Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Phil Brown favourite for Bolton Wanderers job after Neil Lennon exits

+5
Boggersbelief
rammywhite
Hipster_Nebula
wanderlust
karlypants
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Phil Brown may have to force the issue at Southend United if he is to be the new manager of Bolton Wanderers.

After the departure of Neil Lennon yesterday the 56-year-old has become the red-hot favourite to take the hot-seat at the Macron Stadium.

Brown is a close associate of Wanderers’ new owner Dean Holdsworth and has been linked with the post at his former club continuously since the Sports Shield consortium first came on to the scene.

Wanderers are on the hunt for a new manager with League One football all-but guaranteed next season. Brown’s Southend are on the fringes of the play-offs but the ambitious Essex club are reluctant to enter into a discussion about losing the manager that guided them out of League Two last season.

Brown has a buy-out clause in the three-year deal he signed last summer but The Bolton News understands it requires the blessing of the League One club’s board in order to be invoked.

That permission is very unlikely with Southend chairman Ron Martin warning last month he would rebuff Wanderers’ advances.

“There has been no approach from Bolton for Phil and even if there was I wouldn’t allow him to talk to them,” said Martin.

Brown said yesterday he was “flattered” by interest from Wanderers but would be trying to keep his focus on the job he has held for the last three years.

“I’m happy as manager of Southend United but I am ambitious and I want to get back to the highest possible level,” he told The Southend Echo.

“I want to have another crack at the Premier League but I have a big job on my hands with Southend and that’s all I’m focusing on at the moment.”

Brown needs no introduction to Wanderers fans having served the club as coach and player for 15 years.

As a right-back he made 330 appearances for the Whites between 1988 and 1994, scoring 17 goals, lifting the Sherpa Van Trophy as captain in 1989.

As a coach he returned to the club in 1996 under Colin Todd, assuming caretaker duties in 1999 and winning four out of five games before Sam Allardyce was appointed.

He stayed on in Big Sam’s staff for six years before leaving for Derby County in 2005 – where his assistant was Holdsworth – and has since managed Hull City, Preston and Southend.

The appointment of Jimmy Phillips as interim manager buys Wanderers some time before making a decision and it is likely the academy boss will remain in charge for the last nine games of the season.

While Brown is the clear favourite to take the post – bookmakers have also installed ex-Whites stars Alan Stubbs and Kevin Nolan among the early pacesetters in the betting market.

Source

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This is nonsense from the BN. 

They write the stories that fans speculate about as if there was any substance. It's probably this story that the bookies have taken their lead from knowing it's bollocks so daft punters will pile on the favourite with no chance of winning.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He knows the club, perfect replacement.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster_Nebula wrote:He knows the club, perfect replacement.

He knew the club years ago. Everything has changed apart from the postcode since he left. I doubt he knows anything about it now- apart from Doris the tea lady

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:

He knew the club years ago. Everything has changed apart from the postcode since he left. I doubt he knows anything about it now- apart from Doris the tea lady

Hipster was clearly doing a funny. Just smile politely

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Boggersbelief wrote:
rammywhite wrote:

Hipster was clearly doing a funny. Just smile politely
I never know when he's being real or being sarcastic. He needs to up the sarcasm to a higher level to save old fools like me not recognising his form of wit

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster has one setting: abuse the club and its fans.

He should be banned.

We need a sarcasm scale to avoid people misreading comments.

We should all end our comments with a throwaway line.

"Yeah, we've had an ok season" (mildly sarcastic) could be 1 on a scale of 1 to 10.

"That Natasha Whittam's gorgeous and I love her" (obvious lie and would never be uttered by anyone with a fully functioning brain) being a 10.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Rammy just take it as read that anything Hipster says is dripping in sarcasm, it saves time all round  Very Happy

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Hipster has one setting: abuse the club and its fans.

He should be banned.

haha the irony.

Lard Lad

Lard Lad
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Another mistake.

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Breadman wrote:We need a sarcasm scale to avoid people misreading comments.

We should all end our comments with a throwaway line.

"Yeah, we've had an ok season" (mildly sarcastic) could be 1 on a scale of 1 to 10.

"That Natasha Whittam's gorgeous and I love her" (obvious lie and would never be uttered by anyone with a fully functioning brain) being a 10.

Stop teasing Tash. You know she loves you. Oh! Look at that woodpecker.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:"That Natasha Whittam's gorgeous and I love her" (obvious lie and would never be uttered by anyone with a fully functioning brain) being a 10.

You mock, but who is the only one on here to receive a legitimate marriage proposal?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Breadman wrote:"That Natasha Whittam's gorgeous and I love her" (obvious lie and would never be uttered by anyone with a fully functioning brain) being a 10.

You mock, but who is the only one on here to receive a legitimate marriage proposal over a football forum?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum