Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Medo Kamara could leave Wanderers before January

+3
NickFazer
Norpig
karlypants
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Medo Kamara could leave Wanderers before the January window, The Bolton News understands.

The Sierra Leone international, who has not featured at all under Neil Lennon since the manager’s arrival last October, is investigating his options following the club’s failure to pay senior football staff last month.

None of the Whites squad has been given a guarantee that they will receive payment in December – which has led some to investigate where they stand contractually.

Kamara’s deal runs until the end of the season but the midfielder, signed by Dougie Freedman for £750,000 from FK Partizan in 2013, has been looking for a new club for some time but has been unable to agree a settlement with the Whites. He could soon be able to walk away from his contract if the financial problems continue to hit home.

A summer move to Maccabi Haifa – where he spent the latter half of last season on loan – fell through after a change in management.

Bristol City were also considering a move for the 28-year-old at the start of the campaign, but that never materialised.

Kamara has not played for Wanderers since last September when he turned out against Chelsea in the Capital One Cup.

In total Medo has made 57 appearance for the Whites and scored three goals.

Around a dozen players are out of contract in the summer and would be able to speak to other clubs from next month.

They include Neil Danns, Jose Manuel Casado, David Wheater, Liam Feeney, Shola Ameobi and Emile Heskey.

Source

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i'm sure there will be a few on to their agents doing just the same as Medo

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Bye

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

He was/is a passenger having played only a few games so better to let him go. Most of the others have been passengers too so with a bit of luck they'll follow, then NL will have no option than to play the youngsters

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Criminal that Neil Danns gets in before Medo

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

For once I find myself in agreement with boggers. Kamara is a much better player than Neil Danns and his absence from the team has mystified me. I can only guess that there must be something Neil Lennon didn't like in what he saw with Medo because while Danns is decent on his day Kamara is capable of much better quality.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Either way it's good of him to try to get off the payroll. Presume he's doing it for altruistic reasons.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:Either way it's good of him to try to get off the payroll. Presume he's doing it for altruistic reasons.
Possibly and probably for footballing reasons too, after all not much point being at a club where you're never going to get a game and have already been told you can go.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum