Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Wanderers 'have plans' to avoid administration - Lennon

+6
luckyPeterpiper
NickFazer
karlypants
Bollotom2014
Chairmanda
Norpig
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

just seen this on the BBC football page, what the hell do they mean about selling off bits? Back to having a supermarket in the corner again?

Bolton Wanderers have "a few plans in place" to avoid administration, according to manager Neil Lennon.

The Championship's bottom club are £172.9m in debt and owe about £600,000 in unpaid taxes.

Trevor Birch has recently been appointed as a financial advisor and there are understood to be four parties interested in taking over.

Lennon said the plans could "mean doing things around the stadium and maybe selling bits off".

If Bolton were to enter administration they would automatically suffer a 12-point penalty.

"I think Trevor has a few plans in place to avoid that scenario," 44-year-old Lennon told BBC Radio Manchester.

"He's confident he can avoid that because that would mean we'd be a League One team and we'd just be fulfilling fixtures for the rest of the season."

Of the parties interested in a takeover, former Bolton striker Dean Holdsworth is leading one, while former Trotters midfielder Stelios Giannakopoulos is part of another.

"What we need is someone to come up with the money and help the club out and just get us through a difficult period until January," added Lennon.

"However, what we may have to do in January is sell some assets in terms of the football side as well, that could be a realistic proposition.

"If that means getting the club through stormy waters then that's what we'll have to do.

"It's not ideal for a manager obviously for the position that we're in, but the club's future is the priority rather than the present."

Source

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

good spot piggers. also the "sell some assets in terms of the football side as well" doesnt bode well for Clough, Mavies (i was going to type etc but think those 2 are where the value will be perceived to be)

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

It has come to desperation levels but why is it incumbent on the manager to relay all this information? Surely the directors at least and Birch preferably should be releasing the press statements. There's so much confusion and uncertainty about the whole mess. Come January we'll have to release some "Footballing assets" and that would mean hitting what strengths we have left. So next term might be a rehash of this one and League 1 would still be a threat. I wish, but I'm nowhere near a footballing pundit, they'd give the goal scoring kids a run out and see if we can climb out of the mess we are in, then consider our options.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i presume KP tidied my post up for me? No wonder you are Mod of the Year  Very Happy

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:i presume KP tidied my post up for me? No wonder you are Mod of the Year  Very Happy
I did. Very Happy

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Is it a cunning plan

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You're only one letter out Nick.

boltonbonce wrote:You're only one letter out Nick.

Like the old Harry Secombe story.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:

Go on then...........

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It's time to break out the Normid Shirts ladies and gents. I can already see the sign "Coming to this site soon, your latest Normid Store" hanging over the car park. Sad

God what a mess. And Neil implying we'll have to sell players to raise cash suggests we're already accepting no deal will be done by January and that Clough, Mavies and anyone else worth more than a pack of hobknobs and a brew will be sold off on the cheap because every other club in the league will know we can't afford to negotiate. More dark times to come I fear.

boltonbonce wrote:
Breadman wrote:

Go on then...........

Not sure because I'm recounting this from memory, but I saw him on (I think) Parky when I was a kid and he told a story that's always stuck with me.

He was an unknown young actor trying to make his way on the stage and it was his first part in a proper West End show and he only had one line but it was his chance to get noticed.

(Don't know if it was pre-war before he teamed up with Milligan in the desert and started firing shells at The Bosch.)

Anyway, the star was some extremely famous doyen of the theatre world and the young HS was terrified of him.

All he had to do was wait for his cue and then when the aforementioned star asked a certain question, HS was supposed to stride over forcefully and say: "It is, my lord!"

He practised all week and got himself in a right state because of his nerves and when his big moment came, he hit his cue, marched over and said:

"Is it, my Lord?"

Very Happy

(Probably a lot funnier when he told it.)

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

luckyPeterpiper wrote:It's time to break out the Normid Shirts ladies and gents. I can already see the sign "Coming to this site soon, your latest Normid Store" hanging over the car park. Sad

God what a mess. And Neil implying we'll have to sell players to raise cash suggests we're already accepting no deal will be done by January and that Clough, Mavies and anyone else worth more than a pack of hobknobs and a brew will be sold off on the cheap because every other club in the league will know we can't afford to negotiate. More dark times to come I fear.

My Normid shirt the only one I kept. I tried it on about 6 months ago.  Crying or Very sad

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:
Breadman wrote:

Go on then...........

Not sure because I'm recounting this from memory, but I saw him on (I think) Parky when I was a kid and he told a story that's always stuck with me.

He was an unknown young actor trying to make his way on the stage and it was his first part in a proper West End show and he only had one line but it was his chance to get noticed.

(Don't know if it was pre-war before he teamed up with Milligan in the desert and started firing shells at The Bosch.)

Anyway, the star was some extremely famous doyen of the theatre world and the young HS was terrified of him.

All he had to do was wait for his cue and then when the aforementioned star asked a certain question, HS was supposed to stride over forcefully and say: "It is, my lord!"

He practised all week and got himself in a right state because of his nerves and when his big moment came, he hit his cue, marched over and said:

"Is it, my Lord?"

Very Happy

(Probably a lot funnier when he told it.)
I remember it now. His first stage act was basically him shaving,and when he turned up at The Grand Theatre,Bolton,the manager told him,"You're not shaving on my time,mate".

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:It's time to break out the Normid Shirts ladies and gents. I can already see the sign "Coming to this site soon, your latest Normid Store" hanging over the car park. Sad

My Normid shirt the only one I kept. I tried it on about 6 months ago.  Crying or Very sad
The question is, did it still fit?

Judging by the frowny smiley id say it was snug

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:Judging by the frowny smiley id say it was snug

More like a sports bra.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'd put Amos as the best playing asset.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Mcginlay on look north in a couple of mins.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:
y2johnny wrote:Judging by the frowny smiley id say it was snug

More like a sports bra.
Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum