Bolton Wanderers Fans Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Do you love vinyl?

Do you love vinyl?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

31 Re: Do you love vinyl? on Fri Apr 22 2016, 12:34

Lard Lad

avatar
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
Well tbh I'm quite shocked at that guy because if you have an original copy of a certain 60's double album worth maybe two grand are you going to do that to it? Not in a million years.

32 Re: Do you love vinyl? on Fri Apr 22 2016, 12:37

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
http://www.gcaudio.com/resources/howtos/recordcleaning.html

33 Re: Do you love vinyl? on Fri Apr 22 2016, 12:48

Lard Lad

avatar
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
boltonbonce wrote:http://www.gcaudio.com/resources/howtos/recordcleaning.html
Got to treat vynal like they are your babies.

34 Re: Do you love vinyl? on Fri Apr 22 2016, 19:55

Soul Kitchen

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Lard Lad wrote:
y2johnny wrote:
This is an atrocity it's beyond belief .


These folk are experts and it proves one thing AD, you know fuck all about nowt!! Laughing

35 Re: Do you love vinyl? on Sat Apr 23 2016, 08:12

Lard Lad

avatar
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
Really SK ? I know that this guy is no expert he is in fact a lollygagging idiot. A few points to bring to your notice about this clown, he washes the record in tap water with all its chemicals,he strokes the record with his wedding ring on, he drops the record into a plate rack risking damage. He is a buffoon of the highest order. I have a record cleaning machine I use the correct cleaning fluid no alcohol you can use distilled water with it a tiny amount though and you don't need to clean records for years. I still collect vynal even though my preferred method is CD. 1 I just can't be bothered with the hassle of it and 2 my CD player is the best I have heard. There is also a so called expert telling people to wash their vynal with hand soap and rub it in then dry with a soft towel jocolor

36 Re: Do you love vinyl? on Sat Apr 23 2016, 08:20

rogercpc


Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel
I recently bought a new deck which included a USB port, so I have now recorded all my vinyl onto my PC. I used a similar method to remove the aggregated dust from the grooves, and left the discs to dry on my draining rack on the sink!  Worked really well!

37 Re: Do you love vinyl? on Sat Apr 23 2016, 09:04

Lard Lad

avatar
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
The point being missed here is that the vynal is being damaged and will eventually be completely ruined.

38 Re: Do you love vinyl? on Wed Apr 27 2016, 02:50

Hip Priest

avatar
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Loved vinyl back in the day, late sixties early seventies. Loads of great 6th form memories. (Not just about the vinyl either, but that's another story). Love old gatefold record sleeves and there's lots of nostalgia and all that but I reluctantly moved to CD sometime in the early 90's and there's no way I'd go back now.

39 Re: Do you love vinyl? on Wed Apr 27 2016, 13:31

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Does anyone remember those old vinyl singles with the plastic insert in the middle? They were popular chart hits,but were sung by different people or groups,who tried to sound similar.
They were much cheaper than the genuine singles,and I remember buying quite a few of them at The Co-op.

40 Re: Do you love vinyl? on Thu Apr 28 2016, 16:15

Soul Kitchen

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Are you getting them mixed up Bonce with the singles they sold that were ex jukebox? My dad had some expensive record playing kit and he used to see his arse if I played any of that second hand stuff on it.

41 Re: Do you love vinyl? on Thu Apr 28 2016, 16:17

Soul Kitchen

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Hip Priest wrote:Loved vinyl back in the day, late sixties early seventies. Loads of great 6th form memories. (Not just about the vinyl either, but that's another story). Love old gatefold record sleeves and there's lots of nostalgia and all that but I reluctantly moved to CD sometime in the early 90's and there's no way I'd go back now.

Sainsburys are now selling the stuff and as it happens I've got most of the selection from first time round!

42 Re: Do you love vinyl? on Thu Apr 28 2016, 16:25

Soul Kitchen

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Lard Lad wrote:Really SK ? I know that this guy is no expert he is in fact a lollygagging idiot. A few points to bring to your notice about this clown, he washes the record in tap water with all its chemicals,he strokes the record with his wedding ring on, he drops the record into a plate rack risking damage. He is a buffoon of the highest order. I have a record cleaning machine I use the correct cleaning fluid no alcohol you can use distilled water with it a tiny amount though and you don't need to clean records for years. I still collect vynal even though my preferred method is CD. 1 I just can't be bothered with the hassle of it and 2 my CD player is the best I have heard. There is also a so called expert telling people to wash their vynal with hand soap and rub it in then dry with a soft towel jocolor

I think we are talking about different things? I'm talking vinyl and you are talking vynal. What is vynal? Is this a music source for dyslexic's?

43 Re: Do you love vinyl? on Thu Apr 28 2016, 16:37

Guest


Guest
Dyslexic's what?

44 Re: Do you love vinyl? on Thu Apr 28 2016, 17:12

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
CD's and Cassettes for me Very Happy

45 Re: Do you love vinyl? on Fri Apr 29 2016, 07:26

Lard Lad

avatar
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
Soul Kitchen wrote:
Lard Lad wrote:Really SK ? I know that this guy is no expert he is in fact a lollygagging idiot. A few points to bring to your notice about this clown, he washes the record in tap water with all its chemicals,he strokes the record with his wedding ring on, he drops the record into a plate rack risking damage. He is a buffoon of the highest order. I have a record cleaning machine I use the correct cleaning fluid no alcohol you can use distilled water with it a tiny amount though and you don't need to clean records for years. I still collect vynal even though my preferred method is CD. 1 I just can't be bothered with the hassle of it and 2 my CD player is the best I have heard. There is also a so called expert telling people to wash their vynal with hand soap and rub it in then dry with a soft towel jocolor

I think we are talking about different things? I'm talking vinyl and you are talking vynal. What is vynal? Is this a music source for dyslexic's?
Ok well spotted,I am dyslexic and as you keep saying I do have AD anxiety disorder it's not a problem for me as much as it is for you.

46 Re: Do you love vinyl? on Fri Apr 29 2016, 07:50

Soul Kitchen

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
It's not a problem for me AD.

47 Re: Do you love vinyl? on Fri Apr 29 2016, 08:37

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Soul Kitchen wrote:Are you getting them mixed up Bonce with the singles they sold that were ex jukebox? My dad had some expensive record playing kit and he used to see his arse if I played any of that second hand stuff on it.
Might be mate,but I'm sure they weren't the original artists. I'll do a bit of research on it. My mind might be playing tricks.
Again.
I do remember that the centre of the disc had a removable spindle adaptor,like the one illustrated.

48 Re: Do you love vinyl? on Fri Apr 29 2016, 08:53

Guest


Guest
I only had one 7" with a removable middle like that:

Life's a Long Song by Jethro Tull.

Purchased second hand from a school fete at Church Rd for about 10p.

Funny how you remember rubbish like that all these years later, isn't it?

49 Re: Do you love vinyl? on Fri Apr 29 2016, 09:02

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
That's true. I can remember bugger all about yesterday though. Yet I have a vivid memory of Mum taking me to the new Kenton's supermarket on Bolton Road in Walkden. I was 7 at the time.

50 Re: Do you love vinyl? on Fri Apr 29 2016, 09:41

Banks of the Croal

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
Used to buy those Singles with no middle in from a Market near the Tower in Blackpool, they were Ex Jukebox and  by the original artists.
Back in the 70's they cost 25p each or 5 for a £1, still got a couple of hundred of them but don't play them nowadays.

Sometimes put my Vinyl LP's on for a change.

51 Re: Do you love vinyl? on Fri Apr 29 2016, 09:56

Norpig

avatar
Jussi Jääskeläinen
Jussi Jääskeläinen
i am going to sell most of my 12 inch singles i think as i never play them now and they are just in a box in my shed. I have most of the 12 inch singles from the Madchester era but i have all the songs on CD or download now so may as well make a few quid out of them

52 Re: Do you love vinyl? on Fri Apr 29 2016, 10:02

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Storage is a big problem for me. Books,CD's are all over the place. Most of my music is downloaded now,but I can't bring myself to get rid of anything.
I've got boxes full of old Wanderers programmes,and I'll probably be stuck with them until they cart me off in a box.

53 Re: Do you love vinyl? on Fri Apr 29 2016, 10:08

Reebok Trotter

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
boltonbonce wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:Are you getting them mixed up Bonce with the singles they sold that were ex jukebox? My dad had some expensive record playing kit and he used to see his arse if I played any of that second hand stuff on it.
Might be mate,but I'm sure they weren't the original artists. I'll do a bit of research on it. My mind might be playing tricks.
Again.
I do remember that the centre of the disc had a removable spindle adaptor,like the one illustrated.

 I still have a few seven singles with these plastic inserts.

54 Re: Do you love vinyl? on Sun Jan 08 2017, 20:24

y2johnny

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Well i have finally set it up.  Been bugging the missus since 6am xmas morning and she has finally caved Smile



Proper nifty thing.  Doesnt take up a lot of space. Plays cds, vinyl, radio, cassettes and has usb and sd card slots. Gonna create a vinyl wish list now

http://Www.thefacefittester.co.uk

55 Re: Do you love vinyl? on Sun Jan 08 2017, 20:31

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Nice that you've turned all your photographs to face the wall to accommodate your mid-life crisis.

56 Re: Do you love vinyl? on Sun Jan 08 2017, 20:36

y2johnny

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Natasha Whittam wrote:Nice that you've turned all your photographs to face the wall to accommodate your mid-life crisis.
If 34 is mid life you should be shitting yourself :rofl:

Its getting its own space eventually so i just brushed everything to one side Smile

http://Www.thefacefittester.co.uk

57 Re: Do you love vinyl? on Sun Jan 08 2017, 21:10

Bread2.0

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Honestly not trying to take the shine off your new toy, J, and I really hope you enjoy it but.....

....I really don't get this vinyl-revival thing.

After years of listening to scratchy records jumping and sounding rough, when CD's came out it was a revelation.

It might just be me, but I honestly don't get why anybody would want to shell out a shit load of cash to buy a method of listening to music which was improved upon massively 30 years ago.

No doubt modern technology allows you to replicate CD-quality sound on vinyl through a high-end system, but what's the point when a £9.99 CD player can deliver it at a fraction of the cost?

Sorry, really don't get it.

58 Re: Do you love vinyl? on Sun Jan 08 2017, 21:33

y2johnny

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
For me its a chance to actually sit down and LISTEN to music.  Not just have it on in the background or as a distraction or a boredom breaker in the car.  

Ive got about 800 cds in the loft but with the vinyl im just keeping it to the special albums i will go back to again and again.

http://Www.thefacefittester.co.uk

59 Re: Do you love vinyl? on Sun Jan 08 2017, 22:56

xmiles

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
I agree with most of what Bread says. It's weird that so many people are going back to vinyl given all the problems with vinyl back in the day. Maybe the quality of modern vinyl pressings is a lot better these days.

I remember when I reluctantly switched from vinyl to CD simply because new releases were only coming out in CD format. I had a high end record player (Linn) but I gradually got used to the convenience of CDs. There is still a valid argument that a good quality analogue vinyl system sounds better than digital CD but I no longer care.

60 Re: Do you love vinyl? on Mon Jan 09 2017, 08:29

Norpig

avatar
Jussi Jääskeläinen
Jussi Jääskeläinen
y2johnny wrote:Well i have finally set it up.  Been bugging the missus since 6am xmas morning and she has finally caved Smile



Proper nifty thing.  Doesnt take up a lot of space. Plays cds, vinyl, radio, cassettes and has usb and sd card slots. Gonna create a vinyl wish list now
 this is the kind of thing i want to do in our box room now my Daughter will be moving rooms to the new loft. Not sure Mrs Pig will let me though  Very Happy

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum