Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do you love vinyl?

+11
Banks of the Croal
Hip Priest
rogercpc
Lard Lad
karlypants
Soul Kitchen
Reebok Trotter
boltonbonce
luckyPeterpiper
scottjames30
Norpig
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

31Do you love vinyl? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do you love vinyl? Fri Apr 22 2016, 12:34

Lard Lad

Lard Lad
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Well tbh I'm quite shocked at that guy because if you have an original copy of a certain 60's double album worth maybe two grand are you going to do that to it? Not in a million years.

32Do you love vinyl? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do you love vinyl? Fri Apr 22 2016, 12:37

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

33Do you love vinyl? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do you love vinyl? Fri Apr 22 2016, 12:48

Lard Lad

Lard Lad
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Got to treat vynal like they are your babies.

34Do you love vinyl? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do you love vinyl? Fri Apr 22 2016, 19:55

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Lard Lad wrote:
y2johnny wrote:
This is an atrocity it's beyond belief .

These folk are experts and it proves one thing AD, you know fuck all about nowt!! Laughing

35Do you love vinyl? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do you love vinyl? Sat Apr 23 2016, 08:12

Lard Lad

Lard Lad
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Really SK ? I know that this guy is no expert he is in fact a lollygagging idiot. A few points to bring to your notice about this clown, he washes the record in tap water with all its chemicals,he strokes the record with his wedding ring on, he drops the record into a plate rack risking damage. He is a buffoon of the highest order. I have a record cleaning machine I use the correct cleaning fluid no alcohol you can use distilled water with it a tiny amount though and you don't need to clean records for years. I still collect vynal even though my preferred method is CD. 1 I just can't be bothered with the hassle of it and 2 my CD player is the best I have heard. There is also a so called expert telling people to wash their vynal with hand soap and rub it in then dry with a soft towel jocolor

36Do you love vinyl? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do you love vinyl? Sat Apr 23 2016, 08:20

rogercpc

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

I recently bought a new deck which included a USB port, so I have now recorded all my vinyl onto my PC. I used a similar method to remove the aggregated dust from the grooves, and left the discs to dry on my draining rack on the sink!  Worked really well!

37Do you love vinyl? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do you love vinyl? Sat Apr 23 2016, 09:04

Lard Lad

Lard Lad
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

The point being missed here is that the vynal is being damaged and will eventually be completely ruined.

38Do you love vinyl? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do you love vinyl? Wed Apr 27 2016, 02:50

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Loved vinyl back in the day, late sixties early seventies. Loads of great 6th form memories. (Not just about the vinyl either, but that's another story). Love old gatefold record sleeves and there's lots of nostalgia and all that but I reluctantly moved to CD sometime in the early 90's and there's no way I'd go back now.

39Do you love vinyl? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do you love vinyl? Wed Apr 27 2016, 13:31

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Does anyone remember those old vinyl singles with the plastic insert in the middle? They were popular chart hits,but were sung by different people or groups,who tried to sound similar.
They were much cheaper than the genuine singles,and I remember buying quite a few of them at The Co-op.

40Do you love vinyl? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do you love vinyl? Thu Apr 28 2016, 16:15

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Are you getting them mixed up Bonce with the singles they sold that were ex jukebox? My dad had some expensive record playing kit and he used to see his arse if I played any of that second hand stuff on it.

41Do you love vinyl? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do you love vinyl? Thu Apr 28 2016, 16:17

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hip Priest wrote:Loved vinyl back in the day, late sixties early seventies. Loads of great 6th form memories. (Not just about the vinyl either, but that's another story). Love old gatefold record sleeves and there's lots of nostalgia and all that but I reluctantly moved to CD sometime in the early 90's and there's no way I'd go back now.

Sainsburys are now selling the stuff and as it happens I've got most of the selection from first time round!

42Do you love vinyl? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do you love vinyl? Thu Apr 28 2016, 16:25

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Lard Lad wrote:Really SK ? I know that this guy is no expert he is in fact a lollygagging idiot. A few points to bring to your notice about this clown, he washes the record in tap water with all its chemicals,he strokes the record with his wedding ring on, he drops the record into a plate rack risking damage. He is a buffoon of the highest order. I have a record cleaning machine I use the correct cleaning fluid no alcohol you can use distilled water with it a tiny amount though and you don't need to clean records for years. I still collect vynal even though my preferred method is CD. 1 I just can't be bothered with the hassle of it and 2 my CD player is the best I have heard. There is also a so called expert telling people to wash their vynal with hand soap and rub it in then dry with a soft towel jocolor

I think we are talking about different things? I'm talking vinyl and you are talking vynal. What is vynal? Is this a music source for dyslexic's?

43Do you love vinyl? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do you love vinyl? Thu Apr 28 2016, 16:37

Dyslexic's what?

44Do you love vinyl? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do you love vinyl? Thu Apr 28 2016, 17:12

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

CD's and Cassettes for me Very Happy

45Do you love vinyl? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do you love vinyl? Fri Apr 29 2016, 07:26

Lard Lad

Lard Lad
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Soul Kitchen wrote:
Lard Lad wrote:Really SK ? I know that this guy is no expert he is in fact a lollygagging idiot. A few points to bring to your notice about this clown, he washes the record in tap water with all its chemicals,he strokes the record with his wedding ring on, he drops the record into a plate rack risking damage. He is a buffoon of the highest order. I have a record cleaning machine I use the correct cleaning fluid no alcohol you can use distilled water with it a tiny amount though and you don't need to clean records for years. I still collect vynal even though my preferred method is CD. 1 I just can't be bothered with the hassle of it and 2 my CD player is the best I have heard. There is also a so called expert telling people to wash their vynal with hand soap and rub it in then dry with a soft towel jocolor

I think we are talking about different things? I'm talking vinyl and you are talking vynal. What is vynal? Is this a music source for dyslexic's?
Ok well spotted,I am dyslexic and as you keep saying I do have AD anxiety disorder it's not a problem for me as much as it is for you.

46Do you love vinyl? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do you love vinyl? Fri Apr 29 2016, 07:50

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It's not a problem for me AD.

47Do you love vinyl? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do you love vinyl? Fri Apr 29 2016, 08:37

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:Are you getting them mixed up Bonce with the singles they sold that were ex jukebox? My dad had some expensive record playing kit and he used to see his arse if I played any of that second hand stuff on it.
Might be mate,but I'm sure they weren't the original artists. I'll do a bit of research on it. My mind might be playing tricks.
Again.
I do remember that the centre of the disc had a removable spindle adaptor,like the one illustrated.

Do you love vinyl? - Page 3 41SViWCtUVL._SY355_

48Do you love vinyl? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do you love vinyl? Fri Apr 29 2016, 08:53

I only had one 7" with a removable middle like that:

Life's a Long Song by Jethro Tull.

Purchased second hand from a school fete at Church Rd for about 10p.

Funny how you remember rubbish like that all these years later, isn't it?

49Do you love vinyl? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do you love vinyl? Fri Apr 29 2016, 09:02

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That's true. I can remember bugger all about yesterday though. Yet I have a vivid memory of Mum taking me to the new Kenton's supermarket on Bolton Road in Walkden. I was 7 at the time.

50Do you love vinyl? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do you love vinyl? Fri Apr 29 2016, 09:41

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Used to buy those Singles with no middle in from a Market near the Tower in Blackpool, they were Ex Jukebox and  by the original artists.
Back in the 70's they cost 25p each or 5 for a £1, still got a couple of hundred of them but don't play them nowadays.

Sometimes put my Vinyl LP's on for a change.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum