Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Phil Parkinson Officially named as manager!!!

+15
boltonbonce
Hipster_Nebula
wanderlust
karlypants
finlaymcdanger
MartinBWFC
scottjames30
Norpig
Boggersbelief
luckyPeterpiper
Sluffy
whatsgoingon
Natasha Whittam
doffcocker
BoltonTillIDie
19 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

PHIL Parkinson is set to be unveiled as the new manager of Bolton Wanderers.

In a remarkable late twist, a deal has been agreed with Bradford City to bring the Chorley-born 48-year-old to the Macron Stadium ahead of long-time front-runners Steve Cotterill and Nigel Adkins.

Ken Anderson had claimed publicly Wanderers would not be paying compensation but The Bolton News understands a financial agreement has been reached between the two clubs in the last couple of days.

Wanderers fans have waited more than 12 weeks for news of Neil Lennon’s successor but the wait will be over tomorrow when the former Reading and Bury midfielder is unveiled to the press at the Macron Stadium.

Parkinson was the fifth longest-serving manager in the Football League and was moving towards his fifth season at Valley Parade.

He led Bradford to the League Cup final in 2013 and his side were beaten in the play-offs this season by Millwall.

He has also experienced promotion with Colchester United and guided Charlton Athletic to a fourth-place finish in League One in 2010.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by BoltonTillIDie on Fri Jun 10 2016, 09:43; edited 1 time in total

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

On the one decent Bradford forum I've managed to get hold of, there's a big mix of reactions.

Some say he's the best manager they've ever had and it's a sad day. Some say they're looking forward to a change in style of play. Either way there's a lot of anger, shock, mystification that he's left them for a club in as much shit as we are. Most of them see it as a sideways step.

I think every bit of that sounds very familiar.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:On the one decent Bradford forum I've managed to get hold of, there's a big mix of reactions.

You should join. They're probably a bit short on bellends.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I believe they have a vacancy for a piss poor female impersonator as well Nat if you know anyone

Obviously it needs to be in the best possible taste

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Tweet from Iles -

Hear the compensation being paid for Parkinson is very low. A really incredible deal been done here by #bwfc

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:Tweet from Iles -

Hear the compensation being paid for Parkinson is very low. A really incredible deal been done here by #bwfc
Is there anything concrete from Bradford? Have they confirmed any of this at all?

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Was posted by Sky at 3.19pm

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:

Is there anything concrete from Bradford? Have they confirmed any of this at all?

Bradfords version of Marc Iles has confirmed it. He also confirmed that the whole of bradfords back room staff were joining too

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggersbelief wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:

Bradfords version of Marc Iles has confirmed it. He also confirmed that the whole of bradfords back room staff were joining too
Got it boggers. Been a bit slow today, was on 6 - 2 at work and feel damn tired Sad

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

this is good news, he's done a great job at Bradford and he's a much better option than the other two mentioned

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

At least it's not Giggs.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Has a touch of the Freedman about this appointment, hope I'm wrong.

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'm pretty happy with him as our new manager too. A solid choice considering the circumstances.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's a fresh start now so can only wish him the best and hope he does well for us. Smile

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

MartinBWFC wrote:Has a touch of the Freedman about this appointment, hope I'm wrong.

The Freedman you once described as our best manager since Big Sam?

Sounds encouraging to me.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

doffcocker wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:Has a touch of the Freedman about this appointment, hope I'm wrong.

Show me where I said that, never wanted or liked the guy.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

MartinBWFC wrote:
doffcocker wrote:

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:
Just a message to all you booing bastards, we are in a unique position of having probably the best manager since Big Sam, if you retards want to keep booing the team, carry on, and never blame Gartside for driving out Sam, because you cunts could well drive out Dougie, if you are one who feels the need to boo every decision, fuck off and queue for a ticket in the Stretford end, rant over, but seriously fuck off the club dont need you.

my thought is that these numb fuckers could drive a good young manager away.
:facepalm:

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Top find Doff!

:mixpoints:

You've stitched Martin up like a kipper!

:biggrin:

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

MartinBWFC wrote:
doffcocker wrote:

Just hold your hands up and take the shame son, when you're on quicksand take the path of least resistance because the more you fight it the deeper in you go
Embarassed
Embarassed

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum