Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Official: Alex Finney leaves Bolton Wanderers

+7
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
luckyPeterpiper
terenceanne
whatsgoingon
Norpig
karlypants
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Alex Finney has left Bolton Wanderers after his contract was cancelled by mutual consent.

The young central defender joined the club from Leyton Orient in the summer of 2014 and would go on to make two senior appearances.

His last outing came during Tuesday evening’s EFL Cup extra time defeat away at Blackpool.

Everyone at Bolton Wanderers would like to wish Alex well in his future career.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Who's stupid idea was this? Absolutely stupid decision, just send him on loan for Gods Sake!

WANDERERS have terminated the contract of defender Alex Finney – just three days after he appeared for the club against Blackpool in the EFL Cup.

The former Leyton Orient centre-half has been on the fringes of the first team squad for the last 12 months and appeared frequently under Phil Parkinson over the summer.

His start in the 4-2 defeat at Bloomfield Road was only his third for the Whites and his first since April but the decision is said to have been made to accommodate a new signing.

Wanderers are under an embargo which limits the number of first team players they can have in their squad, with each incoming deal needing scrutiny from the Football League.

Parkinson is due to give his press conference at lunchtime.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

sorry KP ,just posted the same thing in the news thread, absolutely stupid decision, he's a young lad who had some talent but needed to be developed not thrown out on his arse like this

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:sorry KP ,just posted the same thing in the news thread
No worries mate, now sorted. Smile

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i don't buy the mutual consent part either, a silly decision all round

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

The only thing I can think of is our embargo is based on squad numbers so we needed someone out to bring more in, we're not by all accounts on a strict 1 in 1 out but we may be close to our squad numbers ceiling.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Does it mean that we have another player coming in then ?   or was this in response for that new full back the other day?

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

According to Iles we want two attacking loans in before the deadline, one was Mustafa Carayol which may still be on and a premier league striker loan.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

whatsgoingon wrote:According to Iles we want two attacking loans in before the deadline, one was Mustafa Carayol which may still be on and a premier league striker loan.
 which is all good but why let a good young defensive prospect like Finney go? Surely we could have got rid of someone like Wilkinson who will never get a sniff of the first team

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:
whatsgoingon wrote:According to Iles we want two attacking loans in before the deadline, one was Mustafa Carayol which may still be on and a premier league striker loan.
 which is all good but why let a good young defensive prospect like Finney go? Surely we could have got rid of someone like Wilkinson who will never get a sniff of the first team
Pure speculation but I can only think he was the cheapest to get off the books, you can only get rid if they're prepared to go.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

He may (unlikely I think but possible) have asked to be released. Perhaps he has a prospect of a contract with someone else and Phil thought it was better to let him go rather than try hanging onto a player who doesn't want to stay. Given where we are with the embargo etc it would make sense to let him go if that's what he wants in order to bring someone else in, particularly a striker.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

luckyPeterpiper wrote:He may (unlikely I think but possible) have asked to be released. Perhaps he has a prospect of a contract with someone else and Phil thought it was better to let him go rather than try hanging onto a player who doesn't want to stay. Given where we are with the embargo etc it would make sense to let him go if that's what he wants in order to bring someone else in, particularly a striker.
PP clearly doesn't rate him because he tried sending him on loan to Barrow, not even to a League 2 club so he obviously thinks he's shite.
Beevers and Wheater clean sheet against one of the better teams in our division, Beevers and Finney concede 4 against a L2 team in free fall.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:

He rejected a loan move.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

yes he did but it was Barrow. I wouldn't send my worst enemy to that barren shithole  Very Happy

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He obvs isn't that good if that's the best offer he got

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Finney was just another skinny bloke in a long line of skinny blokes. He will never make it, Parkinson's given him a few games in pre-season and the lad hasn't stepped up.

For the record, being young doesn't mean you will one day turn into Paolo Maldini.

You try telling that to Paolo Maldini.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:You try telling that to Paolo Maldini.

Good point.

I'm leaving the site in shame.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Breadman wrote:You try telling that to Paolo Maldini.

Good point.

I'm leaving the site in shame.
Laughing

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Don't worry, I'm back. Glad I didn't delete my account.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum