Bolton Wanderers Fans Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Film and TV review.

Film and TV review.

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 6 of 19]

151 Re: Film and TV review. on Wed Feb 03 2016, 19:02

Think I said it earlier, but MR ROBOT is the one to watch at the moment, or Making a Murderer if you like that kind of thing.

152 Re: Film and TV review. on Wed Feb 03 2016, 19:10

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
bwfc1874 wrote:Think I said it earlier, but MR ROBOT is the one to watch at the moment, or Making a Murderer if you like that kind of thing.

If it's not on Sky I don't watch it.

153 Re: Film and TV review. on Wed Feb 03 2016, 19:13

I finished Making a Murderer a couple of weeks ago but I'm still reading up trying to work out if he did it or not, I think you'll love it Nat. Plus the defendant looks like Cedric:

154 Re: Film and TV review. on Thu Feb 04 2016, 16:50

Bwfc1958

Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!
Thinking of giving American Horror Story and Fear the walking dead a go. 

Has anyone seen them, and if so, are they any good?

155 Re: Film and TV review. on Thu Feb 04 2016, 22:11

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Just watching Car Crash Britain: Caught on Camera.

There really are some tits on the road these days! Shocked

156 Re: Film and TV review. on Fri Feb 05 2016, 08:49

Norpig

Jussi Jääskeläinen
Jussi Jääskeläinen
Bwfc1958 wrote:Thinking of giving American Horror Story and Fear the walking dead a go. 

American Horror Story is good, each series has roughly the same actors in it but in a different setting, all 5 series have been good.

Fear the walking dead was a big let down for me, i love the waling dead but this was just too slow to get going, it did get a bit better but not a patch on the main show.

If you fancy a show to get your teeth into, have you seen Sons of Anarchy? Absolutely loved this show and have all the box sets

157 Re: Film and TV review. on Fri Feb 05 2016, 09:49

Bwfc1958

Norpig wrote:
Bwfc1958 wrote:Thinking of giving American Horror Story and Fear the walking dead a go. 

American Horror Story is good, each series has roughly the same actors in it but in a different setting, all 5 series have been good.

Fear the walking dead was a big let down for me, i love the waling dead but this was just too slow to get going, it did get a bit better but not a patch on the main show.

If you fancy a show to get your teeth into, have you seen Sons of Anarchy? Absolutely loved this show and have all the box sets
Watched the first episode of American Horror Story last night and it was good so I'll stick with that one. I'll put sons of Anarchy on my ever growing list of things to watch as I've heard quite a few people saying it's worth watching. I'll give fear the walking dead a miss for now then seeing as I've got plenty of other good stuff to go at. I'll be giving Tyrant a watch either today or tomorrow on yours and LT's recommendation as well.  :like:

158 Re: Film and TV review. on Fri Feb 05 2016, 16:36

Leeds_Trotter

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Bwfc1958 wrote:
Norpig wrote:

Watched the first episode of American Horror Story last night and it was good so I'll stick with that one. I'll put sons of Anarchy on my ever growing list of things to watch as I've heard quite a few people saying it's worth watching. I'll give fear the walking dead a miss for now then seeing as I've got plenty of other good stuff to go at. I'll be giving Tyrant a watch either today or tomorrow on yours and LT's recommendation as well.  :like:
Be sure to let us know what you think pal. Also Orphan Black is a decent series give that a whirl.

159 Re: Film and TV review. on Fri Feb 05 2016, 20:15

Bwfc1958

Leeds_Trotter wrote:
Bwfc1958 wrote:
Norpig wrote:

Be sure to let us know what you think pal. Also Orphan Black is a decent series give that a whirl.
I tried Orphan Black a while ago. It did my nut in a bit. With the same bird playing about 400 characters I couldn't keep up. I never made it all the way through in the end.

160 Re: Film and TV review. on Sat Feb 06 2016, 20:18

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Last Thurs night around 1am I caught the back end of a documentary (seemed to be a few episodes to it) about the famous night time meat market in London on BBC4.

It seemed rather interesting although I can't think for the life of me what it was called.

161 Re: Film and TV review. on Sat Feb 06 2016, 20:25

Mr Magoo

Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
Smithfield Market

162 Re: Film and TV review. on Sat Feb 06 2016, 20:36

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Mr Magoo wrote:Smithfield Market
That's it! Cheers mate. Smile

Quite enjoyed it and will have to get the series to watch, was quite interesting.

163 Re: Film and TV review. on Sat Feb 06 2016, 20:52

Mr Magoo

Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
They did the billingsgate fish market one as well  watch out for the bastard of billingsgate.

164 Re: Film and TV review. on Sun Feb 07 2016, 00:04

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Thanks again mate, will check that one out as well. Smile

165 Re: Film and TV review. on Sun Feb 07 2016, 00:47

BoltonTillIDie

Jussi Jääskeläinen
Jussi Jääskeläinen
2 great series return in the next couple of weeks.  Hapoy Valley this coming week. And the Walking Dead continues

166 Re: Film and TV review. on Wed Feb 10 2016, 21:17

Reebok Trotter

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
9pm BBC 2 now. Very emotive subject.

167 Re: Film and TV review. on Wed Feb 10 2016, 21:18

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Can't watch it. Some things should be private.

168 Re: Film and TV review. on Wed Feb 10 2016, 21:21

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
What is it? I'm taping Blue Bloods and Backstrom so can't change channels.

169 Re: Film and TV review. on Sat Feb 20 2016, 22:16

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Just watching A&E: when patients attack and have to say that the way these fuckers treat the NHS is absolutely disgusting!

170 Re: Film and TV review. on Mon Feb 22 2016, 10:40

Reebok Trotter

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I watched the first episode of The Night Manager on BBC1 last night. Brilliant John Le Carre adaptation.

171 Re: Film and TV review. on Fri Feb 26 2016, 21:16

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Any of you lot seen 'Harold And Maude'?

I first saw it way back in the 70's and it's one of my all time favourite films.

172 Re: Film and TV review. on Fri Feb 26 2016, 23:35

xmiles

Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
The Angel's Share.

You might need subtitles but a great film.

173 Re: Film and TV review. on Sun Mar 06 2016, 09:45

xmiles

Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
I see Stewart Lee is Back on the BBC. I can't stand his alleged comedy and the audiences that only seem to laugh because they think they are so clever to "get it". Yes I know it's an act but it's not funny!

174 Re: Film and TV review. on Sun Mar 06 2016, 10:00

Chairmanda

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
xmiles wrote:The Angel's Share.

You might need subtitles but a great film.
that bit when they drank out of the vomit glass still turns my stomach thinking of it

175 Re: Film and TV review. on Sun Mar 13 2016, 22:16

xmiles

Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Anyone see Dangerman The Incredible Mr Goodwin? Some pretty impressive stunts.

176 Re: Film and TV review. on Sun Mar 13 2016, 23:26

doffcocker

Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
I've been collecting mainly HBO stuff lately as you can't really go wrong with HBO can you.

Carnivale, Rome, In Treatment, Treme a few examples of the ones I've been watching lately, all excellent.

Treme is by the same lot that made The Wire, and is about the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. Worth mentioning as I know we have a lot of The Wire fans.

177 Re: Film and TV review. on Mon Mar 14 2016, 08:30

Norpig

Jussi Jääskeläinen
Jussi Jääskeläinen
Treme was good and the music in the show was even better  Very Happy

Anyone watching Vinyl? Really starting to get going now and anyone interested in music will love it

Last edited by Norpig on Mon Mar 14 2016, 08:47; edited 1 time in total

178 Re: Film and TV review. on Mon Mar 14 2016, 08:31

xmiles

Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
I'm a big fan of The Wire but I couldn't get in to Treme at all and gave up on it after a few episodes. Neither the characters nor the plot worked for me. All a matter of personal taste I guess.

I'm enjoying The People v O.J. Simpson at the moment. Surprised at how entertaining this is despite knowing the outcome.

179 Re: Film and TV review. on Mon Mar 14 2016, 10:02

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
xmiles wrote:
I'm enjoying The People v O.J. Simpson at the moment. Surprised at how entertaining this is despite knowing the outcome.

Agree with this. David Schwimmer is outstanding.

Treme was the most boring show in the history of boring shows. No wonder Doffcocker is into it.

180 Re: Film and TV review. on Mon Mar 14 2016, 16:40

finlaymcdanger

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Natasha Whittam wrote:Agree with this. David Schwimmer is outstanding.

Now there is something I never thought I would read.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum