Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Child Benefit

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Child Benefit Empty Child Benefit Fri Jan 13 2012, 21:47

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

How do people with kids feel about having their child benefit payments taken away from them next year if they are in the 40%+ tax band?

Personally, and I would say this having no kids, I'm all for it as only the poorest people should be getting any sort of benefit.

However, it is a farce that a household with two people earning around £42k each i.e £84k in total will keep their child benefit but a household with only one employed person earning over £45k will lose their benefit.

That is madness.

2Child Benefit Empty Re: Child Benefit Fri Jan 13 2012, 21:49

Surely all Bolton fans are on benefit the workshy wankers.

3Child Benefit Empty Re: Child Benefit Fri Jan 13 2012, 22:05

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Bolton Hater wrote:Surely all Bolton fans are on benefit the workshy wankers.

How much benefit are you getting, looking at your face i bet your too fucking Fat to move, let alone work.

4Child Benefit Empty Re: Child Benefit Fri Jan 13 2012, 22:07

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think high earners should forego child benefits. It should also be limited to two children. People should only be able to have children if they can afford them. It should not be an automatic right for women to open their legs to any Tom, Dick or Harry and then , nine months later, drop a sprog and expect the state to pay for its upbringing.

5Child Benefit Empty Re: Child Benefit Fri Jan 13 2012, 22:21

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Reebok Trotter wrote:I think high earners should forego child benefits. It should also be limited to two children. People should only be able to have children if they can afford them. It should not be an automatic right for women to open their legs to any Tom, Dick or Harry and then , nine months later, drop a sprog and expect the state to pay for its upbringing.

Nail on the head Mr Trotter, also the only reason our Nat's child free is because she is a dried up old cow.
And nobody wants to shag it anyway.

6Child Benefit Empty Re: Child Benefit Fri Jan 13 2012, 22:25

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Evening Magoo, I have to admit that Natasha's avatar does put lead in my pencil. She is a dead ringer for Evangeline Lilly who played Kate in ' Lost.'

She might be Canadian but I wont hold that against her.

7Child Benefit Empty Re: Child Benefit Sat Jan 14 2012, 11:19

I will lose my child benefit in 2013, and of course I'm not happy about it - who doesn't want £1600 a year for doing nothing!

But it's ridiculous that I get it in the first place. When my youngest was born 5 years ago it came in very handy as we were pretty skint, but now we're a bit more comfortable we shouldn't be getting it.

The government have gone about this the wrong way, they should have kept child benefit for every child, but only until they were five years old. That way it's completely fair, there's no need to waste money on means testing, no arguments about who earns what etc etc. And most of all, the government would save a bundle not having to pay child benefit until a child was 16/18.

8Child Benefit Empty Re: Child Benefit Sat Jan 14 2012, 11:21

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Up to what age is child benefit paid ?

9Child Benefit Empty Re: Child Benefit Sat Jan 14 2012, 11:22

Usually 18 if they go to college, 16 if they get a job when they leave school.

10Child Benefit Empty Re: Child Benefit Sat Jan 14 2012, 11:28

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well that's why there are so many kids going to college. It should be limited to the first two and no more.

11Child Benefit Empty Re: Child Benefit Sat Jan 14 2012, 11:36

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Reebok Trotter wrote:Evening Magoo, I have to admit that Natasha's avatar does put lead in my pencil. She is a dead ringer for Evangeline Lilly who played Kate in ' Lost.'

She might be Canadian but I wont hold that against her.

I thought everyone knew that Natasha'a avatar was Taylor Cole.

12Child Benefit Empty Re: Child Benefit Sat Jan 14 2012, 11:42

Perhaps Natasha is Taylor Cole?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum