Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 3-1 Port Vale - Match Report Post #50

+16
karlypants
NickFazer
Numpty 28723
wessy
rammywhite
Fabians Right Peg
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
MartinBWFC
boltonbonce
Norpig
Reebok Trotter
gloswhite
bryan458
whatsgoingon
wanderlust
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

MartinBWFC wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:Just leaving. Great stuff. Vale fans a bot of an embarrassment.
What did they do Bonce?

Probably singing in that shit accent.

King Bill

King Bill
David Lee
David Lee

They spat their dummies out when they thought the ball had gone out of play just before we scored our second. 
Looked in play to me.

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Great performance today, whole team played well, special mentions to Ameobi and Madine who I thought were excellent.

Could have been 5 or 6 easily.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Home at last. Trying to post on my phone in the car is beyond me.

The Vale fans got narked because they claimed the ball went out of play in the build up to our second goal.

It all kicked off from that.

From the WSU,the ball was in play.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We were excellent for 60 minutes, shit for the last 30.

On the plus side, Madine was superb although he's still fooking useless in front of goal.

Vela was excellent, he supported Madine superbly.

Highly impressed with Derek, who kept it simple and kept the ball moving.

On the negative side I just don't get Ameobi, he looks like he could be dangerous but his actual contribution is virtually zero. He seems to beat a man then get the ball stuck under his legs most of the time.

Clough took his goal well but he plays too wide and isn't involved enough.

Good win, but I'd be surprised if we see a team give us so much time on the ball again this season.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Only Nat could put a negative spin on 6 wins on the bounce

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Only Nat could put a negative spin on 6 wins on the bounce

I was commenting on this game, it's what you do on the match thread.

We were good for 60 minutes, poor for 30. The opposition were extremely poor.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Firsst half was the best we've played this season, everyone was excellent and it was like a training game. Second half we eased off but i would have liked to see us keep a clean sheet.

The whole team played well but i thought Madine was excellent and deserved a goal, Derik was outstanding and i thought, unlike Nat, that Ameobi was great as well. He ran at their defence and always had a trick

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I though Ameobe was great today, he is unusual, different defences don't like that plus he puts a shift in, he showed a lot of skill and was a major influence in why we started so well.

A shame we didn't continue for the full 90 minutes but it was a very good performances.

I think those who under estimate Scunthorpe are fools the biggest indicator in any league top or bottom is goal difference they are 11 goals better than the next best Bolton.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Even Trotter played well today!!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:i thought, unlike Nat, that Ameobi was great as well. He ran at their defence and always had a trick

wessy wrote:I though Ameobe was great today, he is unusual, different defences don't like that plus he puts a shift in, he showed a lot of skill and was a major influence in why we started so well.

He had no end product.

Yes, he runs at defenders, but how many times did he get clear of them? Just once, and he put in a poor cross which their keeper managed to palm into the path of Vela for the second goal.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

sorry Nat you are talking out your arse on this one, he was excellent today

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:sorry Nat you are talking out your arse on this one, he was excellent today

Answer the question, how many times did he create something?

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

He created Velas goal 

Whilst Derick was at fault for the vale goal.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

almost every time he picked up the ball i reckon, he ran at their defence consistently and was a real handful,he always seemed to beat a man and go on. Couple that with his work rate and tracking back, he was excellent today
Stick to shit non league football at Chorley, they probably play football you will understand better

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:He created Velas goal 

By putting in a shit cross that the keeper palmed out straight to Vela.

Technically he may get the assist, but I'd already stated that's the only thing he did all the game.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:almost every time he picked up the ball i reckon, he ran at their defence consistently

I don't disagree with that statement, and he often beat the first man, but only to either lose the ball between his clowns feet or get tackled.

Credit for pushing forward and keeping the opposition on the back foot, but we need quality, not runners.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Found this on a Vale site. They've got to be joking. Razz

also credit to the singing group fans in the bottom corner today you get a lot of bad press for drink behaviour etc but you gave pride to vale today and were louder than their fans nice one for making the day a bit more enjoyable shame the players couldnt have some of your pride.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They just seemed to bang the blue gate in front of them for half an hour.

Productive.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Report: Bolton 3-1 Port Vale

IN BRIEF

Wanderers made it six wins on the spin in all competitions with a 3-1 victory over Port Vale at Macron Stadium on Saturday afternoon.

Phil Parkinson’s men made their mark early on in the clash, with Zach Clough opening the scoring with a thunderous effort from 20 yards inside seven minutes while Josh Vela doubled Bolton’s advantage just five minutes later when firing home halfway inside the area.

The dream start continued for the Trotters, with Lawrie Wilson’s unstoppable volley from 30 yards in the 16th minute leaving the Vale keeper with absolutely no chance.

The visitors did pull a goal back with 16 minutes remaining through Sam Hart who nodded home from close range, but it proved to be scant consolation at the final whistle as the Whites ran out comfortable winners.

TEAM NEWS

Wanderers were originally unchanged from the victory over Bury earlier in the week, but a late injury to captain Jay Spearing saw Liam Trotter come into the fray just before kick-off.

The late amendment to the teamsheet saw David Wheater don the armband, while Alex Perry took his place on the Whites’ bench.

FIRST HALF

Bolton started brightly, with Josh Vela slamming a half volley just wide of the mark inside the opening minute of the clash after good work from Gary Madine.

The visitors were soon enjoying a spell of pressure of their own their own, but the Whites were soon ahead in the clash courtesy of a superb Clough solo effort.

Collecting the ball around 25 yards out from goal, the little man took a touch before unleashing an unstoppable shot into the top corner of Jak Alnwick’s net.

A lightening start to proceedings for the Trotters, their advantage was doubled with just 12 minutes gone as Ameobi shrugged off the challenge of a Vale defender, powered to the six yard box along the by-line and tried his luck from a tight angle.

Seeing his effort parried by the Valiants’ keeper, the ball fell kindly for Vela who thundered it into the back of the net to the delight of the home faithful.

And it was three just minutes later, with Wilson putting his name in the running for the club’s Goal of the Season accolade with a sumptuous volley from all of 35 yards - Macron Stadium simply couldn’t believe what was happening!

Vale were visibly stunned beyond belief, while Wanderers weren’t resting on their laurels despite their impressive lead with Ameobi in the thick of it for the home side at the first period reached its halfway point.

Frustration was evident for the visitors too, with a number of clumsy and rash challenges leading to a handful of cards for Bruno Ribeiro’s side.

It was very nearly a fourth with eight minutes of the half remaining, only for Alnwick to somehow scramble Gary Madine’s audacious flicked effort away for a corner kick.

Wanderers looked likely to add to their tally with each passing attack, with Wheater’s deft header from six yards ensuring that Alnwick was on his guard.

Vale simply couldn’t contain Bolton, with Wilson’s pass across goal somehow eluding three bodies inside the six yard box as the clock ran down to half time.

It seemed hard to comprehend as to how the Whites’ lead wasn’t greater, but it remained just the three at the break.

SECOND HALF

With no changes for the Whites at the break, they got proceedings back underway and carried on where they left off with Vale soon on the back foot.

Although not quite matching up to the frenetic manner of the first period, Wanderers were running play for the most part with the Valiants having to defend in their numbers in a bid to keep the scoreline down.

The visitors were seeing more Bolton territory in the second period than they had previously, but Bolton were calmly dealing with each and every instance of this.

Mark Howard was called upon to make his first save of the game meanwhile just after the hour mark, with the keeper tipping Sam Kelly’s header over the crossbar with a goal seemingly imminent. 

Up the other end meanwhile, Madine saw his shot from a matter of yards out somehow trickle wide of the mark after superb work from Andrew Taylor on the left flank.

Although the pace of the clash had visibly dropped, Wanderers still looked dangerous on the break with Clough unable to turn the ball home following a mazy run in the box with a forest of Vale defender in his way.

With just 16 minutes of the clash remaining though, the visitors managed to pull a goal back through Hart who scrambled the ball home at the back post from Ryan Taylor’s cross.

Visibly a little buoyed at finding the net, Vale were almost undone again just minutes later as some last ditch defending stopped Madine’s effort from crossing the line with Alnwick beaten.

The clock was ticking down to full time as speed, while Wanderers were needing to be on their toes as the Valiants looked to force a grand-stand finish to proceedings at Macron Stadium as Anthony de Freitas’ header had Howard panicking.

With three minutes of additional time added on, substitute James Henry tried his luck from distance only to be denied by the Vale keeper, but it did not matter at the final whistle as the points were firmly Wanderers'.

FULL TIME

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum