Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Derik Osede - We will carry on fighting

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Speaking to bwfc.co.uk following the final whistle against Burnley on Saturday, Derik Osede admitted that the overall feeling amongst the squad was one of frustration having seen a dominant performance ultimately prove fruitless against the Clarets.

With Wanderers in full control of the clash, the deadlock was broken by the home side halfway through the second period when Liam Feeney slotted home, only for a late Andre Gray brace to deny Bolton and condemn them to the most unfortunate of defeats.

And reflecting upon the game, the Spaniard could not hide his disappointment at leaving the match empty handed.

“We are frustrated because we have been playing really well, but especially in this game,” he said. “We have lost three points which is a bit difficult for us but we have 12 finals to go and we are going to fight.

"People did not expect us to play as well as we did against Burnley because they are so high in the table but I think we made a good game. 

“We needed to stay more focused in the last 20 minutes because we switched off which was the problem.

“It’s frustrating because we played well and were in control of the game, but this is football – they were lucky and we were unlucky. We will fight though.”

Taking his place in the heart of defence for what was a hotly contested local derby, Derik revealed that he relishes the opportunity to pit his wits in emotional encounters such as Saturday’s meeting.

“I really like the derbies because they are tough games and have a lot of passion.

“It is a pleasure to play in these types of games, but any game is good and we are concentrating on giving everything.

“Macron Stadium was really good today – they were encouraged by our play and we need that in every game.”

Although employed in his natural centre-half berth alongside Rob Holding against the Clarets, the defender has also figured across the backline in recent weeks – something that the former Real Madrid man is happy to do for the team.

“I always like to play centre-back, but I don’t mind,” he said. “The most important thing is to be available for the gaffer. 

“I did play left-back against Brighton and right-back last week, but I do not mind. To be available is the most important thing.”

He added: “I enjoy working along Rob. He is very young like me, but I think he has been playing well and has a very bright future ahead of him. He deserves his place in the team.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum