Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Was it really worth getting a season ticket?

+4
Moses Gate
Chairmanda
Norpig
doffcocker
8 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I've just seen that the Blackburn game on the 28th, which was supposed to be the best home match of the season, is actually on Sky and is a 12:45 kick off.

So we're not halfway into the season and already we'll have been on Sky twice, and three times they've knocked all the tickets down to £15/£5.

I just wanted to know - even without the £180m debt, the threat of administration, the psychopathic manager, the poor football, the endless 0-0 draws and the fact we're bottom of the league and five points adrift - do any of our season ticket holders regret buying?

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

well when you put it like that Doffy.....

It is unfair on us season ticket holders when they put the prices down, fair enough they want to attract a crowd but we do get penalised for having a season ticket and paying a higher average price.

I view my season ticket as like having a badge of honour, we all deserve a medal really watching what we've seen this season

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

doffcocker wrote:I've just seen that the Blackburn game on the 28th, which was supposed to be the best home match of the season, is actually on Sky and is a 12:45 kick off.

So we're not halfway into the season and already we'll have been on Sky twice, and three times they've knocked all the tickets down to £15/£5.

I just wanted to know - even without the £180m debt, the threat of administration,  the psychopathic manager, the poor football, the endless 0-0 draws and the fact we're bottom of the league and five points adrift - do any of our season ticket holders regret buying?
crikey doff, I thought I was feeling grumpy (too soon to make the "I should stop feeling grumpy, sneezy gets jealous" joke again?)

Moses Gate

David Ngog
David Ngog

doffcocker wrote:I've just seen that the Blackburn game on the 28th, which was supposed to be the best home match of the season, is actually on Sky and is a 12:45 kick off.

I just wanted to know - even without the £180m debt, the threat of administration,  the psychopathic manager, the poor football, the endless 0-0 draws and the fact we're bottom of the league and five points adrift - do any of our season ticket holders regret buying?
I hadn't regretted it until the revelations about Lennon. It might be a bit old school, but I do expect leaders to have a certain decorum. Now I feel slightly tarnished by association.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I pay £28 when I go to a pay-on-the-day home game and there are 23 home matches a season so that would be £644.
I believe a season ticket was under £400 so they'd have to discount nearly every game to wipe out the savings that ST holders make. And in addition, ST holders get other benefits. 

I'm chuffed it's on telly BTW as it costs me around £150 on top of the entry fee to come to the Macron.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You utter gobshite. Of course it isn't worth it. If the season tickets were 50p each it would still be 50p too much.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:

You utter gobshite. Of course it isn't worth it. If the season tickets were 50p each it would still be 50p too much.

It's lovely to see you Whittam, I was getting worried.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:

It's lovely to see you Whittam, I was getting worried.

I'm out of your league. Stick to the till slags at Asda.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd rather wipe my arse with Breadman's boxer shorts than have a season ticket this season.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

No I don't regret getting one but I won't pretend I feel I'm getting value for it this term. Part of that is down to the dire football and part down to not getting to as many games as I'd like due to some other factors in my life. But I've only missed having an ST once since 1977 (my dad bought me one every year till 87 then I bought my own thereafter) and wouldn't feel right without one.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum