Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tip for the top...

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Tip for the top... Empty Tip for the top... Thu Jun 02 2016, 16:18

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The recent cull saw the back of a lot of young players including Oscar Threlkeld, Niall Maher, Hayden White, Tom Eaves, Jordan Lussey, Ross Fitzsimons, Quade Taylor, Harry Campbell, Jon Ceberio, Channing Campbell-Young, Jamie Thomas, Yvan Wassi and Chris Cvetko - some of whom I thought could turn into decent professionals.
Obviously BWFC reckon I know nothing about football being an armchair fan, so who is your tip for the top? 
We have a few young players who have already been handed a professional contract so that leaves us with just 19 candidates of which Alex Finney, Samizadeh and Newell have flirted with the first team. 

Which (if any) of our current crop of yet-to-emerge talent do you think will be good enough for the top tiers of English footie?

Is our Ronaldo the real deal? And is Callum Spooner the secret lovechild of actor Cillian Murphy? Who (if anyone) is going to make the grade?

2Tip for the top... Empty Re: Tip for the top... Thu Jun 02 2016, 17:30

We have a Ronaldo?

3Tip for the top... Empty Re: Tip for the top... Thu Jun 02 2016, 18:04

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Barb Dwyer wrote:We have a Ronaldo?

Ronaldo Pearson

4Tip for the top... Empty Re: Tip for the top... Mon Jun 06 2016, 22:51

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

i like the kid who played full back Tyler Garret played twice i think also can play in midfield

5Tip for the top... Empty Re: Tip for the top... Tue Jun 07 2016, 00:01

wessy wrote:i like the kid who played full back Tyler Garret played twice i think also can play in midfield
I agree wessy. Looked decent and not had a decent attacking left back for a while

6Tip for the top... Empty Re: Tip for the top... Tue Jun 07 2016, 07:10

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:
wessy wrote:i like the kid who played full back Tyler Garret played twice i think also can play in midfield
I agree wessy. Looked decent and not had a decent attacking left back for a while

Garratt's already been offered (and has accepted) as professional contract so you're not alone in rating him.

Mind you, Oscar Threlkeld and Niall Maher also had professional contracts and it didn't do them any good.

7Tip for the top... Empty Re: Tip for the top... Tue Jun 07 2016, 08:46

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I would have kept Maher, he looked like a rabbit in a cars headlights for the first couple of games but visibly grew in confidence and looked decent.

8Tip for the top... Empty Re: Tip for the top... Sun Jul 10 2016, 13:31

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

U21s score 6 in a pre-season friendly against Radcliffe Borough! And Samizadeh didn't get any of them despite playing the full game.

Wasn't so long ago when the first team were struggling to get a pre-season result against them so I think they've done well.

Radcliffe Borough 0 U21's 6

9Tip for the top... Empty Re: Tip for the top... Sun Jul 10 2016, 13:37

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'mwanderlust wrote:U21s score 6 in a pre-season friendly against Radcliffe Borough! And Samizadeh didn't get any of them despite playing the full game.

Wasn't so long ago when the first team were struggling to get a pre-season result against them so I think they've done well.

Read the report on that and recognised very few names, interesting point you made about Samizidah not getting any, that struck me too.

10Tip for the top... Empty Re: Tip for the top... Sun Jul 10 2016, 18:37

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

whatsgoingon wrote:
I'mwanderlust wrote:U21s score 6 in a pre-season friendly against Radcliffe Borough! And Samizadeh didn't get any of them despite playing the full game.

Read the report on that and recognised very few names, interesting point you made about Samizidah not getting any, that struck me too.
Basically it's the U18s. I'm wondering what's happened to George Newell though. JP gave him a run out for the first X1 last season against Hull and I don't think he's been fired off. Maybe he's on tour.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum