Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 0-2 Oxford

+22
MickTheMonkey
Norpig
Jack Russell
doffcocker
sunlight
bryan458
Bwfc1958
JAH
wanderlust
Cajunboy
Bollotom2014
Bread2.0
Natasha Whittam
Fabians Right Peg
scottjames30
karlypants
gloswhite
terenceanne
King Bill
rammywhite
boltonbonce
MartinBWFC
26 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 9]

91Bolton 0-2 Oxford - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Oxford Sun Oct 02 2016, 13:42

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

What did Parkinson thought of this weeks `performance`?

92Bolton 0-2 Oxford - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Oxford Sun Oct 02 2016, 14:01

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I took an eight year old to his very first game yesterday.

When he got home he threw up. Just about sums up the match.

93Bolton 0-2 Oxford - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Oxford Sun Oct 02 2016, 14:04

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

You'd be better off taking a ten year old from now on.

In a hip flask.

94Bolton 0-2 Oxford - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Oxford Sun Oct 02 2016, 14:06

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bread2.0 wrote:You'd be better off taking a ten year old from now on.

In a hip flask.

I often look around and wonder why parents waste money taking young kids to games. It's shit for adults, so why wouldn't it be anything but shit for kids.

The little girl who sometimes sits next to me enjoys taking her socks off, then putting them back on, more than she enjoys the game.

95Bolton 0-2 Oxford - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Oxford Sun Oct 02 2016, 14:09

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bread2.0 wrote:You'd be better off taking a ten year old from now on.

In a hip flask.
The little bastard ran up the WSU steps at a rate of knots,urging me to move faster.

He'll soon come to his senses.

Nat makes a decent point about kids. Those around me spend most of the game texting,or stuffing their faces.

96Bolton 0-2 Oxford - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Oxford Sun Oct 02 2016, 14:12

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Maybe it's the mums and dads who want to watch the game and just drag the kids along as they have no babysitter? Very Happy

97Bolton 0-2 Oxford - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Oxford Sun Oct 02 2016, 14:13

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

My mate used to take his daughter but that was only because he wound up being a weekend dad after his wife had an affair with her boss, so he had no choice.

He couldn't really pick her up in the morning then dump her on his parents while he went to the match so she started coming to the match.

And it was shit.

She hated it, my mate couldn't have a drink, none of us could swear and it put a real downer on things.

All because his wife couldn't keep her knickers on...

98Bolton 0-2 Oxford - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Oxford Sun Oct 02 2016, 14:14

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wore short pants and a school cap once,in an attempt to get in cheap.

I think my pipe gave me away.

99Bolton 0-2 Oxford - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Oxford Sun Oct 02 2016, 14:26

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I'm back to my old hopes that Ken turns around a sells the club again. Maybe to that Asian group rumored to be interested.
5 games ago all were happy...... Parky was Ken's man...the man he wanted ...BEN and others all smiles because we signed a bunch of players in the window.
5 games later it's Parky out and all shite all around......you gotz to love football. Very Happy

100Bolton 0-2 Oxford - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Oxford Sun Oct 02 2016, 15:37

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I can't put into words just how bad yesterday was and yes Parkinson takes the rap, however turn the clock back and it was Lennon who was clueless no it was Freeman surely he was pants, Coyle sucked remember, through all of this the constant factor is actually the PLAYERS.

Ok we have to buy at the left over table, that again is no excuse look at Bury & Scunthorpe doesn't stop them.

Our established players do not deliver, Pratley, Mavies, Moxey, Trotter even Spearing with his pedigree can't deliver, then you look at the youth well most have been moved on, but Vela and even Clough they do not add value they think they are better than they have proved to be.

Other than the centre halves no one is pulling his weight. We play with ten men because we carry Trotter, sometimes 9 men because we carry Vela, no movement, no guile in midfield no width, leaves us impotent, no one runs from deep, no one drives midfield like say Mcateer did. 

The strikers are sub standard they are 1 in 5 men at best, presently we are in relegation form in this league even shit teams can put a winning run together, if we can do that then we will be ok if not then Saturday becomes a reality and a marker for the future.

101Bolton 0-2 Oxford - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Oxford Sun Oct 02 2016, 15:46

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wessy wrote:I can't put into words just how bad yesterday was and yes Parkinson takes the rap, however turn the clock back and it was Lennon who was clueless no it was Freeman surely he was pants, Coyle sucked remember, through all of this the constant factor is actually the PLAYERS.

Ok we have to buy at the left over table, that again is no excuse look at Bury & Scunthorpe doesn't stop them.

Our established players do not deliver, Pratley, Mavies, Moxey, Trotter even Spearing with his pedigree can't deliver, then you look at the youth well most have been moved on, but Vela and even Clough they do not add value they think they are better than they have proved to be.

Other than the centre halves no one is pulling his weight. We play with ten men because we carry Trotter, sometimes 9 men because we carry Vela, no movement, no guile in midfield no width, leaves us impotent, no one runs from deep, no one drives midfield like say Mcateer did. 

The strikers are sub standard they are 1 in 5 men at best, presently we are in relegation form in this league even shit teams can put a winning run together, if we can do that then we will be ok if not then Saturday becomes a reality and a marker for the future.
You make a valid point regards to Bury and Scunthorpe, they must have some scouts out far and wide searching for lower league players, and it's paying off, ok no-one knows how long they have been moulding them but moulded they have done.

Successive managers have gone down the tried and trusted player route, and clearly this has not worked, I'm still in the give Parky time camp, as I do feel the players he has drafted in will gel eventually, but if nothings changed by Christmas, I will be in the majority in wanting him gone.

Some will be up in arms if we lose to Bury, and that I feel will be his acid test, no Bolton fan wants to get beat by little old Bury, and it will be how we perform against them that will turn the fans heads one way or another.

102Bolton 0-2 Oxford - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Oxford Sun Oct 02 2016, 16:25

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wessy wrote:I can't put into words just how bad yesterday was and yes Parkinson takes the rap, however turn the clock back and it was Lennon who was clueless no it was Freeman surely he was pants, Coyle sucked remember, through all of this the constant factor is actually the PLAYERS.

I'm glad somebody else has had a look at it from this angle.

We're just going exactly the same way as endless other clubs that have had their glory days in the Prem. A few shit signings and a bad run, and everybody wants the guy gone, and then we start the cycle all over again with somebody else.

I've been to most games this season and am far from impressed. But you have to draw the line somewhere. I mean let's suppose in six years time, we've been through six managers in as many seasons and are still shit. People will still be blaming it on whoever the manager is at that time. But you'd have to be really unlucky to have six bad managers in succession.

For the record, the majority of Bury fans thought Flitcroft was bloody hopeless last season. Wonder what their thoughts are now.

103Bolton 0-2 Oxford - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Oxford Sun Oct 02 2016, 17:03

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:I'm glad somebody else has had a look at it from this angle.

Scary that someone else thinks like you.

104Bolton 0-2 Oxford - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Oxford Sun Oct 02 2016, 23:00

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I'm not blaming Parky totally as of yet ......many on here wanted a manager with League One experience. That's what you got.......
He was offered the job despite interest from other name brand managers (supposedly).
So be careful what you wish for ....you might just get it.
I can't see a fix in the near future ....even if Ken bins Parky .....we are still stuck with the same players. I imagine the axe will fall after Christmas but then what...I have no idea.

105Bolton 0-2 Oxford - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Oxford Sun Oct 02 2016, 23:02

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:
doffcocker wrote:I'm glad somebody else has had a look at it from this angle.

Scary that someone else thinks like you.
Tell you what is scary Nat, you gave people on here real stick over being negative, yet at this point you are the most negative poster on here. take a look at your recent comments on the predictions on the betting competition and comments on the match analysis.

just a tad OTT.

106Bolton 0-2 Oxford - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Oxford Mon Oct 03 2016, 16:12

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

When I and others said we wouldn't be top of the league & unbeaten for long, I don't think any of us thought we'd go on a run as bad as this despite the signs being there all along. Without an attacking threat despite using all our strikers yesterday, we're always going to struggle and that is the core of the problem I reckon. Some of the players released are starting to look a lot better than what we have and I still think that letting so many kids go was criminal but we are where we are. Parkinson will be around for a while but he has to turn this around quickly if he wants to avoid the nastiness some of our previous managers were put through. I really hope he gets it together and soon.

107Bolton 0-2 Oxford - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Oxford Mon Oct 03 2016, 16:39

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I was warning of caution after the 4 wins because we were in a completely false position pro-rata to the performances and the squad and felt it could work against us by raising expectations artificially, but like you didn't see the iceberg being quite so catastrophic.
I always try to back managers and give them a chance but I don't see anything in Parkinson to lead me to believe he is the right man.
I was optimistic when he came in that his experience in this league and pragmatic approach might be what we needed but he seems tactically inept but more damning he seems over cautious to the point of complete negativity.
There is no way we should be going out scared of anybody in this division but we seem to be setting out to contain every game.
I can't see in the current set up where improvement is coming from, and even referring back to our good start doesn't inspire that much confidence.
Worrying times as far as I'm concerned.

108Bolton 0-2 Oxford - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Oxford Mon Oct 03 2016, 16:49

whatsgoingon wrote:I was warning of caution after the 4 wins because we were in a completely false position pro-rata to the performances and the squad and felt it could work against us by raising expectations artificially, but like you didn't see the iceberg being quite so catastrophic.
After reading the fleetwood match thread and then the charlton one i cant find any evidence of you airing caution.  So unless you did it as another account, stop rewriting history to make yourself sound right.

109Bolton 0-2 Oxford - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Oxford Mon Oct 03 2016, 16:56

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

whatsgoingon wrote:I was warning of caution after the 4 wins because we were in a completely false position

You lying shite! Johnny beat me to it, but you just made that up. You were part of the happy clappers.

110Bolton 0-2 Oxford - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Oxford Mon Oct 03 2016, 17:00

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Johnny and Whittam just made WGO look like a right knob.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum