Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kell Brook v Golovkin

+7
wanderlust
Sluffy
BoltonTillIDie
scottjames30
whatsgoingon
Boggersbelief
boltonbonce
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Kell Brook v Golovkin Empty Kell Brook v Golovkin Fri Jul 08 2016, 19:44

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The fight is set for 10th September.

Any predictions?

2Kell Brook v Golovkin Empty Re: Kell Brook v Golovkin Fri Jul 08 2016, 19:46

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

GGG will embarrass Brook

3Kell Brook v Golovkin Empty Re: Kell Brook v Golovkin Fri Jul 08 2016, 19:47

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

It won't go a round, I thought he was due to fight Eubank Jnr?
It's a match up that makes even less sense than Khan v Alverez and Brook has the advantage of hindsight seeing what happened to Khan. Why is GGG fighting welterweights when he has Eubank a very credible middleweight wanting him and you would assume Alvarez would too.
This is why boxings credibility is going down and down

Last edited by whatsgoingon on Fri Jul 08 2016, 19:55; edited 1 time in total

4Kell Brook v Golovkin Empty Re: Kell Brook v Golovkin Fri Jul 08 2016, 19:47

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I thought GGG was going to fight Eubank Jr.

5Kell Brook v Golovkin Empty Re: Kell Brook v Golovkin Fri Jul 08 2016, 19:48

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Brook got in first.

6Kell Brook v Golovkin Empty Re: Kell Brook v Golovkin Fri Jul 08 2016, 19:49

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Eubank Jr might out box GGG.

7Kell Brook v Golovkin Empty Re: Kell Brook v Golovkin Fri Jul 08 2016, 19:50

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Eubank Jr wrote:I haven't been shown one contract since my fight with GGG was announced. I'm still ready & waiting to sign. Fighting Brook is a joke #2Small

8Kell Brook v Golovkin Empty Re: Kell Brook v Golovkin Fri Jul 08 2016, 19:51

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

2 days ago:

GGG wrote:Everything agreed from our side, now  waiting for @ChrisEubankJr, who all of a sudden has lost his pen...

Eubank JR wrote:@GGGBoxing @EddieHearn my pen is in my hand ready & waiting to sign as soon as I get the contract... don't you worry about that.

9Kell Brook v Golovkin Empty Re: Kell Brook v Golovkin Fri Jul 08 2016, 19:57

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Even more bizarre is that Eubank Jnr and Brook are both Hearn fighters aren't they

10Kell Brook v Golovkin Empty Re: Kell Brook v Golovkin Fri Jul 08 2016, 19:58

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

whatsgoingon wrote:Even more bizarre is that Eubank Jnr and Brook are both Hearn fighters aren't they

Yes, they are.

Eubank Sr probably fucked it up though.

11Kell Brook v Golovkin Empty Re: Kell Brook v Golovkin Fri Jul 08 2016, 20:01

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'm not sure I follow that train of thought Scott, he has always appeared happy to leave it to Hearn and just support

12Kell Brook v Golovkin Empty Re: Kell Brook v Golovkin Fri Jul 08 2016, 20:06

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You should've watched the post Eubank Jr press conference two weeks ago, he was arguing with Hearn about money then.

13Kell Brook v Golovkin Empty Re: Kell Brook v Golovkin Fri Jul 08 2016, 20:11

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

scottjames30 wrote:You should've watched the post Eubank Jr press conference two weeks ago, he was arguing with Hearn about money then.
I missed that in which case it makes sense, Hearn flexing his muscles then

14Kell Brook v Golovkin Empty Re: Kell Brook v Golovkin Fri Jul 08 2016, 20:14

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Eubank Sr was saying the fighters ( his son ) should get the most money, he was asking Eddie some difficult questions live on T.V.

Eddie just said we are having a meeting on Monday, as if to say ( fuck off )

15Kell Brook v Golovkin Empty Re: Kell Brook v Golovkin Fri Jul 08 2016, 23:32

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Eddie Hearn has blamed "impossible" demands made by Chris Eubank Jr and Sr for the collapse of a deal to fight Gennady Golovkin.

Negotiations for Eubank Jr to challenge Golovkin for his WBA (Super), WBC, IBF and IBO middleweight titles were abandoned when the former failed to sign the fight contract before a deadline specified by Golovkin's camp

Speaking about the dramatic turn of events on Sky Sports News HQ, Hearn said: "I worked for three weeks on that fight (Eubank Jr versus Golovkin), negotiating with Chris Eubank Sr. It felt like three years.

"We got into a position where everybody was ready to sign. He (Eubank Jr) was offered the same pay-per-view deal as Anthony Joshua, Carl Froch and the one that Kell Brook accepted.

"Unfortunately they (the Eubanks) made the deal impossible. The things they wanted were just a complete no-go. They were given a deadline and they chose not to take the fight."

Brook, the IBF's current welterweight king, will move up two divisions to take on feared knockout artist Golovkin, who has 32 stoppages in 35 unbeaten fights to date.

Brook had been in talks to take on WBO welterweight champion Jessie Vargas in a unification bout but jumped at the chance to face Golovkin when Hearn informed him about Eubank Jr missing the deadline to take the fight.

Explaining how the fight came about, Hearn said: "Well, it was madness to be honest with you.

"We were in talks for two separate fights between Chris Eubank Jr. and Gennady Golovkin and also for Kell Brook in a unification clash with Jessie Vargas.

"The Eubanks were given a deadline for the fight and chose not to accept it.

"Then all of a sudden I was on the phone to Kell Brook and I said 'it's a shame you aren't a middleweight, you could fight Golovkin' and he said 'I'll fight Golovkin'. I asked if he was serious and he said 'absolutely, sign me up'.

"Twenty-four hours later he signed the deal and he is fighting the most dangerous man on the planet, the No 1 pound-for-pound fighter in the world."

One man who was less than pleased to see Brook fighting Golovkin was Eubank Jr and he took to Twitter to deny ever being offered a contract to face Golovkin.

Eubank Jr tweeted: "I haven't been shown one contract since my fight with GGG was announced. I'm still ready & waiting to sign. Fighting Brook is a joke. #2Small"

Despite the difficulties with negotiations, Hearn feels this is a temporary setback for Eubank Jr.

Hearn said: "There is a huge future for Chris Eubank Jr. He can fight the winner later on in the year. He has got a big future ahead of him. He misses out this time but I am sure he will get his shot in due course."

http://www.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/10496313/impossible-demands-cost-chris-eubank-jr-bout-with-gennady-golovkin-says-eddie-hearn

Golovikin is currently the best 'banger' in boxing, his ko record is amazing.

I guess the thinking must be to be swift and nible on your feet and keep running from him until he runs out of steam as Brook (or Eubank) would be simply out gunned otherwise.

Golovkin only needs to land one big one an its goodnight Vienna from Brook.

The age old adage is that a good big one will always beat a good little one.

Brook is a very good boxer but I can't see him winning this one.

16Kell Brook v Golovkin Empty Re: Kell Brook v Golovkin Sat Jul 09 2016, 01:24

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

This is a bigger mismatch than Khan v Alvarez and in my opinion Hearn is being frivolous with Brooks safety to make a point to the Eubanks

17Kell Brook v Golovkin Empty Re: Kell Brook v Golovkin Sat Jul 09 2016, 01:34

Eubanks.....?

Do you seriously think that the child has a say in what goes on?

18Kell Brook v Golovkin Empty Re: Kell Brook v Golovkin Sat Jul 09 2016, 11:32

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Breadman wrote:Eubanks.....?

Do you seriously think that the child has a say in what goes on?
Fair point although he doesn't look like someone who'll be pushed into something, seems a stubborn get like his dad

19Kell Brook v Golovkin Empty Re: Kell Brook v Golovkin Sat Jul 09 2016, 12:52

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The whole thing is a farce and it's a shame that egos are setting the agenda rather than well-made matches - which is what the public want. Nobody likes an uneven contest.

20Kell Brook v Golovkin Empty Re: Kell Brook v Golovkin Sat Jul 09 2016, 21:58

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:The whole thing is a farce and it's a shame that egos are setting the agenda rather than well-made matches - which is what the public want. Nobody likes an uneven contest.
It undermines the whole credibility of the sport, it's all about politics and money and not competition

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum