Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Players released

+12
rammywhite
okocha
Hipster_Nebula
Barryjw
MartinBWFC
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
terenceanne
Norpig
luckyPeterpiper
wanderlust
Boggersbelief
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Players released Empty Players released Fri May 13 2016, 17:38

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton Wanderers can confirm that a number of players will leave the club when their contracts expire this summer.

Senior professionals David Wheater, Neil Danns, Emile Heskey, Stephen Dobbie and Paul Rachubka will all officially depart Macron Stadium on June 30,

Recent academy graduates Oscar Threlkeld and Niall Maher will also leave, as will Liam Feeney, Rob Hall and Hayden White, who all ended the campaign out on loan at clubs across the Football League.

Development squad players Tom Eaves, Jordan Lussey, Ross Fitzsimons, Quade Taylor, Harry Campbell, Jon Ceberio, Channing Campbell-Young, Jamie Thomas, Yvan Wassi and Chris Cvetko are also on the list of players leaving.

Loanee Wellington Silva has returned to parent club Arsenal.

The club would like to thank all of the players for their contributions to Bolton Wanderers and wish them every success in their future careers.

Tyler Garratt has received the offer of a professional contract.

2Players released Empty Re: Players released Fri May 13 2016, 17:58

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Surprised they're letting Threlkeld and Maher go but that aside, it's everyone on the list published a month or so ago i.e. only Woolery and Holding renewed and one of them might be off too.

Not really a surprise but as mentioned at the time if they're going to make a big dent in the wage bill they're going to have to farm out a bunch more of the high earners.

3Players released Empty Re: Players released Fri May 13 2016, 18:04

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:Surprised they're letting Threlkeld and Maher go but that aside, it's everyone on the list published a month or so ago i.e. only Woolery and Holding renewed and one of them might be off too.

Not really a surprise but as mentioned at the time if they're going to make a big dent in the wage bill they're going to have to farm out a bunch more of the high earners.
I don't think they'll be able to, at least not completely. Maybe we could send some of them out on loan and partially fund their wages which would help at least a bit but I can't see any outright sales because the players won't agree to personal terms that don't match or at least nearly match what they're on now.

I'm surprised about Threlkeld and Maher too but perhaps the embargo meant we're not allowed to offer them new contracts, don't forget Ameobi wasn't allowed to extend his deal even though he was willing to play for free. I can't say I know that for sure of course because I'm not as up on the rules regarding the embargo in League One as I'd like to be.

4Players released Empty Re: Players released Fri May 13 2016, 18:12

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
I'm surprised about Threlkeld and Maher too but perhaps the embargo meant we're not allowed to offer them new contracts
As mentioned elsewhere, the "embargo" won't make a toss of difference for us unless we decide to buy expensive senior players which is very unlikely.
Threlkeld got a renewal and Garrett was given a pro contract and the club could have kept Oscar and Maher if they'd wanted too, but they clearly didn't rate them.

5Players released Empty Re: Players released Fri May 13 2016, 18:20

Shame about Threlkeld in particular, we're crying out for a DM but I suppose Derek has done well there. Surprised Jamie Thomas has been binned too, lots of hype around him last year. 

Does this mean Samizadeh has signed an extension? Or that they've put an offer to him he's yet to accept?

6Players released Empty Re: Players released Fri May 13 2016, 18:25

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Samizadeh is a second year scholar

7Players released Empty Re: Players released Fri May 13 2016, 18:28

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Shame about Threlkeld in particular, we're crying out for a DM but I suppose Derek has done well there. Surprised Jamie Thomas has been binned too, lots of hype around him last year. 

Does this mean Samizadeh has signed an extension? Or that they've put an offer to him he's yet to accept?
All the above are out of contract - Samizadeh isn't this year.
Have a look at the list I posted a month or so ago - the main thing being the number and cost of the seniors that we're stuck with for at least another year.

Perhaps the thinking is that if we have a load of seniors that we're stuck with we should play them to see if they can get us straight back up therefore we have plenty of time to develop the next crop of kids and can afford to be more selective as to who to keep?

8Players released Empty Re: Players released Fri May 13 2016, 18:38

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:Shame about Threlkeld in particular, we're crying out for a DM but I suppose Derek has done well there. Surprised Jamie Thomas has been binned too, lots of hype around him last year. 

All the above are out of contract - Samizadeh isn't this year.
Have a look at the list I posted a month or so ago - the main thing being the number and cost of the seniors that we're stuck with for at least another year.

Perhaps the thinking is that if we have a load of seniors that we're stuck with we should play them to see if they can get us straight back up therefore we have plenty of time to develop the next crop of kids and can afford to be more selective as to who to keep?
Forgive me for being dense but since we're under 25 registered pro's (I seem to remember 23 being bandied about a few days ago) shouldn't that have meant Maher and Threlkeld could have been offered new deals anyway? I can't remember the exact figure but I'm sure you posted a wage figure we are allowed to offer. Perhaps they turned a new deal down and thought they'd get more elsewhere but I seem to remember a figure that would suggest they'd need silly money to beat it.

9Players released Empty Re: Players released Fri May 13 2016, 20:01

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Threlkeld is the one we should have kept above any on that list, really disappointed with that, he will turn into a very good player for someone

10Players released Empty Re: Players released Fri May 13 2016, 20:01

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I would have offered Wheater & Feeny reduced terms...... not to say they would accept them.

Wheater has the experience to build around at the back and Feeny was our only attacking player for months IMO.

Wonder who is actually making football decisions at the moment.

11Players released Empty Re: Players released Fri May 13 2016, 20:05

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:

Thankfully not you

12Players released Empty Re: Players released Fri May 13 2016, 20:12

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Boggersbelief wrote:
terenceanne wrote:

Thankfully not you

A thoughtful and careful explanation brought to you by Mr. BellEnd.

Now....if anybody with sense on here cares to prognosticate on who is making football decisions currently...all opinions will be welcome.

13Players released Empty Re: Players released Fri May 13 2016, 20:18

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:
terenceanne wrote:

Thankfully not you

A thoughtful and careful explanation brought to you by Mr. BellEnd.

Now....if anybody with sense on here cares to prognosticate on who is making football decisions currently...all opinions will be welcome.

Touched a nerve?

14Players released Empty Re: Players released Fri May 13 2016, 20:24

terenceanne wrote:I would have offered Wheater & Feeny reduced terms...... not to say they would accept them.

Wheater has the experience to build around at the back and Feeny was our only attacking player for months IMO.

How do we know Wheater and Feeney weren't offered reduced terms?

15Players released Empty Re: Players released Fri May 13 2016, 20:29

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wheater was injury prone, not worth the risk.

Feeney probably was offered a new deal, but I'm sure his ego wouldn't let him sign it.

16Players released Empty Re: Players released Fri May 13 2016, 20:41

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fuck them all off and more the complete arse piles.

17Players released Empty Re: Players released Fri May 13 2016, 21:25

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

bwfc1874 wrote:
terenceanne wrote:I would have offered Wheater & Feeny reduced terms...... not to say they would accept them.

How do we know Wheater and Feeney weren't offered reduced terms?

We don't know anything....I'm just saying I would have those two back on reduced terms. The rest can go.

18Players released Empty Re: Players released Fri May 13 2016, 22:08

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Think Feeney has been offered a contract at Ipswich, not sure he'd want to stay here.

19Players released Empty Re: Players released Sat May 14 2016, 09:21

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Surprised about the release of Threlkeld and Thomas. No surprise about any of the rest! Is there any record of Warsi playing for any Bolton team after joining us from Citeh last year?

20Players released Empty Re: Players released Sat May 14 2016, 10:24

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Honestly I was absolutely delighted to see Wheater atop that list. 

time to blow this team to bits, figuratively of course.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum