Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

No future plans are in place yet

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1No future plans are in place yet Empty No future plans are in place yet Sat Apr 09 2016, 11:08

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers could be a League One club by 5pm this evening but interim boss Jimmy Phillips says no discussions have yet taken place about planning for life in the third tier.

Anything other than victory at Derby this afternoon will send the Whites to the third level for the first time in 23 years.

But while relegation is a near certainty, Phillips says the new owners and board have decisions to make before they can plan for next season.

And while he is in constant dialogue with new chief executive Dean Holdsworth, Phillips does not envisage any talks about the next campaign until the final fortnight of the current season.

He told The Bolton News: “There have been no conversations as yet about next season.

“Obviously the club has got a number of players contracted for next season and some for another two.

“So they have a high quantity of playing staff for next season.

“I think there are a lot of questions that need to be answered from the new board as regard which direction they see the club going in.

“Do they think we need an athletic team in League One or will they go for a team more based on skill?

“We need to analyse what type of teams have been successful in League One and then build a team from there.

“That’s a situation that needs to be resolved coming towards the end of the season.

“I know it is only a month or so away but I don’t see us talking about things until the last couple of weeks of the season.

“The board will then give a clear direction of which way they want to go.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum