Bolton Wanderers Fans Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Owen Coyle sacked again!

Owen Coyle sacked again!

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1 Owen Coyle sacked again! on Thu May 26 2016, 14:41

Sluffy

Admin
Well who would have thought it!

Rolling Eyes

Former Burnley, Bolton and Wigan boss Owen Coyle has left his role as manager of Major League Soccer side Houston Dynamo by mutual consent.

The decision was taken with the 49-year-old wanting to be closer to his family in England.

Coyle joined in December 2014 on a three-year deal but his side have struggled under his tenure.

They did not make the play-offs last year and are currently bottom of the Western Conference.

"I asked [club president] Chris [Canetti] if I could speak with him and I explained the challenge of being away from my family," Coyle told the club website.

"I'd like to thank the Dynamo supporters, who have been outstanding. We have a brilliant club, and I have no doubt success is just around the corner."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2 Re: Owen Coyle sacked again! on Thu May 26 2016, 14:54

whatsgoingon

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

"I'd like to thank the Dynamo supporters, who have been outstanding. We have a brilliant club, and I have no doubt success is just around the corner."

It is now he's left, I like him as a guy but once his rhetoric and rah rah has gone there is no substance to his management.

3 Re: Owen Coyle sacked again! on Thu May 26 2016, 18:37

Boggersbelief

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
10/1 on to return as manager.. parted company to be closer to family is the official line. But rumour has it he has had contact from Holdsworth over he past few weeks and will be announced as manager of Bolton once again now Dynamo have finally agreed to part with Coyle.

Football really is crazy What a Face

4 Re: Owen Coyle sacked again! on Thu May 26 2016, 18:38

bryan458

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
I'm amazed he lasted this long !!

5 Re: Owen Coyle sacked again! on Thu May 26 2016, 18:45

Sluffy

Admin
And the prize for the worst ever wum attempt on Nuts goes to...

Boggersbelief wrote:10/1 on to return as manager.. parted company to be closer to family is the official line. But rumour has it he has had contact from Holdsworth over he past few weeks and will be announced as manager of Bolton once again now Dynamo have finally agreed to part with Coyle.

Well done Boggers!

So utterly unconvincing on so many levels.

6 Re: Owen Coyle sacked again! on Thu May 26 2016, 18:50

scottjames30

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I'd have him in league 1

7 Re: Owen Coyle sacked again! on Thu May 26 2016, 18:51

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
And he'd have us in league 2.

8 Re: Owen Coyle sacked again! on Thu May 26 2016, 18:52

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
boltonbonce wrote:And he'd have us in league 2.

:clap:

9 Re: Owen Coyle sacked again! on Thu May 26 2016, 18:57

scottjames30

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
boltonbonce wrote:And he'd have us in league 2.

League 1 will be a piece of piss, ask Wigan.

10 Re: Owen Coyle sacked again! on Thu May 26 2016, 19:05

Boggersbelief

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Sluffy wrote:And the prize for the worst ever wum attempt on Nuts goes to...

Boggersbelief wrote:10/1 on to return as manager.. parted company to be closer to family is the official line. But rumour has it he has had contact from Holdsworth over he past few weeks and will be announced as manager of Bolton once again now Dynamo have finally agreed to part with Coyle.

Well done Boggers!

So utterly unconvincing on so many levels.

Thanks Sluffy!

11 Re: Owen Coyle sacked again! on Thu May 26 2016, 19:19

Hipster_Nebula

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

best one yet

12 Re: Owen Coyle sacked again! on Fri May 27 2016, 12:35

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

best one yet
Dunno...

Titling a thread "Coyle sacked again" when it clearly says he left by mutual consent comes pretty close WUM-wise.

13 Re: Owen Coyle sacked again! on Wed Jun 01 2016, 22:43

Boggersbelief

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Coyle announced as Blackburn boss tomorrow and Bowyer announced as Blackpool boss. Thank fuck we dodged that boring cunt

14 Re: Owen Coyle sacked again! on Wed Jun 01 2016, 22:49

Bwfc1958

Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!
Boggersbelief wrote:Coyle announced as Blackburn boss tomorrow and Bowyer announced as Blackpool boss. Thank fuck we dodged that boring cunt
I'll be happy if coyle goes there. Another local derby to look forward to next season assuming we don't get promoted. (stop laughing, it could happen).

15 Re: Owen Coyle sacked again! on Wed Jun 01 2016, 22:53

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
He's going through Lancashire like a dose of salts.

16 Re: Owen Coyle sacked again! on Thu Jun 02 2016, 12:33

Copper Dragon

Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
The Venky's had us going there for a while, we thought that they'd lost their sense of humour.

Saying that they deserve each other really wouldn't do it justice.

It's just too funny.

17 Re: Owen Coyle sacked again! on Thu Jun 02 2016, 12:38

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
He's very popular at Wrestlemania. Very Happy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

18 Re: Owen Coyle sacked again! on Thu Jun 02 2016, 12:45

BoltonTillIDie

John McGinlay
John McGinlay
Confirmed as Blackburn's new manager

19 Re: Owen Coyle sacked again! on Thu Jun 02 2016, 12:49

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
The 49-year-old Scot left his role with Major League Soccer side Houston Dynamo last Thursday.

The ex-Burnley and Bolton boss, whose last managerial job in England was at Wigan in 2013, replaces Paul Lambert, who left Rovers after just six months.

"First and foremost I'm absolutely thrilled and honoured to be Blackburn manager," he told the club website.

"I look forward to working with terrific people at the club. The ultimate aim is to give a team that is representative of the fans, a team that is entertaining and hard working and a team that can win."

Assistant manager Alan Irvine and first-team coach Rob Kelly, who worked under Lambert, keep their roles at Ewood Park.

During his time in the United States, Coyle's Houston side failed to reach the play-offs last year and sat bottom of the Western Conference when he left.

Coyle, capped once by the Republic of Ireland, helped Burnley to the Premier League seven years ago before switching to Bolton.

He guided Wanderers to 14th and an FA Cup semi-final but was sacked five months after they were relegated in 2011-12, and then lasted less than six months at Wigan.

"We took our time and conducted a thorough search and Owen was the standout candidate," said Blackburn director Mike Cheston.

"He brings with him a wealth of management experience, a strong track record in the Championship and we believe he will complement our existing coaching staff perfectly.

"He meets all of the criteria we were looking for and we firmly believe he is the right man to take this club forward."

Blackburn finished 15th in the Championship last season, with Lambert and recently appointed Blackpool boss Gary Bowyer leading the team during the campaign.

In December, the Lancashire side came out of a transfer embargo imposed for breaking Financial Fair Play rules, but in March the club's latest financial results revealed debts of £104.2m.

The club's owners, Venky's, run by the India-based Rao family, bought Rovers in 2010 but have seen their debts rise after relegation from the Premier League in 2012.

However, last month Venky's said they were committed to supporting Blackburn despite an offer of investment from local businessmen Ian Battersby and Ian Currie.

20 Re: Owen Coyle sacked again! on Thu Jun 02 2016, 13:05

Norpig

John McGinlay
John McGinlay
do Blackburn have a Nuts style forum? If they do i would love to know what they say about Uncle Owen  Laughing

21 Re: Owen Coyle sacked again! on Thu Jun 02 2016, 13:12

doffcocker

Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
You have to wonder sometimes if certain people buy football clubs just out of sadism.

I mean the only question that Coyle is the answer to here is "who in the football world is the least appropriate for this job?"

"No, we're not interested in any of the other five million blokes who just want a job as a football manager. We want this guy specifically, who has been sacked at his last three jobs and managed three of our biggest rivals."

22 Re: Owen Coyle sacked again! on Thu Jun 02 2016, 13:18

MartinBWFC

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Norpig wrote:do Blackburn have a Nuts style forum? If they do i would love to know what they say about Uncle Owen  Laughing
Roverstalk Mr Pig.

23 Re: Owen Coyle sacked again! on Thu Jun 02 2016, 13:21

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

24 Re: Owen Coyle sacked again! on Thu Jun 02 2016, 13:22

Norpig

John McGinlay
John McGinlay
found this,  Rovers fans not very happy at all  Laughing

25 Re: Owen Coyle sacked again! on Thu Jun 02 2016, 13:30

Norpig

John McGinlay
John McGinlay
At least it means we don't have to put up with him again, hope Rovers have a lot of table tennis gear at the ready for pre-season

26 Re: Owen Coyle sacked again! on Thu Jun 02 2016, 13:30

My Rovers supporting mate has just emailed me and he's not very happy.

He says that they've only got 11 professional players left on their books, 2 of whom are keepers and 3 or 4 of the others want out and are attracting interest.

He was pretty sure they'd be joining us in L1 in 12 months' time before this announcement but now he's absolutely convinced.

Oh dear....

27 Re: Owen Coyle sacked again! on Thu Jun 02 2016, 13:31

Keegan

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Very Happy

http://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

28 Re: Owen Coyle sacked again! on Thu Jun 02 2016, 13:34

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Norpig wrote:do Blackburn have a Nuts style forum? 
Don't go spare Sluffy but I hope you won't mind mentioning Footymad to Mr Pig in this context. It won't challenge nuts but is a useful portal to many clubs as you are aware. 

Nearly all clubs have a forum in the "footymad" group. Here's [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to the Wanderers version of the forum (some members post on here) but if you register for footymad, you register for all club sites and they can all be accessed from the drop down menu. Sign in once and you can skip straight to Stirling Albion's chat (formerly Bino's Banter) for example. Or Blackburn. Some are completely unused and get a new post every month or so, but a few are busy and worth a look. Blackburn and Burnley are active - ask Copper....Smile

29 Re: Owen Coyle sacked again! on Thu Jun 02 2016, 13:35

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
He'd be better off rock and rolling.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

30 Re: Owen Coyle sacked again! on Thu Jun 02 2016, 13:36

Norpig

John McGinlay
John McGinlay
i'd never noticed the resemblance before  Very Happy

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]