You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IV

Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IV

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 21 of 24]

601 Re: Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IV on Tue May 23 2017, 14:53

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
If you haven't seen him in 'The Man Who Haunted Himself', do so as soon as you can.

602 Re: Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IV on Tue May 23 2017, 15:32

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
R.I.P.

603 Re: Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IV on Tue May 23 2017, 16:04

Cajunboy

avatar
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
I feel numb after the events in Manchester.

He was 89 and had a charmed life.

Life is such a lottery.

604 Re: Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IV on Wed May 24 2017, 16:35

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Just checked out our new website. Not bad.

605 Re: Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IV on Thu May 25 2017, 14:15

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Just had an email from the BBC. I'll get a refund on everything I've bought,or an amazon video voucher.
Bit of a pain though.

Sadly, we have taken the difficult decision to close BBC Store on 1st November 2017.

606 Re: Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IV on Fri May 26 2017, 13:34

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Just bought a stag Christmas themed bedding set from Amazon.

Nothing like starting early. Very Happy

607 Re: Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IV on Fri May 26 2017, 13:51

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
karlypants wrote:Just bought a stag Christmas themed bedding set from Amazon.

Nothing like starting early. Very Happy
You need to post a link. I may be interested in buying one.
It'll make a change from my Brucie duvet.

https://www.redbubble.com/people/mags0412/works/23915770-bruce-forsyth?grid_pos=14&p=duvet-cover&rbs=9d75b5f0-bb51-4813-ab65-3428be5f9f53

608 Re: Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IV on Fri May 26 2017, 13:54

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01LVXQQ0F/?tag=ho01f-21

609 Re: Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IV on Fri May 26 2017, 13:55

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
boltonbonce wrote:
karlypants wrote:Just bought a stag Christmas themed bedding set from Amazon.

Nothing like starting early. Very Happy
You need to post a link. I may be interested in buying one.
It'll make a change from my Brucie duvet.

https://www.redbubble.com/people/mags0412/works/23915770-bruce-forsyth?grid_pos=14&p=duvet-cover&rbs=9d75b5f0-bb51-4813-ab65-3428be5f9f53
I do find it quite disturbing that merchandise like this is available. Shocked

610 Re: Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IV on Fri May 26 2017, 14:02

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
karlypants wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:
karlypants wrote:Just bought a stag Christmas themed bedding set from Amazon.

Nothing like starting early. Very Happy
You need to post a link. I may be interested in buying one.
It'll make a change from my Brucie duvet.

https://www.redbubble.com/people/mags0412/works/23915770-bruce-forsyth?grid_pos=14&p=duvet-cover&rbs=9d75b5f0-bb51-4813-ab65-3428be5f9f53
I do find it quite disturbing that merchandise like this is available. Shocked
Razz
I've got a door mat too. Wallpaper next.

611 Re: Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IV on Sun May 28 2017, 13:53

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I love the work of David Sedaris,and this always has me on the floor.

612 Re: Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IV on Mon May 29 2017, 15:37

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Hamerton Zoo,in Cambridgeshire, evacuated after 'very serious incident'. Air ambulance on scene.

613 Re: Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IV on Mon May 29 2017, 19:46

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

614 Re: Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IV on Mon May 29 2017, 20:34

Bread2.0

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Coke does indeed keep you thin.

Just not that kind of coke.....

615 Re: Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IV on Mon May 29 2017, 21:06

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Pepsi has kept me in tip-top condition.

616 Re: Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IV on Mon May 29 2017, 21:31

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
boltonbonce wrote:Hamerton Zoo,in Cambridgeshire, evacuated after 'very serious incident'. Air ambulance on scene.
Zookeeper killed by tiger.

Not a great way to go. Shocked

617 Re: Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IV on Tue May 30 2017, 12:24

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Sad day at work today. The bloke I've worked with for the past ten years has been made redundant as part of a cost cutting exercise.
They now want me to do his job,and my own.
When I asked if I'd be getting extra hours,they replied in the negative.
I called our boss a tw@t to his face last month,and he's not giving me any reasons to regret it.
I get the feeling he wants me out as well.
Hey-ho.

618 Re: Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IV on Tue May 30 2017, 13:31

Norpig

avatar
Jussi Jääskeläinen
Jussi Jääskeläinen
are you planning on retiring soon Boncey? Bet you can't wait if work sounds as bad as that.

619 Re: Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IV on Tue May 30 2017, 14:34

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Norpig wrote:are you planning on retiring soon Boncey? Bet you can't wait if work sounds as bad as that.
Not really the type to retire.

I've known too many blokes who've retired,only to drop dead within weeks.

My job has me outdoors in all weathers,so I suppose my body will tell me when enough is enough.

620 Re: Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IV on Tue May 30 2017, 14:38

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
boltonbonce wrote:My job has me outdoors in all weathers

Tell your boss to hire another scarecrow.

621 Re: Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IV on Tue May 30 2017, 14:39

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Natasha Whittam wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:My job has me outdoors in all weathers

Tell your boss to hire another scarecrow.
:rofl:

Actually,you're not far wrong. As far as my dress sense goes.

622 Re: Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IV on Tue May 30 2017, 14:42

Bread2.0

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
boltonbonce wrote:Sad day at work today. The bloke I've worked with for the past ten years has been made redundant as part of a cost cutting exercise.
They now want me to do his job,and my own.

They can't do that.

People don't get made redundant, roles do.

So if his work still needs doing, his role patently wasn't redundant.

Tell 'em to fuck off and tell your mate to go and see an employment lawyer.

623 Re: Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IV on Tue May 30 2017, 14:47

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Bread2.0 wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:Sad day at work today. The bloke I've worked with for the past ten years has been made redundant as part of a cost cutting exercise.
They now want me to do his job,and my own.

They can't do that.

People don't get made redundant, roles do.

So if his work still needs doing, his role patently wasn't redundant.

Tell 'em to fuck off and tell your mate to go and see an employment lawyer.
Sadly,it was voluntary. They asked him to go,and he decided he'd had enough of them,so he took his redundancy money and left.
He's past retirement age,his mortgage is paid off,and he has two decent private pensions,so he's not too bothered.

624 Re: Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IV on Tue May 30 2017, 14:55

Bread2.0

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Fair enough but they still can't fold his workload in with yours.

Not without 90 days' statutory notice to you of impending fundamental changes to your terms & conditions.

And if they don't make adequate provision to recompense you for the extra workload, you can still reject their terms and tell 'em to fuck of.

It might be a bit tricky if it's deemed "critical to the business' viability" but they can't just save his wage and lump his shit on you.

Seriously, I'd go and see someone professional.

625 Re: Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IV on Tue May 30 2017, 15:04

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
These guys don't seem to know what they're doing.
One of our lads quit one afternoon before Christmas,dropped dead from a massive heart attack the same night,and five weeks later they were still paying him. Ructions over that.
To make it worse,the guy who took his place noticed,after being on the job five weeks,that his pay hadn't gone into his bank.
He phoned head office,only to be told that they had no record of his employment. More ructions.
They lurch from one shambles to another. No one is perfect,but I'd gladly settle for competent.

626 Re: Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IV on Tue May 30 2017, 15:25

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I've just fallen off my office chair,and I'm afraid it's beyond repair. Looks like another visit to amazon is on the cards.
Luckily,I came out of it unscathed.
Not sure if I should go for a cheap and cheerful chair,or splash out.

627 Re: Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IV on Tue May 30 2017, 16:29

Cajunboy

avatar
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
Splash out.

Time is running out.

Make the most of your last few years.

628 Re: Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IV on Tue May 30 2017, 16:42

Cajunboy

avatar
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

629 Re: Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IV on Tue May 30 2017, 16:43

Cajunboy

avatar
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

630 Re: Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IV on Tue May 30 2017, 16:47

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Try to be serious,and this is what you get. Very Happy

When my new chair arrives,I'll be giving it a thorough examination. :cop:

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 21 of 24]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum