jonathon Disley - The King of Marbella on Wed Dec 09 2015, 18:28

Boggersbelief

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:There is only one Santa. Looks familiar to me.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Santa has a beard.
No. Prince Edward has a beard.

I thought it was his chin, my bad

177 Re: Jonathon Disley - The King of Marbella on Wed Dec 09 2015, 18:29

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Razz

178 Re: Jonathon Disley - The King of Marbella on Sat Jul 21 2018, 23:02

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
Bump - he's back!

This time sniffing around Blackpool!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Following on from my story earlier this week, Owen Oyston has been pictured with Jonathan Disley in the directors' box at Port Vale today (picture courtesy of @CameraSport) (Matt Scranton - the Marc Iles of Blackpool)

Jonathan Disley - the man identified by The Gazette last week as the mystery man in talks over a potential investment in Blackpool Football Club - has been pictured with Owen Oyston at today’s friendly at Port Vale.

The businessman - dubbed the ‘King of Marbella’ - has been in talks with Oyston for several weeks and even joined him for his trip to Latvia, where he held talks with Valeri Belokon. While the nature of the proposed investment remains unclear, it is understood it could involve Oyston taking out a third-party loan which would likely involve huge interest payments.

It has also been rumoured that the deal could involve Disley taking a majority share of Blackpool Football Club Properties (Limited) - the Oyston-owned company formerly known as Segesta that has the controlling stake in the football club.In 2013, Disley was jailed for four-and-a-half years for a £675,000 bank fraud.Preston Crown Court heard a gang, headed by Disley, targeted companies which were in financial difficulty, took them over and stripped them of their assets.However, last year Disley’s conviction was later quashed at the Court of Appeal.

In December 2015, he was pictured with Dean Holdsworth at the time his company Sports Shield Consortium were launching their takeover of Bolton Wanderers.  Any involvement in the club was never confirmed.In an interview with a national newspaper in 2010, Disley said he built his empire by running security on the doors of nightclubs in Manchester.Following the summit in Riga on July 4, representatives for Belokon told The Gazette the meeting with went well and are hopeful the talks will help to bring about a resolution.

It is understood Oyston, who still owes £25m to Belokon following last year’s High Court judgement, travelled to Latvia with his daughter, club chairman Natalie Christopher, as well as Disley.It appears Oyston persuaded Belokon to grant him 14 days - a deadline that expired last Wednesday - to wrap up a deal that could go some way to repaying the debt and further news is expected this week.In the meantime, the auctioning off of Oyston assets to raise funds was put on hold.The Oystons were ordered to buy out Belokon for £31.27m after it was found they had illegitimately stripped the club of cash following promotion to the Premier League in 2010.Justice Marcus Smith found then that the Oystons had unfairly prejudiced the Latvian, who accused them of “improperly” extracting tens of millions of pounds from the club.

The judge found in his favour and the club was put up for sale four days later.

Read more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]


Blackpool Supporters Trust appeal to Owen Oyston to speak out over rumoured Blackpool deal with 'King of Marbella'

The chair of Blackpool FC’s leading fans’ group has called for calm after Owen Oyston’s potential new investor in the club was revealed to be Jonathan Disley, a businessman dubbed the ‘King of Marbella’ because of his lifestyle in Spain.

The Gazette revealed on Wednesday that Disley, a businessman from Herefordshire with offices in Preston, has been in talks with Oyston for several weeks. Disley was jailed for four and a half years in 2013 for a £675,000 bank fraud.

Preston Crown Court heard that a gang headed by Disley targeted companies in financial difficulty and stripped them of their assets

Disley’s conviction was quashed at the Court of Appeal last year.It is understood that Disley joined Blackpool FC owner Oyston and club chairman Natalie Christopher, Oyston’s daughter, at a summit with former BFC director Valeri Belokon in Latvia on July 4.At that meeting, it is believed Belokon granted Oyston a further 14 days to wrap up a deal that could go some way to repaying his £25m debt to the Latvian – a deadline which passed yesterday.

In the meantime, the auctioning off of Oyston assets to raise funds has been put on hold.While details of the proposed investment remain unclear, The Gazette understands it could involve a loan to Oyston likely to entail huge interest payments.It has also been rumoured that the deal could involve Disley taking a majority share of Blackpool Football Club Properties (Limited), the Oyston-owned company that has the controlling stake in the football club.Christine Seddon, chairman of Blackpool Supporters’ Trust, has called on both Oyston and Belokon to speak publicly to clarify the situation.

She told The Gazette: “We are monitoring the situation and have requested accurate information from both Blackpool FC and Mr Belokon.“Until we receive a statement of fact, it is difficult to comment further at this time but we would advise Blackpool supporters and all interested parties to avoid speculation and await information.“We are gravely concerned that yet again Blackpool FC is being linked in the press to inappropriate individuals and our community football club is being held to ransom by its current owner.“We call on Owen Oyston to resolve the situation regarding his debt to Valeri Belokon and arrange to remove himself and all his family from Blackpool FC without further delay. This sorry saga has gone on for far too long.”In an interview with a national newspaper in 2010, Disley said he built his business on nightclub security in Manchester.

Oyston was unavailable for comment, while Belokon’s representatives told The Gazette they would prefer to hear from Oyston before commenting publicly.

Read more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]


179 Re: Jonathon Disley - The King of Marbella on Sat Jul 21 2018, 23:24

Kane57

avatar
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
He's also not averse to trawling forums for libellous comments and contacting the owner to threaten legal action so might be worth doing a bit of trawling yourself

180 Re: Jonathon Disley - The King of Marbella on Sat Jul 21 2018, 23:45

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:He's also not averse to trawling forums for libellous comments and contacting the owner to threaten legal action so might be worth doing a bit of trawling yourself

Thank you for your concern Chris.

The thread is over two and a half years old and you will note that I specifically warned people to make no libellous comments about him or anyone else when I first saw the thread (post 19).

I am not aware that any libellous comments that have been made here on Nuts but would certainly remove any that people may believe have been, if they would kindly bring them to our attention.

This forum as never at anytime in its exitance intended to abuse, libel or in anyway be discourteous to anyone, unlike the vile abuse and libellous remarks that seem to be posted everyday on twitter or the Bolton News comments section.

In fact Bolton Nuts has no reason to comment on Mr Disley's business other than he was once connected to our club (which was never seemingly confirmed or denied by the club itself) and have only copied and posted what is already been put in the public domain by the Blackpool Gazette as an update to his football interests.

I'm sure Mr Disley (or anyone else for that matter) would find nothing untoward in regards to himself on this forum.





Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum