Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Liam Trotter pleased to be back involved

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Liam Trotter was pleased to be back involved for Bolton Wanderers against Sheffield Wednesday on Tuesday.

Having recently returned to Macron Stadium following a three-month loan stint with Nottingham Forest, the midfielder was handed his first start of the season for the Whites at Hillsborough.

And although disappointed with the result as Bolton suffered a narrow 3-2 defeat, Trotter hopes to play an important part in the Trotters’ bid to climb the table.

“I am delighted to be back involved tonight,” the 27-year-old told bwfc.co.uk after the match. “I’m glad the manager gave me a chance and hopefully I didn’t let myself down.” 

“I’m a Bolton Wanderers player. This is the club I’m contracted to and this is the club I want to play for. Hopefully I’ll keep my place and be in the team again in the future.

“We’re very disappointed to come away with nothing after putting in such a gutsy and spirited performance. We played some good football at times and our attacking play was good. 

“We created a number of chances but unfortunately we gave away a couple of chances as well and they had the quality to take advantage and finish them. 

“It’s one of those nights but, considering the position we’re in, we have to take the positives. We put in a good performance and if we play like that more often, then we will come away with points.”

Trotter continued: “If you had come to the game and no idea what positions both teams were in, you wouldn’t have said there was a massive difference between the two sides. 

“That is a credit to us but ultimately it means nothing when we come away nothing. We have to focus on replicating these performances and hopefully then the points will start to come.

“We have to show everyone that when we fall behind that we’re still up for it. We are here for the fight and we want to do well for this football club. 

“It’s a difficult time for the club. The lads are very determined. Everyone wants to work hard and do well. We all believe that if we get a run together that we can climb out of this. 

“We have been below-par all season in terms of results but we’re still in it. We’re not adrift at the bottom. It doesn’t look impossible and that is a positive. 

“We know that if we can raise our performances and play to our full potential then we have every chance of getting out of the position we’re in.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum