Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton will not sell stars cheaply, warns Neil Lennon

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Neil Lennon has sent out a warning to the vultures circling the Macron Stadium not to expect to get Wanderers players on the cheap.

Two offers, believed to be for Josh Vela and Mark Davies, have been turned down this week as clubs look to take advantage of the financial crisis at Wanderers.

Cardiff City are hunting academy graduate Vela and are understood to have bid £450,000 while Davies has been subject to a £500,000 bid from Middlesbrough.

Lennon knows he may be forced to sell some of his top talents with the deadline to pay a £2million-plus tax bill looming on January 18. But the Whites boss refuses to be fleeced and insists he will get a fair price if players depart.

“We’ve had offers in but they’ve been rebuffed so far,” he told The Bolton News. “It’s needs must, and we know that’s the reality. A viable way to get money in is by player sales.

“But we don’t want to sell players on the cheap. I know we are in a vulnerable position but it is good we don’t have to sell at any price.

“We just can’t give players away for the sake of the short term.

“The long-term future of the club is paramount and people in the background are doing all they can to provide that.”

A handful of Championship clubs have been linked with Zach Clough but The Bolton News understands he is unlikely to leave for a team in the same division.

“We have not had a bid in for him,” Lennon said. “We know his value. We know what a talent he is and it doesn’t surprise me there is interest in him as there is for one or two others.

“But if we had to make the sale then the club would be trying to get the best possible price.”

Lennon will name a full strength side for tomorrow’s FA Cup clash at Eastleigh and will not be concerned about his players being cup-tied.

He has also sent a message of congratulations to the newly-formed Supporters’ Trust, who got the go-ahead on Wednesday night, adding that he would have no problems working with them in the future.

“It is a great idea,” he said. “They are the most important people at the club. They want to have a say in it because they are not happy how the club has been run.

“I wouldn’t have any concerns (about answering to Trust) it would be just like working for anyone else. They have the best interests of the club at heart.” 

Source

....and half an hour after that article was published another one appeared confirming that Davies is off to Wednesday for £750 K.

(Although you could argue that he's an injury-prone ponce who goes missing in games, so it's not a bad valuation I suppose.)

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Breadman wrote:....and half an hour after that article was published another one appeared confirming that Davies is off to Wednesday for £750 K.

(Although you could argue that he's an injury-prone ponce who goes missing in games, so it's not a bad valuation I suppose.)

I like Lennon- but he's got no say in selling off the players. They will go cheaply- one by one and we'll be left with the cupboard bare.
He's talking through his backside.
And besides we've got no 'stars' left to sell. Just a pile of journeymen.

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

CLOUGH supposedly in talks according to NIXON.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum