Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The jay spearing fee

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1The jay spearing fee Empty The jay spearing fee Sat Aug 06 2016, 17:17

Dont know if i am missing something or if anyone can point me in the right direction.  

I was under the impression the fee wasnt eligible due to us going down to league 1.  As such i mentioned it to someone online only to get told by some twat bag that we paid the fee.

Can anyone enlighten?

2The jay spearing fee Empty Re: The jay spearing fee Sat Aug 06 2016, 17:18

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

From what I understand, we haven't paid the fee and you are right.

Why would we pay the fee now when we could have done it before and have him help try to keep us up in the Champ?

Doesn't make sense that.

3The jay spearing fee Empty Re: The jay spearing fee Sat Aug 06 2016, 17:21

karlypants wrote:From what I understand, we haven't paid the fee and you are right.

Why would we pay the fee now when we could have done it before and have him help try to keep us up in the Champ?

Doesn't make sense that.

We simply didn't have the money to pay it.

ED had pulled up the drawbridge by that point.

4The jay spearing fee Empty Re: The jay spearing fee Sat Aug 06 2016, 17:24

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The £100k fee was written off by Liverpool when we were relegated.

5The jay spearing fee Empty Re: The jay spearing fee Sat Aug 06 2016, 17:25

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:
karlypants wrote:From what I understand, we haven't paid the fee and you are right.

Doesn't make sense that.

We simply didn't have the money to pay it.

ED had pulled up the drawbridge by that point.
Fair point that.

6The jay spearing fee Empty Re: The jay spearing fee Sat Aug 06 2016, 17:34

Has anyone any links to a news story relating to it.  I cant find anything and the twat bag in question is manning Smile

7The jay spearing fee Empty Re: The jay spearing fee Sat Aug 06 2016, 19:34

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

There were 2 parts to it the fee and the bonuses, we still owed an instalment of the basic fee which is what we paid in the summer, the £100k was a bonus on top of that if he played more than half the league games at championship level or above which would have been on top of the instalment which had to be paid either way.

8The jay spearing fee Empty Re: The jay spearing fee Sun Aug 07 2016, 00:37

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

y2johnny wrote:Has anyone any links to a news story relating to it.  I cant find anything and the twat bag in question is manning Smile

Well I don't think this clarifies much but this is what Iles tweeted today before the match

Question - @MarcIles did they resolve the Spearing £100k then?

Iles - Spearing is fine to play. They paid money months ago.

If however you are getting into deep water with Manning simply tell him what a wonderful match day exclusive scoop his LoV site had when they told the world that we had only actually signed Beevers and all the other new signings were ineligible to play!

They post up any old shit to get people clicking on their site and they are laughing all the way to the bank on the back of stupid folk who believe every word that is said on there.

Funny how close they are with the ST.

:bomb:

9The jay spearing fee Empty Re: The jay spearing fee Sun Aug 07 2016, 03:07

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
y2johnny wrote:Has anyone any links to a news story relating to it.  I cant find anything and the twat bag in question is manning Smile

Well I don't think this clarifies much but this is what Iles tweeted today before the match

If however you are getting into deep water with Manning simply tell him what a wonderful match day exclusive scoop his LoV site had when they told the world that we had only actually signed Beevers and all the other new signings were ineligible to play!

They post up any old shit to get people clicking on their site and they are laughing all the way to the bank on the back of stupid folk who believe every word that is said on there.

I understand that they look like tossers but so what? 
I don't think you should worry about it too much. People are smart enough to work out what's what sooner or later so why not let nature take it's course?

10The jay spearing fee Empty Re: The jay spearing fee Sun Aug 07 2016, 10:58

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

I understand that they look like tossers but so what? 
I don't think you should worry about it too much. People are smart enough to work out what's what sooner or later so why not let nature take it's course?

???

What the fuck are you on about yet again?

I'm not worried about Manning or the LoV!

Never have been, never will.

I was just giving Johnny a bit of 'ammunition' to fire back if Manning was having some sort of internet argument with him.

Not the first time recently you've banged on over something I've simply never said!

Rolling Eyes

11The jay spearing fee Empty Re: The jay spearing fee Sun Aug 07 2016, 11:10

You really can't see it, can you?

12The jay spearing fee Empty Re: The jay spearing fee Sun Aug 07 2016, 11:21

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Breadman wrote:You really can't see it, can you?

Mate, you are on my case all the time now.

If I've somehow upset you for something I've said or done on the internet then I'm sorry.

As I'm obviously not going to be leaving Nuts anytime soon so how about drawing a line under whatever your perceived problem with me is and moving on, for the benefit of both our future enjoyment on here?

13The jay spearing fee Empty Re: The jay spearing fee Sun Aug 07 2016, 11:28

There you go again......dishing out sanctimonious lectures.

You've got a big problem with what you perceive to be "rival" sites whether you'll admit it or not.

Your comments prove it.

That's my problem - You're quick to call others "thick" and you get all judgemental about other people's opinions and criticise them for taking the internet too seriously.....

.....then you post 20 paragraphs about how shit the ST is or how wank LoV and Manning are.

And you can't see the irony.

14The jay spearing fee Empty Re: The jay spearing fee Sun Aug 07 2016, 11:46

Sluffy, you can't go on the way you do and expect not to have the piss taken out of you. You're more than entitled to say what you want on here but you can't just expect people to ignore it.

On your post - I don't know Chris Manning as well as you do, but I seriously doubt he's getting paid big money by SB nation (who will be taking the bulk of the commercial media revenue) to maintain the site. What they choose to post is their business some they get right and some they don't it's amateur journalism and bounce to happen - and I'd bet the majority of posters on here have a read time and again.

15The jay spearing fee Empty Re: The jay spearing fee Sun Aug 07 2016, 11:52

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Breadman wrote:There you go again......dishing out sanctimonious lectures.

You've got a big problem with what you perceive to be "rival" sites whether you'll admit it or not.

Your comments prove it.

That's my problem - You're quick to call others "thick" and you get all judgemental about other people's opinions and criticise them for taking the internet too seriously.....

.....then you post 20 paragraphs about how shit the ST is or how wank LoV and Manning are.

And you can't see the irony.

I can see the irony of a grown up, intelligent man ranting and raving at someone who posted something not to his liking on the internet.

You don't know anything at all about me other than what you chose to interpret from my posts (or perhaps what other people - who also know nothing about me - say about me on the internet).

You've chosen to believe in your head that I've got issues with 'rival' sites and 'Manning' and the 'Supporters Trust' amongst other things.

Well the people who would be better placed to judge if that was indeed the case would be those who I work and chat with behind the scenes at Nuts.

I'm sure they will confirm if you ask them that they are simply not an issue in the slightest and no discussion of them takes place at all!

The perceived issues you believe I have are all simply all in your head.

Indeed contrary to what you believe I have several times even praised Manning on here and have expressed my wish that he would one day like to become a regular poster on Nuts!

The LoV is a click site, Manning is a good forum poster and the ST has been badly managed and continues to be so, are my opinion of the three and I don't think too many can disagree with that assessment.

You however see something sinister in that somehow?

Each to their own and all that but you are simply wrong.

However please continue thinking that way if you wish.

Rolling Eyes

16The jay spearing fee Empty Re: The jay spearing fee Sun Aug 07 2016, 12:11

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

bwfc1874 wrote:Sluffy, you can't go on the way you do and expect not to have the piss taken out of you. You're more than entitled to say what you want on here but you can't just expect people to ignore it.

On your post - I don't know Chris Manning as well as you do, but I seriously doubt he's getting paid big money by SB nation (who will be taking the bulk of the commercial media revenue) to maintain the site. What they choose to post is their business some they get right and some they don't it's amateur journalism and bounce to happen - and I'd bet the majority of posters on here have a read time and again.

I agree that Chris Manning wont be getting a fortune from SB nation and that what he does to get people to click on the LoV, he does well to keep attracting the more gullible to continually return to it.

I also don't mind the piss being taken out of my views (either on here or in real life) but it is coming to something now when a grown man appears to be following me from thread to thread on here to pedal stuff about my so called mental state and perceived obsessional behaviour.

It is an internet footy forum for God sake!

Some amongst us are taking the internet far, far too seriously - and I'm certainly not one of them!

Rolling Eyes

17The jay spearing fee Empty Re: The jay spearing fee Sun Aug 07 2016, 12:17

So it looks like we did pay a fee for him then.  I was sure someone mentioned it wouldnt be applicable if we got relegated.

Nevermind eh!

18The jay spearing fee Empty Re: The jay spearing fee Sun Aug 07 2016, 12:21

Sluffy wrote:I agree that Chris Manning wont be getting a fortune from SB nation and that what he does to get people to click on the LoV, he does well to keep attracting the more gullible to continually return to it.

I'm not a fan of being called thick or gullible if I'm honest. So could you please take a look at the site -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And tell me which stories i'd be 'gullible' to believe.

19The jay spearing fee Empty Re: The jay spearing fee Sun Aug 07 2016, 12:45

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

bwfc1874 wrote:
Sluffy wrote:I agree that Chris Manning wont be getting a fortune from SB nation and that what he does to get people to click on the LoV, he does well to keep attracting the more gullible to continually return to it.

I'm not a fan of being called thick or gullible if I'm honest. So could you please take a look at the site -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And tell me which stories i'd be 'gullible' to believe.

How about this one from Friday for instance?  -

However, it has been alleged  that so far only ONE of our four other signings, believed to be Beevers, is fully registered.  If this is still the case, then Taylor, Proctor and Howard won't be playing on Saturday. They could all play in preseason, as 'trialists' are allowed to play for those games. We will see whether this will be resolved by Saturday, but if they don't get in the field of play, you heard it here first.

Or the one that we deliberately got relegated from the Premier League?

Or Phil Brown was going to be our next manager (World exclusive they claimed for that one!)?

Or Big Sam was going to leave Sunderland to join us?

Or we were definitely going to be liquidated that day.

Or that Anderson had refused to put money into the club.

There's plenty of click bait articles - but I'm sure you know that just as well I and most others do.

Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Sluffy on Sun Aug 07 2016, 13:07; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

20The jay spearing fee Empty Re: The jay spearing fee Sun Aug 07 2016, 12:53

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:I'm not a fan of being called thick or gullible

You must be used to it though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum: