Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Captain Pratley targeted by Wigan

+10
gloswhite
King Bill
wanderlust
bryan458
luckyPeterpiper
doffcocker
Natasha Whittam
whatsgoingon
Norpig
karlypants
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Captain Pratley targeted by Wigan Empty Captain Pratley targeted by Wigan Sat Jun 04 2016, 10:25

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers' Darren Pratley may be on the move to Wigan Athletic as they prepare for life back in the Championship.

An offer is believed to have come in from the DW Stadium for them to take Bolton's captain back up to the second tier.

This week the co-owner Ken Anderson's son Lee confirmed they are keen to offload the club's higher earners, although it would be preferable to ship out players on permanent moves.

Already making exits are David Wheater, Neil Danns, Liam Feeney and Emile Heskey, who will all to leave when their contracts expire on June 30. Pratley signed a three-year deal at Bolton last summer but accepts his time at the club may end prematurely in the wake of relegation.

“I am not stupid or naïve," the midfielder told The Bolton News. "I know the club will slash the budget because they need to. They will want to bring in fresh blood too. But until I get told otherwise I am contracted to Bolton.”

One major sticking point with any proposed move is the transfer embargo, in place since just before Christmas, although club chairman Anderson remains adamant this will be lifted very soon after a manager is announced at the Whites, which is said to be imminent

Wigan came up from League One as champions this year with a squad given virtually a complete overhaul 12 months ago.

Latics manager Gary Caldwell has conceded his task is made more difficult after promotion as they cannot merely outbid divisional rivals this time around. However, bringing in Pratley would seem to fit the bill for Wigan. And as Wanderers are looking to make cuts to the wage bill a move away from the Macron for Pratley may suit all parties.

David Perkins was the Latics' player-of-the-year, with Max Power the only man coming close to pushing him for the award. The two midfielders were backed up by Sam Morsy, who came in from Chesterfield in January. However, those three aside, there is little depth to their midfield ranks and it is an area Caldwell would like to strengthen.

Meanwhile, the Whites have confirmed to The Bolton News that the club's pre-season tour will take them to Scandinavia and plans are in the pipeline for at least two friendlies against local sides next month.

Source

2Captain Pratley targeted by Wigan Empty Re: Captain Pratley targeted by Wigan Sat Jun 04 2016, 10:29

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

please God let it be true  :pray:

3Captain Pratley targeted by Wigan Empty Re: Captain Pratley targeted by Wigan Sat Jun 04 2016, 13:43

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

If we can get someone in for Mark Davies that would leave Amos, Spearing and maybe Moxey as high earners. Despite a poor finish to the season I thought Moxey generally did well last year and I'd keep Spearing as a captain. I think him and Trotter could give us the fight we'll need in L1 next year.

4Captain Pratley targeted by Wigan Empty Re: Captain Pratley targeted by Wigan Sat Jun 04 2016, 14:11

Don't let the door hit ya on what the good lord give ya on the way out

5Captain Pratley targeted by Wigan Empty Re: Captain Pratley targeted by Wigan Sat Jun 04 2016, 14:13

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:Don't let the door hit ya on what the good lord give ya on the way out
That would make it much more bigger if he got it trapped in the door.

I can see it throbbing now! Shocked

6Captain Pratley targeted by Wigan Empty Re: Captain Pratley targeted by Wigan Sat Jun 04 2016, 14:35

karlypants wrote:
y2johnny wrote:Don't let the door hit ya on what the good lord give ya on the way out
That would make it much more bigger if he got it trapped in the door.

I can see it throbbing now! Shocked

Im salivating
Dirty boy

7Captain Pratley targeted by Wigan Empty Re: Captain Pratley targeted by Wigan Sat Jun 04 2016, 14:46

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very Happy

8Captain Pratley targeted by Wigan Empty Re: Captain Pratley targeted by Wigan Sat Jun 04 2016, 16:10

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd keep Pratley over any of the other high earning ponces.

He was one of the few to put a shift in last season.

But there's no doubt we're going to be stuck with that leech Mark Davies, an utter disgrace to the profession.

9Captain Pratley targeted by Wigan Empty Re: Captain Pratley targeted by Wigan Sat Jun 04 2016, 16:19

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Agreed he was a disgrace last season, gutless and didn't give a shit which given the fact that it was his best season for appearances showed that his "potential" is all bollocks. Would keep Spearing over Pratley personally

10Captain Pratley targeted by Wigan Empty Re: Captain Pratley targeted by Wigan Sat Jun 04 2016, 16:26

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Davies is very hit and miss, yet offers twenty times more overall than Pratley.

I mean have you ever heard anybody say "oh good, Pratley's playing."?

Me neither.

11Captain Pratley targeted by Wigan Empty Re: Captain Pratley targeted by Wigan Sat Jun 04 2016, 16:34

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I didn't hear that for Davies last year either, in terms of ability he beats Pratley hands down, but in terms of application, guts and leadership he showed his true colours last season. 
If you told me I would say what I'm about to say 3 seasons ago I'd have said you were mad, but if anyone takes him off us on a free, they'd be doing us a favour

12Captain Pratley targeted by Wigan Empty Re: Captain Pratley targeted by Wigan Sat Jun 04 2016, 16:52

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

whatsgoingon wrote:but in terms of application, guts and leadership he showed his true colours last season. 

I honestly don't see this.

Yes, more often than not he goes missing in games and doesn't put enough of a stamp on things, but I don't put that down to sheer lack of guts and effort and the rest of it. I actually think he played particularly well earlier on in the season.

Pratley might run around a lot, but what does he actually ever do that's of any use? He constantly gives the ball away, he wastes great chances, he concedes needless fouls, he often picks up the ball in promising positions, and just dilly dallies with it until the opportunity has passed. He's fucking hopeless.

13Captain Pratley targeted by Wigan Empty Re: Captain Pratley targeted by Wigan Sat Jun 04 2016, 16:54

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I think there's going to be nothing to this. Wigan won't match his current wages and there's no way I can see Pratley accepting less than he's on now. It's yet more paper talk imo.

14Captain Pratley targeted by Wigan Empty Re: Captain Pratley targeted by Wigan Sat Jun 04 2016, 17:50

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I disagree on Davies, when it came down to the fight he was more interested in making sure he was still and overpaid ponce and not just a ponce being paid what he's worth. Wigan seem to be fixated on buying everything we've got so if we can convince them we want to keep him they'll pay it

15Captain Pratley targeted by Wigan Empty Re: Captain Pratley targeted by Wigan Sat Jun 04 2016, 19:51

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:Davies is very hit and miss, yet offers twenty times more overall than Pratley.

Me neither.

Mark Davies is shit. Always has been. He's "potentially" been good since we signed him. But bar the odd decent goal he has been one of the worst signings of the last 20 years.

I'd take Pratley over Davies every single time.

16Captain Pratley targeted by Wigan Empty Re: Captain Pratley targeted by Wigan Sat Jun 04 2016, 19:53

That's like saying "I'd take herpes over syphilis every time".

ie, not much.

17Captain Pratley targeted by Wigan Empty Re: Captain Pratley targeted by Wigan Sat Jun 04 2016, 19:54

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
doffcocker wrote:Davies is very hit and miss, yet offers twenty times more overall than Pratley.

Me neither.

Mark Davies is shit. Always has been. He's "potentially" been good since we signed him. But bar the odd decent goal he has been one of the worst signings of the last 20 years.

For once I agree with you. Pratley's never been the most skillful guy around but he's always given his best and for me Mavies spent most of last season looking like he thought being a BWFC player was beneath his dignity.

18Captain Pratley targeted by Wigan Empty Re: Captain Pratley targeted by Wigan Sat Jun 04 2016, 19:56

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:That's like saying "I'd take herpes over syphilis every time".

ie, not much.

I was thinking that as I typed.

I spend too much time thinking about herpes.

19Captain Pratley targeted by Wigan Empty Re: Captain Pratley targeted by Wigan Sat Jun 04 2016, 20:53

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Me neither.

Yes because Pratley hasn't ever been a disappointment in any sense of the word.

Never understood this notion that because a player runs around a lot, that automatically makes them worthy of a place.

Answer me this. It's a Tuesday night, you're sat freezing your tits off in Scunthorpe. We're one nil down, we've hardly had a shot on goal, basically not created a decent chance all night. You see somebody getting ready on the touchline. You know it's either Pratley or Davies (easy to confuse the two, to look at). Who do you want it be? Is it Pratley, the guy who runs all over the place, but that's basically it? Or is it Mark Davies, the one who very very occasionally is actually involved in a goalscoring opportunity?

Let's be honest, you're just siding with Pratley because he's the scapegoat. If the fans were as quick to have a go at Davies as they are Pratley, something tells me you'd be a bit more complimentary.

20Captain Pratley targeted by Wigan Empty Re: Captain Pratley targeted by Wigan Sat Jun 04 2016, 20:56

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:

Yes because Pratley hasn't ever been a disappointment in any sense of the word.

Never understood this notion that because a player runs around a lot, that automatically makes them worthy of a place.

Answer me this. It's a Tuesday night, you're sat freezing your tits off in Scunthorpe. We're one nil down, we've hardly had a shot on goal, basically not created a decent chance all night. You see somebody getting ready on the touchline. You know it's either Pratley or Davies (easy to confuse the two, to look at). Who do you want it be? Is it Pratley, the guy who runs all over the place, but that's basically it? Or is it Mark Davies, the one who very very occasionally is actually involved in a goalscoring opportunity?

Let's be honest, you're just siding with Pratley because he's the scapegoat. If the fans were as quick to have a go at Davies as they are Pratley, something tells me you'd be a bit more complimentary.

Of course I'd choose Davies if we were 1-0 down. Even though, deep down, I'd know he'd changed about 2 games in his whole BWFC career.

Pratley is shit, no doubt about that, but I'd rather have someone who gave a shit over some ponce who is living on some bizarre notion he's a good player.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum