Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Woolery: Wanderers can wing it with kids

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Kaiyne Woolery has assured Neil Lennon: You can trust in the kids.

With Zach Clough on the comeback trail, Josh Vela and Rob Holding now established first teamers and Woolery announcing himself on the big stage with a winner against Rotherham last weekend, Wanderers will have a youthful look heading to Brighton on Saturday.

The Whites are in their most productive form of the season, taking seven points from the last nine available, and are aiming to stretch their unbeaten run to four league games for only the second time since Christmas 2014.

And though Lennon’s options have also been boosted by the return to full fitness of Neil Danns and Gary Madine for the weekend, Woolery believes the youngsters will have a big role to play in the survival effort.

“I’m happy the manager had faith in me, putting another young lad in the team but I’d like to think I repaid some of it,” he told The Bolton News.

“There are quite a few youngsters in the squad and it’s been good to hang around with them, it makes it more comfortable, but everyone has been really welcoming.

“We have to grow up quickly, it’s a big stepping stone for everyone. We have to learn what we can from every game.

“Everyone has to keep believing we can out of this.”

Wanderers have not won at the Amex Stadium in three attempts but with the gap to safety extended to four points in midweek by MK Dons' surprising draw against Middlesbrough, a positive result of some fashion is a must.

“We’ve had points out of the last three league games so there is a good belief throughout the team at the moment, we think we can get out of it, in fact we know we can,” Woolery said.

“We are fighting for this. There is no point thinking this is going to be given to us for free. We might have to work twice as hard as any other team.

“Brighton is tough but we believe we can get at least a point from any game we go into right now. We see every game exactly the same.”

Brighton have a lengthy list of injuries but could choose to bring on-loan midfielder Stoke City Steve Sidwell in for his first start at the expense of Bolton-born Dale Stephens.

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum