Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Armchair Twats Have Killed Us

+13
wanderlust
Bollotom2014
Sluffy
Bwfc1958
luckyPeterpiper
Alf Hooker
Bolton Nuts
okocha
doffcocker
Norpig
Cajunboy
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

1Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Empty Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Sun Jan 03 2016, 18:16

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm losing the passion for football forums. It used to be where Bolton fans came to talk about the match, rate the players and talk tactics for the next match.

Unfortunately Nuts and all the other Bolton forums have become a playground for "supporters" who haven't been to see a game since we were relegated from the Premier League.

And you know what, that's absolutely fine. Who would want to pay good money to watch the shite that has been on offer in recent seasons. Only fools like myself.

But I'm sick and tired of reading shite targeting the club (and its personnel) from people who've been to the dentist more often than the Macron in recent years.

You know the sort (there's plenty on here) and their attitude:

".....fuck you Eddie Davies, you are killing this club"

Davies has put over £100m into the club and some twat who lives locally can't even shell out £30 to attend a game but still thinks he is entitled to have a pop at Davies.

Yes, the club has been mismanaged form top to bottom but there was a time when we were getting over 25,000 for home games. It seems to me that 10,000 of those regulars have given up going to the match in favour of talking shite on forums. It's cheaper, warmer, and obviously makes them feel good.

If these twats had stuck with the club by buying tickets and merchandise things could have been much different. We'd have had more money for better players and more importantly, a better atmosphere that would have been intimidating to the opposition.

So this is a message to the armchair twats who think they have a right to abuse the club. You don't. You are part of the reason we are where we are. If you want to continue to abuse the players and club at least have the fucking courtesy to see the game in person.

2Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Empty Re: Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Sun Jan 03 2016, 18:21

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yeah I would have said something similar to this a while ago but I lost my passion for it. Now I just sit back and flick through the negative bullshit

3Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Empty Re: Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Sun Jan 03 2016, 18:24

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Is all this foul language really necessary?

4Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Empty Re: Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Sun Jan 03 2016, 18:28

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i do have a season ticket and will for many years to come whatever happens but sometimes people just can't go to games because of location, cost, work etc. Yes we do have a lot of fairweather fans but it's hardly their fault we have been so poorly managed off and on the field since Big Sam left

5Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Empty Re: Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Sun Jan 03 2016, 18:32

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:i do have a season ticket and will for many years to come whatever happens but sometimes people just can't go to games because of location, cost, work etc. Yes we do have a lot of fairweather fans but it's hardly their fault we have been so poorly managed off and on the field since Big Sam left

Read the post again.

I have no problem with people doing other things, they are the clever ones.

But they don't have the right to abuse the players or management or owner when they are just as guilty for the clubs position as any of the people they abuse.

Get behind the team by going to home games, or fuck off.

6Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Empty Re: Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Sun Jan 03 2016, 18:32

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:Is all this foul language really necessary?

Definitely.

7Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Empty Re: Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Sun Jan 03 2016, 18:55

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Come off it you stupid bitch.

If what we're told is to be believed we're about £180m in debt.

Even if all the "armchair twats" started turning up week after week paying £30 a time, it ain't gonna make a material difference to that figure for a long long time.

I knew you'd do anything for a nibble, but blaming the fans for the ruin we're in as opposed to the blatantly dodgy operations of Davies and Gartside is a new low for you.

8Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Empty Re: Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Sun Jan 03 2016, 18:57

Those nasty men have ruined my forum and I'm no longer a star of the internet !!!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

9Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Empty Re: Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Sun Jan 03 2016, 19:02

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:
I have no problem with people doing other things, they are the clever ones.

But they don't have the right to abuse the players or management or owner when they are just as guilty for the clubs position as any of the people they abuse.

Get behind the team by going to home games
Yes, a lot of the fiercest criticism is simply based on conjecture by people who seem to enjoy having a moan without any real knowledge of the situation.........especially when it comes to discussing Eddie D's thoughts/motives/intentions. Mind you, it would help if the club and the BN could deign to keep us more informed!

10Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Empty Re: Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Sun Jan 03 2016, 19:02

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:Come off it you stupid bitch.

If what we're told is to be believed we're about £180m in debt.

Even if all the "armchair twats" started turning up week after week paying £30 a time, it ain't gonna make a material difference to that figure for a long long time.

I knew you'd do anything for a nibble, but blaming the fans for the ruin we're in as opposed to the blatantly dodgy operations of Davies and Gartside is a new low for you.

Shut the fuck up you gobshite. Did I touch a nerve? Were you really in Ann Summers yesterday afternoon trying on the latest fashions?

If the "fans" hadn't deserted us in droves after relegation Dougie may have had the cash to buy the players to get us back up to the PL straight away. Hence the £180m debt would be short change to a rich PL club.

11Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Empty Re: Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Sun Jan 03 2016, 19:21

Bolton Nuts

Admin

You are quite right Natasha. Around 10,000 Bolton fans who were regular whilst we were in the prem are no longer attending. I know that happens at lots of clubs but why?

Were those people genuinely supporting Bwfc or just turning up to watch Premier League games because its somehow trendy...?

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

12Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Empty Re: Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Sun Jan 03 2016, 19:24

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
If the "fans" hadn't deserted us in droves after relegation Dougie may have had the cash to buy the players to get us back up to the PL straight away.

The Dougie whose every signing was shite according to you at the time, and didn't deserve another penny to spend on the squad?

And you'll be saying all the same things about Lennon in 12 months or so, despite all your arguing that he's completely incompetent now that he's still at the club.

13Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Empty Re: Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Sun Jan 03 2016, 19:28

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:The Dougie whose every signing was shite according to you at the time, and didn't deserve another penny to spend on the squad?

You may well be right, but who knows, he may have struck lucky. It would have been nice to have that opportunity. Instead, "fans" stopped going so they could post abuse on forums.

doffcocker wrote:And you'll be saying all the same things about Lennon in 12 months or so, despite all your arguing that he's completely incompetent now that he's still at the club.

Maybe, but that is my right as someone who pays to watch the team and buys my knickers from the club shop.

14Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Empty Re: Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Sun Jan 03 2016, 19:30

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:You are quite right Natasha. Around 10,000 Bolton fans who were regular whilst we were in the prem are no longer attending. I know that happens at lots of clubs but why?

Clubs always lose fans when they get relegated, and that's fair enough if people are only happy glory hunting. But what you don't get at other clubs is those "lost fans" turning to the internet to abuse the team and club as though they are major shareholders.

15Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Empty Re: Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Sun Jan 03 2016, 20:49

Alf Hooker

David Lee
David Lee

ok - I'll take a nibble...
So as the renowned business woman/man you claim to be how do advocate that customers - because thats what we were viewed as - should react when the product/brand is worse  than was previously on offer?
Do we: A) say, you know what this is shite but they must need more of my hard earned, so I am gonna spend more with them so they can fuck it more than they have already, and will continue to do so whether i approve or not, or B) use the only sanction I have against them by with-holding my custom in every way possible? - Only you could come up with the bullshit that its the stayaway fans wot done it - I would recommend that you re-read some of the posts made by Natasha Whitham and the shite you talk because you seem to be able to face both ways at the same time, but you have probably forgotten half the crap you post because its quantity not quality with you aint it?

16Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Empty Re: Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Sun Jan 03 2016, 20:49

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:
Yes, a lot of the fiercest criticism is simply based on conjecture by people who seem to enjoy having a moan without any real knowledge of the situation.........especially when it comes to discussing Eddie D's thoughts/motives/intentions.

True, but if you pays your money you are entitled to an opinion. If you have the fish at your local restaurant, you are entitled to say it was rubbish.

But if you'd never been to the restaurant you would be out of order suggesting the fish was rubbish.

Why is football any different?

17Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Empty Re: Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Sun Jan 03 2016, 20:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Alf Hooker wrote:ok - I'll take a nibble...
So as the renowned business woman/man you claim to be how do advocate that customers - because thats what we were viewed as - should react when the product/brand is worse  than was previously on offer?
Do we: A) say, you know what this is shite but they must need more of my hard earned, so I am gonna spend more with them so they can fuck it more than they have already, and will continue to do so whether i approve or not, or B) use the only sanction I have against them by with-holding my custom in every way possible? - Only you could come up with the bullshit that its the stayaway fans wot done it - I would recommend that you re-read some of the posts made by Natasha Whitham and the shite you talk because you seem to be able to face both ways at the same time, but you have probably forgotten half the crap you post because its quantity not quality with you aint it?

As I keep stating, I am entitled to say what I want about the club because I pay to go each week. Yes, some weeks I am very much anti-Bolton.

If you pay for something you are entitled to say whether it was good, bad or indifferent wouldn't you agree?

Yes, the brand is much worse than previously on offer and people are entitled to vote with their feet. But if they haven't been to the Macron for yonks how can they possibly judge what is going on?

If you stopped buying Richmond's sausages three years ago because you didn't like them you'd be out of order to bang on about it three years later if you hadn't tried them in that time.

And I'm sorry, but if you can't grasp that losing over a third of your customers doesn't have a major impact on any business then you need to PM me for tips about business.

18Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Empty Re: Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Sun Jan 03 2016, 20:58

Alf Hooker

David Lee
David Lee

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Alf Hooker wrote:ok - I'll take a nibble...

And I'm sorry, but if you can't grasp that losing over a third of your customers doesn't have a major impact on any business then you need to PM me for tips about business.

And if you can't grasp that if you lose over a third of your customers and do absolutely fuck all about it but make things worse, then you aint gonna get that third back are you?

19Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Empty Re: Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Sun Jan 03 2016, 21:03

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Alf Hooker wrote:

And if you can't grasp that if you lose over a third of your customers and do absolutely fuck all about it but make things worse, then you aint gonna get that third back are you?

You're missing the point.

I have no issue with people ditching Bolton, if I had something better in my life I'd ditch them too, but what I'm saying is that the missing 10,000 fans have no right to abuse certain individuals i.e Eddie Davies for "only putting in £100m" when they can't be arsed shelling out £30 every fortnight themselves.

We are where we are because of these armchair fans.

20Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Empty Re: Armchair Twats Have Killed Us Sun Jan 03 2016, 21:07

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Nat even by your standards this is idiotic. So I go to a restaurant, pay my money and get food poisoning from the fish. Am I then not entitled to warn my family and friends about how dire the food was when I was there? If I see them on Ramsay's Kitchen Hell (ie Football on 5) and see they've poisoned a dozen more diners since and refuse to clean the kitchen I'm going to say "That's a garbage place, it poisoned me and it's doing it to even more people now." By your lights I would have no right to say that because I'm not going there eating any more or giving them any more money. 

Frankly I am astounded at you, given your claim to be an astute business woman how can you be so ignorant of basic commercial realities. When people are turned off a product or service they will continue to berate and deride it for some considerable time after their last purchase if only to justify their decision to themselves. In a case where the product/service/entertainment continues to decline in such a public fashion of course those who no longer use it will continue to denigrate it, perhaps even more so as they say "IT was miles better than that when I went." 

And the drop in fans present after relegation is easy to explain. 1st, we lost some of our own and 2nd, we weren't playing clubs like Man Utd, Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool or Arsenal. Neutrals find Bolton v Huddersfield a lot less attractive than Bolton vs Manchester United. Fact of life. 

Frankly you of all people should know it takes years to gain consumer confidence, seconds to lose it and sometimes you can never repair the damage to your brand and reputation afterwards. Nothing hurts any commercial enterprise worth than negative reviews from former customers, particularly when the entity concerned is being so publicly shown to have failed to address the issues those former customers raise.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum