Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Transfer rumours !

+36
Copper Dragon
rammywhite
Soul Kitchen
Boggersbelief
gloswhite
boltonbonce
BoltonTillIDie
Cajunboy
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
Norpig
Bread2.0
Sluffy
NickFazer
wessy
King Bill
finlaymcdanger
DEANO82
Bolton Nuts
Kane57
xmiles
whatsgoingon
MartinBWFC
Chairmanda
Bollotom2014
Reebok Trotter
wanderlust
Barryjw
scottjames30
Fabians Right Peg
Keegan
luckyPeterpiper
terenceanne
observer
Hipster_Nebula
Bwfc1958
40 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 23 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Go down  Message [Page 44 of 50]

871Transfer rumours ! - Page 45 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Mar 23 2017, 12:35

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

DEANO82 wrote:Apparently interested in Moussa Diarra from Barrow (formerly of PSG) 6 foot 6 centre back.

PSG to Barrow. That's a bit of a come down!

872Transfer rumours ! - Page 45 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Mar 23 2017, 13:26

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

rammywhite wrote:
DEANO82 wrote:Apparently interested in Moussa Diarra from Barrow (formerly of PSG) 6 foot 6 centre back.

PSG to Barrow. That's a bit of a come down!

But is Barrow a step up from Hampton & Richmond Borough FC, ie where he was before them....?

873Transfer rumours ! - Page 45 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Mar 23 2017, 14:03

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That seems unlikely. At least 5 professional clubs were tracking him last year so either he's shite or Barrow want silly money - neither scenario would suggest we should go after him.

874Transfer rumours ! - Page 45 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon May 01 2017, 17:12

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Not had a rumour for a while but I guess it is going to be a busy thread over the summer.

Here is the first of many I suspect many!

Bolton to step up interest in Aberdeen star Niall McGinn - Exclusive

BOLTON WANDERERS will step up their interest in Aberdeen star Niall McGinn after they won promotion back to the English Championship yesterday.

The Trotters have been on the Northern Ireland winger’s trail for months and now have added financial muscle after they finished second in League One yesterday.

Phil Parkinson is keen to land the out-of-contract 29-year-old, and will be able to table an offer that could see them compete with fellow suitors Ipswich.

McGinn has made it clear he would prefer another crack at England and that is why he is unlikely to take up a contract extension at Pittodrie or a rival Bosman offer from Hearts.

League One side Fleetwood Town also guaranteed their place in the play-offs yesterday and will also come into the equation for McGinn if they join Bolton in England’s second tier.

Express Sport understands McGinn doesn’t want to agree his move until after the Scottish Cup Final against Celtic.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

875Transfer rumours ! - Page 45 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon May 01 2017, 17:15

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Massive risk to sign players from the Scottish league, we need to be looking at proven English talent.

Hipster agrees with me.

876Transfer rumours ! - Page 45 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue May 02 2017, 10:15

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I thought our interest was because of McGinn's League 1 experience and the connection with Neil Lennon so I really hope this is old news being recycled to fill column inches.

877Transfer rumours ! - Page 45 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue May 02 2017, 11:41

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:I thought our interest was because of McGinn's League 1 experience and the connection with Neil Lennon so I really hope this is old news being recycled to fill column inches.

Why then would the paper date stamp it and state the following...

PUBLISHED: 00:05, Mon, May 1, 2017 | UPDATED: 00:15, Mon, May 1, 2017

BOLTON WANDERERS will step up their interest in Aberdeen star Niall McGinn after they won promotion back to the English Championship yesterday.

Phil Parkinson is keen to land the out-of-contract 29-year-old [Born: 20 July 1987 (age 29 years)]

Rolling Eyes

878Transfer rumours ! - Page 45 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue May 02 2017, 11:51

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:I thought our interest was because of McGinn's League 1 experience and the connection with Neil Lennon so I really hope this is old news being recycled to fill column inches.

Phil Parkinson is keen to land the out-of-contract 29-year-old [Born: 20 July 1987 (age 29 years)]

Rolling Eyes
Perhaps it's to try to make this rumour that was [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] come across like a new story?

Parkinson would be stupid to rush into making any signings before he knows what budget is available but I guess there is an end of season scramble for "news" so they might as well recycle this. I suspect this is the case as there is no direct quote from anyone associated with the club - just assertions by hacks wherever this has been recycled.

Of course it could be true, but I have a feeling it's journalistic license.

879Transfer rumours ! - Page 45 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue May 02 2017, 12:11

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Rolling Eyes
Perhaps it's to try to make this rumour that was [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] come across like a new story?

The big difference being that your link from TWO YEARS ago is speculation from the BOLTON paper and my link is an exclusive from YESTERDAY's, SCOTISH DAILY EXPRESS paper from their lead football writer!!!

You would imagine that the reporter who talks to the player is more informed that than poor old David Pye, who isn't even our regular football reporter on the Bolton Evening News!

Well I would anyway.

880Transfer rumours ! - Page 45 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue May 02 2017, 12:48

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They are journalists Sluffy.
Not the most reliable people when it comes to sorting facts from speculation. Some of them have even created rumours in order to be able to discuss them in subsequent articles and eventually deny them in yet another article all of which churns out the column inches that they get paid for.
And as in this case, if one paper creates a rumour, other papers will repeat the story quoting the first paper as the source (this story was also in the Record and USA Today amongst others)

As I said, this rumour may be true but I'd be surprised if it is.

881Transfer rumours ! - Page 45 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue May 02 2017, 13:17

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'm more looking forward to a bunch of overpaid flops being released before I bother getting excited about any of the the fake transfer speculation.

882Transfer rumours ! - Page 45 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue May 02 2017, 13:23

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

On balance I think Parkinson has been quite astute with the players he's brought in on loan or acquired on the cheap. During the season the opposition have fielded quite a number of players who have caught the eye and if they were available wouldn't cost the earth. I'd normally say wouldn't break the bank, but it's already broken as we know too well.
I can see him going for a few of these players as they would probably prefer to play in a higher division ,with bigger crowds and what ,even for the championship, is a fantastic stadium.
A few of his loanees haven't worked out, but many of them have.
I think he can build a respectable squad from what we've seen this season and give a decent account of ourselves next season.

883Transfer rumours ! - Page 45 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue May 02 2017, 17:50

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Clayton Donaldson on a free transfer.

884Transfer rumours ! - Page 45 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri May 05 2017, 20:04

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Wages permitting, Michael Kightly on a free?

885Transfer rumours ! - Page 45 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue May 09 2017, 17:19

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:Clayton Donaldson on a free transfer.
Do you really believe that could happen Nat?

886Transfer rumours ! - Page 45 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue May 09 2017, 22:05

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's been looked at as he's out of contract at Birmingham.

Another surprise contender is Glenn Murray who wants away from Brighton.

887Transfer rumours ! - Page 45 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue May 09 2017, 23:17

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:He's been looked at as he's out of contract at Birmingham.

Another surprise contender is Glenn Murray who wants away from Brighton.
Both sound interesting on paper at least. I suppose it will (as always) come down to finances but I'm far from certain Murray will really want away given Brighton are now a premiership side unless of course he's been told he's not part of the manager's plans next season. Either man could certainly do a job at Championship level though.

888Transfer rumours ! - Page 45 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed May 10 2017, 13:04

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Around Xmas, KA said that promotion would bring in an additional £6 to £7 million which would give us  a loss of £3 million on current figures, so if he intends to run at break even as stated and there are no new investors the transfer/salary budget could be increased by £3 to £4 million above current levels.

A lot of players are likely to leave, but the likes of Spearing and Wheater will probably expect a salary increase to stay as they now have a promotion on their CVs, so I'm not expecting too much to be available to attract quality. 

We have to operate on a firm financial basis going forward so perhaps the target for next season is no more than survival?

889Transfer rumours ! - Page 45 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed May 10 2017, 13:08

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:perhaps the target for next season is no more than survival?

:facepalm:

Genius. I honestly thought winning the title by February was the goal.

I'm glad you're around to put us all right.

890Transfer rumours ! - Page 45 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed May 10 2017, 14:27

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:perhaps the target for next season is no more than survival?

:facepalm:

Genius. I honestly thought winning the title by February was the goal.

I'm glad you're around to put us all right.
February? Why is it going to take so long? I expect it to be wrapped up by Christmas! Twisted Evil

If not then PP is clearly a failure. Laughing

PS in the 2018/19 season I demand Champion's League Qualification, victory in the FA and League Cups and a profit of 10 billion quid at the very least. Very Happy

(Now where did I put those flipping pills?) :lazy:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 44 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 23 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum