Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NFL's back again.

+18
xmiles
karlypants
observer
wanderlust
Sluffy
Hip Priest
Bread2.0
boltonbonce
Norpig
Fabians Right Peg
finlaymcdanger
Soul Kitchen
Copper Dragon
Natasha Whittam
whatsgoingon
DEANO82
scottjames30
Boggersbelief
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 32 ... 48  Next

Go down  Message [Page 17 of 48]

331NFL's back again. - Page 18 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Tue Jan 09 2018, 16:09

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was wondering where you'd gone Fab, glad to see you back, who's your money on for the Superbowl then?

332NFL's back again. - Page 18 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Tue Jan 09 2018, 18:22

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fabians Right Peg wrote:
Norpig wrote:A great win for the Steelers over the Packers, a close game decided with a last second field goal, sorry Fab

Eagles and Patriots keep rolling on and i am very impressed with the Rams, they had a great win over the Saints.

Even Bonceys team the Bills managed a win against the fast fading Chiefs  Very Happy

Not our year this time round, hopefully we will be able to strengthen in the draft tis time round.

Just got back from the US amazing how many patriot fans there are wandering around Florida, guess they are the man u of NFL.
Don't be saying that - I have a soft spot for the Pats. When I first started watching I didn't really have a particular team although I sort of followed Tom Landry's Cowboys as I worked for a Texas based company in the '70s
and Joe Montana's '49ers because my mate is from SF. I've followed the Pats out of sympathy since they clawed their way via a wild card into the Super Bowl only to get battered by the Bears when the Fridge literally ran over the Pat's linebacker and got a TD. Unforgettable. They were bobbins for donkey's years and now that they are finally having success they are Scum all of a sudden? Harsh.
That said, I want them to win again this year so Brady can break the all time record for championship wins. Not confident they will despite making it to the divisionals. Mind you, I wasn't that confident when they were 28 - 3 down in the third quarter last year.

333NFL's back again. - Page 18 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Sun Jan 14 2018, 11:06

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Patriots eased in to the Divisional final beating the Titans easily while the Eagles beat the Falcons but was a lot closer.

Big game tonight for my team the Steelers vs the Jaguars and the Vikings vs the Saints later on.

334NFL's back again. - Page 18 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Sun Jan 14 2018, 15:54

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Steelers v Jags is a hard one to call - depends on whether or not the Jags defence can lock down the Steelers IMO. Should be a good game.

335NFL's back again. - Page 18 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Jan 15 2018, 08:35

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm sulking now as the Jaguars beat the Steelers, the Steelers started very slowly and the Jags were 21-0 up early on and they just couldn't keep up with them  Mad.

The Vikings vs Saints game was entertaining and went to the last play with the Viking just coming out on top. Can the Vikings become the first team to play a Superbowl in their own stadium?

336NFL's back again. - Page 18 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Jan 15 2018, 14:10

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

How the Vikings got that last second TD I'll never know. WTF was Williams doing? An easy tackle that would have finished off the game in the Saints favour and it looked as if he closed his eyes and threw himself at Diggs and missed. Diggs couldn't believe it, Keenum couldn't believe it, I can't believe it.

337NFL's back again. - Page 18 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Jan 22 2018, 15:27

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tom Brady does it again with 2 fourth quarter TD throws but what about the defensive play from Gilmore to save the day? Outstanding. 
Expected more from the Vikings after they started well, but all credit to Foles who answered all his critics and put the Eagles into the SB.
I know a lot of folk on here don't like the Pats, but you have admire Brady. 
It will be a very competitive SB but there's no way it can match last year's spectacle, still it will be interesting to see how/if the Pats cope with the Eagles running game - and how the Eagles cope with Brady. Bring it on.

338NFL's back again. - Page 18 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Jan 22 2018, 15:33

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was cheering on the Jags but you could just tell that the Patriots would reign them in eventually, they just ground them down but you are right about Gilmore, it was a great play.
I'll definitely be an Eagles fan for the Superbowl, looking forward to it now, i've booked off the Monday at work so i can stay up and watch the while thing this year.

339NFL's back again. - Page 18 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Wed Jan 24 2018, 15:40

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:I was cheering on the Jags but you could just tell that the Patriots would reign them in eventually, they just ground them down but you are right about Gilmore, it was a great play.
I'll definitely be an Eagles fan for the Superbowl, looking forward to it now, i've booked off the Monday at work so i can stay up and watch the while thing this year.
The vast majority will be rooting for the Eagles but after Foles' performance I doubt they'll be the underdogs, especially as their defence and running game is so strong. If Foles holds up, they'll be strong in just about every department and will have all the tools needed to beat the Pats. And I think they will, but that said you can't write off Brady, especially if he has Gronk back as expected.
TBH I'll be happy whoever wins if it's a good game.

340NFL's back again. - Page 18 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Thu Feb 01 2018, 13:50

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anyone else staying up to watch the Superbowl? I've booked the Monday off as i don't want a repeat of last year when i went to bed at half time thinking the Falcons would win easily....

341NFL's back again. - Page 18 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Thu Feb 01 2018, 13:58

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'll book the Monday off........oh,hang on......I'm unemployed. cheers

342NFL's back again. - Page 18 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Feb 05 2018, 09:29

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tired.....but what a game!

343NFL's back again. - Page 18 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Feb 05 2018, 13:15

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Excellent game even though I was flagging towards the end. Great call for the Foles TD and a worthy win. Thought Brady had a nightmare overall especially at the beginning when he overthrew every pass.

344NFL's back again. - Page 18 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Tue Feb 06 2018, 10:58

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It was a great game, glad i stayed up to watch, i did need a very strong coffee at half time though.

Glad to see the Eagles won, they deserved it, that play when Foles caught the TD pass was reason enough for me. It will be interesting to see what happen to Foles now as surely he won't want to go back to being a back up QB next season. Lots of teams will be after him i bet.

345NFL's back again. - Page 18 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Tue Feb 06 2018, 12:36

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:It will be interesting to see what happen to Foles now as surely he won't want to go back to being a back up QB next season. Lots of teams will be after him i bet.
He's a SB winner now so he holds all the cards. I see no reason why he can't sit on the bench and collect his paycheck for a while waiting for the right opportunity to come along. Why rush into anything?  Sooner or later some team will get desperate enough to pay stupid money for him. Given Brady's age, it's not impossible that the Pats might be that desperate team.

On that note I think it's the end of the Pats' era. Brady will be 41 and was poor in the SB overall by his standards, they traded their best back up, Bellichick doesn't seem to have the buy-in he once had from his squad and I feel a change is in the air - maybe next year if they have a poor season.

346NFL's back again. - Page 18 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Fri Apr 20 2018, 08:49

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Open sale tickets for the NFL games at Wembley this year go on sale on the 1st May at 10am if anyone is interested. We are fancying the Super Bowl winners the Eagles vs the Jaguars on October 28th.

Last edited by Norpig on Fri Apr 20 2018, 09:03; edited 1 time in total

347NFL's back again. - Page 18 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Fri Apr 20 2018, 09:00

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:Open sale tickets for the NFL games at Wembley this year go on sale on the 1st Mayn at 10am if anyone is interested. We are fancying the Super Bowl winners the Eagles vs the Jaguars on October 28th.

I think that’s the one for me too, Norpig. Definitely going to one of the games

348NFL's back again. - Page 18 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Fri Apr 20 2018, 09:03

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

so you'll put us up then before the game?  Very Happy

349NFL's back again. - Page 18 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Tue May 01 2018, 11:14

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tickets booked just now for the Titans vs Chargers at Wembley, wanted the Eagles vs Jaguars really but i was a bit late getting on to Ticketmaster and they had no family tickets left. Still looking forward to it though, 2 new teams to see  Very Happy

350NFL's back again. - Page 18 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Thu Sep 06 2018, 13:32

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

New season starts tonight with a great game in prospect between the Superbowl winners the Eagles take on the hotly tipped Falcons

My team the Steelers have a tricky start against the much changed Browns who will surprise a few teams this season and will win a few games i reckon.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 48]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 32 ... 48  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum