Bolton Wanderers Fans Forum


You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Brexit - A new twist!

Brexit - A new twist!

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 7 of 9]

181 Re: Brexit - A new twist! on Thu Feb 23 2017, 16:47

okocha

avatar
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
A metaphorical armageddon, picked up and used by TV and newspapers of all persuasions alike, as you well know. Cameron even spoke of WW3 (!) in a failed attempt to put the fear of God into us. His miscalculation cost him his job, quite rightly.

But Glos is right:-let's not go down this road again. Both sides lied and exaggerated so as to leave the public unsure of what might be the truth and so which way to vote. Too little honest and trustworthy detail provided. Early outcomes have not produced the doom and gloom forecast......but there is still plenty of time, especially with the delightful Juncker around!

182 Re: Brexit - A new twist! on Thu Feb 23 2017, 17:00

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Super Toastie, Pepsi and a four pack of Twirls still the same price as pre-Brexit.

Until they start to rise I won't believe a word the Remainers say.

183 Re: Brexit - A new twist! on Thu Feb 23 2017, 18:08

gloswhite

avatar
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
xmiles wrote:
gloswhite wrote:What they and others actually said was that leaving the EU could lead to inflation, unemployment and recession.


And they leavers said that the NHS could receive up to 350M did they not ?  (lets not go down this road again)  Very Happy

Unfortunately the brexiteers did not say could. They just lied about the £350m. See the actual quotes from them here:

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwio55LNy6bSAhWEAcAKHeYnC2sQFggtMAM&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.quora.com%2FWhat-exactly-did-the-Leave-proponents-promise-regarding-the-%25C2%25A3350-million-per-week&usg=AFQjCNFQAUbMRWUiJ6O0tJ6oaASgHTAoZw&sig2=RXB51ZUTskzXxXOrStD6Pw
 I knew you'd bite.  Very Happy

184 Re: Brexit - A new twist! on Fri Feb 24 2017, 17:21

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Natasha Whittam wrote:Super Toastie, Pepsi and a four pack of Twirls still the same price as pre-Brexit.

Until they start to rise I won't believe a word the Remainers say.
I do hope that's not Warby's super toastie you are referring to?

When I worked there as a student the big mute guy used to wipe his snot and god knows what else on the dough balls just before they went in the prover. 
Haven't touched Warby's bread since because of the high bodily fluids content. 
More bukkake than bakery.

185 Re: Brexit - A new twist! on Sun Feb 26 2017, 11:17

Bread2.0

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

186 Re: Brexit - A new twist! on Sun Feb 26 2017, 12:40

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I saw this and also the articles about other corporate billionaires who backed Brexit in other ways in order to increase their market share and undermine their competitors, but the key thing about this guy is that his organisation is specifically skilled in the area of disinformation and media manipulation and TBF it worked a treat - mainly because Cameron couldn't get his head round the idea that if you lie, the mud sticks anyway. 

I wonder what they'll get in return?

Meanwhile, the stealth taxes to pay for Brexit continue to arrive on a daily basis, the latest trend being to remove the cap on council tax rises so they can up the rate to cover the basics AND reduce services. Many councils, including mine are facing CT rises of up to 5% after pre-referendum increase caps are being scrapped all over the country.

On Friday, Preston's Labour Council successfully fought off attempts to go beyond a 2% rise next month by levying the rural parish councils ("rural apartheid" according to one Tory Councillor) but they have agreed to outsource bin collections to the private sector so that may affect Whittam Towers as the new bin men won't have access to Nat's private entrance.

But at least the lurking billionaires will be alright.

187 Re: Brexit - A new twist! on Mon Feb 27 2017, 09:41

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Business rates hikes are proving contraversial. Looking like it will be British SME businesses that will take the brunt of it whilst the big corporates will get away with it - as expected.

Meanwhile the Ministry of Justice has altered the way they calculate accident compensation which is expected to lead to a hike in car insurance premiums - although this is more attributable to our increasingly litigious society than Brexit.

What is attributable to Brexit is the rise in the price of stamps next month which are set to go up due to inflation and the rise in the Consumer Price Index. Not that anyone uses stamps anymore.

188 Re: Brexit - A new twist! on Mon Feb 27 2017, 09:48

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Both Remain and Leave campaign's referendum spending being investigated by the Electoral Commission.

Dare they cast doubt on the validity of the Referendum?

I doubt it, even if it turns out it was as bent as it looks.

189 Re: Brexit - A new twist! on Mon Feb 27 2017, 10:16

gloswhite

avatar
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
Lets be honest, when we consider what, and how much, cash and influence was at stake, are we really naive enough to think it would all be honest and above board, throughout the whole process? Even the initial concept of the referendum was for political gain, nothing to do with what was good for the country.

190 Re: Brexit - A new twist! on Mon Feb 27 2017, 10:26

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
gloswhite wrote:Lets be honest, when we consider what, and how much, cash and influence was at stake, are we really naive enough to think it would all be honest and above board, throughout the whole process? 
I think Cameron was VERY naive and expected a fair fight. 
He was totally unprepared, had no idea how much money, media manipulation and big business wheeling and dealing was behind the Leave campaign and got absolutely battered as a result.

191 Re: Brexit - A new twist! on Mon Feb 27 2017, 11:19

xmiles

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Yes Cameron was very naive and only wanted the referendum for personal political reasons but I think his major misjudgement (after calling the referendum in the first place) was not having an effective remain campaign strategy. He seemed to think that as Operation Fear worked in Scotland it would work in the EU referendum equally well. Needless to say it didn't and there was no plan B.

It might have helped if Corbyn had actually campaigned with the remain campaign rather than pretending to do so but it probably wouldn't have made any difference.

192 Re: Brexit - A new twist! on Mon Feb 27 2017, 12:34

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
xmiles wrote:Yes Cameron was very naive and only wanted the referendum for personal political reasons but I think his major misjudgement (after calling the referendum in the first place) was not having an effective remain campaign strategy. He seemed to think that as Operation Fear worked in Scotland it would work in the EU referendum equally well. Needless to say it didn't and there was no plan B.

It might have helped if Corbyn had actually campaigned with the remain campaign rather than pretending to do so but it probably wouldn't have made any difference.
It wasn't just the fact that the Leave cartel had a bigger budget for advertising etc than the Remainers - it was how they used their media connections and Mercer's strategic propaganda work which was provided to the Leave campaign free of charge and which gave them a clear plan of action that Cameron seriously lacked.

193 Re: Brexit - A new twist! on Mon Feb 27 2017, 13:16

gloswhite

avatar
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
Lets not forget that Cameron and the Remainers brought in many big guns, including lots of celebrities and high powered people, even the President of the United States ! 
What let him down as much as anything was speaking to the nation, along with his ex Chancellor crony in a patronising manner, as though we didn't know what was good for us, whilst being backed by what appeared to be nothing more than rich people looking after the golden goose. His emphasis on money and trade only was what finally killed him and his pathetic campaign. 
But we all know that's just history now, and we should be forward looking, which holds a whole heap of issues and problems, and a challenge that I genuinely feel we can meet.

194 Re: Brexit - A new twist! on Mon Feb 27 2017, 13:26

xmiles

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
gloswhite wrote:
What let him down as much as anything was speaking to the nation, along with his ex Chancellor crony in a patronising manner, as though we didn't know what was good for us.

As the saying goes "there are none so blind as those who will not see".

It will be some time before we see the full consequences of brexit but I cannot share your optimism glos.

195 Re: Brexit - A new twist! on Mon Feb 27 2017, 13:55

okocha

avatar
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Why do we never hear M.P.s and H.O.L. peers focus on what a financial failure the EU is and how bad it will be for the UK to be shackled to such a liability.

High unemployment, banks ‘teetering’, migrant chaos, Schengen fences, left and right wing polarised.

Oh... and the UK contribution to the EU is due to increase by a third in 2019.

196 Re: Brexit - A new twist! on Mon Feb 27 2017, 14:43

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
okocha wrote:Why do we never hear M.P.s and H.O.L. peers focus on what a financial failure the EU is and how bad it will be for the UK to be shackled to such a liability.

High unemployment, banks ‘teetering’, migrant chaos, Schengen fences, left and right wing polarised.

Oh... and the UK contribution to the EU is due to increase by a third in 2019.

High unemployment is due to us not having a good old fashioned war in Europe since the Common Market was formed, war being the prime mover in employment figures.
The highest period in the last century was between the world wars when UK unemployment was up to 20%. It is no coincidence that when it started to climb again under Thatcher's regime reaching 13% in 1982 we declared war on Argentina and within a couple of years unemployment fell back to under 10%.

Left and right are far less polarised in Europe then they were historically and if anything the EU has fostered centrism, especially in the UK where socialism has all but disappeared.

Banks teetering is a global phenomenon initiated by the Americans, not a European issue.

Schengen removed passport control in many borders but it had no impact whatsoever on Customs checks and security controls which have always remained in the hands of each country and are as rigorous as ever in the UK. Big difference between not needing a passport to travel and national security as any Customs officer will tell you. In fact whilst we have been in the EU, British Customs and Excise have acquired more power than they ever had.

And as for Cameron etc talking down to "the people"? That's how the Leave controlled media spun the presentation (on the advice of the American billionaire) as part of the strategy to position the Remainers as sanctimonious.

It's the same strategy that says "we won fair and square (which is patently not true) so any complaints are just sour grapes". Great way to push through reforms that weren't even voted on and make a gullible nation believe that they were "fighting the people in power" when it was in fact the people in power manipulating the people to reposition themselves for personal gain.

197 Re: Brexit - A new twist! on Mon Feb 27 2017, 15:06

rammywhite

avatar
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
wanderlust wrote:
okocha wrote:Why do we never hear M.P.s and H.O.L. peers focus on what a financial failure the EU is and how bad it will be for the UK to be shackled to such a liability.

High unemployment, banks ‘teetering’, migrant chaos, Schengen fences, left and right wing polarised.

Oh... and the UK contribution to the EU is due to increase by a third in 2019.

High unemployment is due to us not having a good old fashioned war in Europe since the Common Market was formed, war being the prime mover in employment figures.
The highest period in the last century was between the world wars when UK unemployment was up to 20%. It is no coincidence that when it started to climb again under Thatcher's regime reaching 13% in 1982 we declared war on Argentina and within a couple of years unemployment fell back to under 10%.

Left and right are far less polarised in Europe then they were historically and if anything the EU has fostered centrism, especially in the UK where socialism has all but disappeared.

Banks teetering is a global phenomenon initiated by the Americans, not a European issue.

Schengen removed passport control in many borders but it had no impact whatsoever on Customs checks and security controls which have always remained in the hands of each country and are as rigorous as ever in the UK. Big difference between not needing a passport to travel and national security as any Customs officer will tell you. In fact whilst we have been in the EU, British Customs and Excise have acquired more power than they ever had.

And as for Cameron etc talking down to "the people"? That's how the Leave controlled media spun the presentation (on the advice of the American billionaire) as part of the strategy to position the Remainers as sanctimonious.

It's the same strategy that says "we won fair and square (which is patently not true) so any complaints are just sour grapes". Great way to push through reforms that weren't even voted on and make a gullible nation believe that they were "fighting the people in power" when it was in fact the people in power manipulating the people to reposition themselves for personal gain.

I agree with a lot of what you say Lusty- apart from the bit about high unemployment. We've actually got high employment figures at the minute. The current unemployment rate in the UK is  4.8% (see Labour Force Statistics  ONS, Feb 17) and given that full employment is usually defined as having a structural unemployment level of 4% (people between jobs, unemployed temporarily for reasons of sickness and other structural reasons), then its a fairly high figure for those in work.
Granted that zero hours contracts, part time jobs etc  might not ,in some peoples eyes constitute 'real' employment then the employment statistics are fairly healthy especially during winter when unemployment might be expected to rise (no agriculture, little tourism, construction low because of weather)
There are more unfilled vacancies than people actively seeking work at the minute ( ONS- same source) so we are fairly close to full employment as defined by various government bodies.
 I don't think a war economy is as powerful an argument as you presume as having lots of young people in uniforms  off to fight for the motherland (or fatherland- presumably it should now be personland) may not constitute real jobs, but it does encourage  more people into the factories as we saw in the 14-18  and 39-45 conflict.
As we will never fight another  conventional war like this ever again (it'll be nuclear) then that phenomenon will not occur again.
I think the employment rate is healthy

198 Re: Brexit - A new twist! on Mon Feb 27 2017, 16:31

okocha

avatar
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
It wouldn't surprise me if other countries follow once we leave, crippling the EU still further in terms of effectiveness and value for money.

199 Re: Brexit - A new twist! on Mon Feb 27 2017, 16:43

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
rammywhite wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
okocha wrote:Why do we never hear M.P.s and H.O.L. peers focus on what a financial failure the EU is and how bad it will be for the UK to be shackled to such a liability.

High unemployment, banks ‘teetering’, migrant chaos, Schengen fences, left and right wing polarised.

Oh... and the UK contribution to the EU is due to increase by a third in 2019.

High unemployment is due to us not having a good old fashioned war in Europe since the Common Market was formed, war being the prime mover in employment figures.
The highest period in the last century was between the world wars when UK unemployment was up to 20%. It is no coincidence that when it started to climb again under Thatcher's regime reaching 13% in 1982 we declared war on Argentina and within a couple of years unemployment fell back to under 10%.

Left and right are far less polarised in Europe then they were historically and if anything the EU has fostered centrism, especially in the UK where socialism has all but disappeared.

Banks teetering is a global phenomenon initiated by the Americans, not a European issue.

Schengen removed passport control in many borders but it had no impact whatsoever on Customs checks and security controls which have always remained in the hands of each country and are as rigorous as ever in the UK. Big difference between not needing a passport to travel and national security as any Customs officer will tell you. In fact whilst we have been in the EU, British Customs and Excise have acquired more power than they ever had.

And as for Cameron etc talking down to "the people"? That's how the Leave controlled media spun the presentation (on the advice of the American billionaire) as part of the strategy to position the Remainers as sanctimonious.

It's the same strategy that says "we won fair and square (which is patently not true) so any complaints are just sour grapes". Great way to push through reforms that weren't even voted on and make a gullible nation believe that they were "fighting the people in power" when it was in fact the people in power manipulating the people to reposition themselves for personal gain.

I agree with a lot of what you say Lusty- apart from the bit about high unemployment. We've actually got high employment figures at the minute. The current unemployment rate in the UK is  4.8% (see Labour Force Statistics  ONS, Feb 17) and given that full employment is usually defined as having a structural unemployment level of 4% (people between jobs, unemployed temporarily for reasons of sickness and other structural reasons), then its a fairly high figure for those in work.
Granted that zero hours contracts, part time jobs etc  might not ,in some peoples eyes constitute 'real' employment then the employment statistics are fairly healthy especially during winter when unemployment might be expected to rise (no agriculture, little tourism, construction low because of weather)
There are more unfilled vacancies than people actively seeking work at the minute ( ONS- same source) so we are fairly close to full employment as defined by various government bodies.
 I don't think a war economy is as powerful an argument as you presume as having lots of young people in uniforms  off to fight for the motherland (or fatherland- presumably it should now be personland) may not constitute real jobs, but it does encourage  more people into the factories as we saw in the 14-18  and 39-45 conflict.
As we will never fight another  conventional war like this ever again (it'll be nuclear) then that phenomenon will not occur again.
I think the employment rate is healthy

I agree that the unemployment rate is currently healthy in terms of peace time employment but there's a clear correlation between peace and higher unemployment as this graph shows. 
Basically war reduces the number of people of working age available for a job either due to conscription or death whilst simultaneously creating new jobs in arms, logistics and manufacturing and many other sectors.
I agree modern warfare has less of an effect as arms production is more specialist and in the hands of (mainly foreign) billionaire organisations, but as the Falklands shows, a good war is still a boost for the economy and helps bring down the figures.
We've been pretty steady since then vascillating between 4 and 8% at the peak although the figures have been manipulated by changing the way they are calculated and assorted Government schemes that e.g. include part timers and zero hours contracts etc.

Either way, I can't see how Okocha reckons this is somehow an indictment of the EU. 

Moreover, the quality of employment and workers's rights have improved beyond all recognition whilst we've been in the EU. As a famous Tory once said "you've never had it so good"....

200 Re: Brexit - A new twist! on Mon Feb 27 2017, 17:27

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
okocha wrote:A metaphorical armageddon, picked up and used by TV and newspapers of all persuasions alike, as you well know. Cameron even spoke of WW3 (!) in a failed attempt to put the fear of God into us. His miscalculation cost him his job, quite rightly.

You really shouldn't believe what you read in the papers Okocha - Cameron never said anything about WW3 (!)
That claim that Cameron said it was made by Boris Johnson and another lying toerag who happened to work for Rupert Murdoch - another "man of the people" LOL.

This is another example of the British people being lied to in order to get them to turn against Europe. 

Cameron's exact words were:

"Can we be so sure peace and stability on our continent are assured beyond any shadow of doubt? Is that a risk worth taking? I would never be so rash to make that assumption."
I can't remember who made up the claim that Cameron said something about WW3 but I believe it was one of Rupert Murdoch's hacks. I do know it was Johnson who interpreted that as suggesting there could be war in Europe whereas Cameron was referring to the advantages of Europe working co-operatively through NATO.
Making an outrageous claim such as this was an excellent tactic (thanks American billionaire!) because now Cameron was forced to deny something he never said in the first place as was - and more importantly was perceived to be - on the defensive at best and "backtracking" at worst.
Following the publication of the lie Cameron rebutted it as he had to saying "No, I don't believe that leaving the EU would cause World War Three to break out on the European continent."
And psychologically, even though he's denying it, doing so put the "issue" at the forefront of people's minds again so the Leave campaign got a double hit from one lie.
Unfortunately, most people haven't had media training, don't understand the psychology of media manipulation and sadly tend to believe "where there's smoke there's fire" even if what is said is a downright lie.
The Leave campaign's American backers were banking on the ignorance of the British people and that's how they conned the nation.

201 Re: Brexit - A new twist! on Mon Feb 27 2017, 18:54

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Today's Construction News Briefing:


Next Wednesday chancellor Philip Hammond will stand up in parliament and deliver his 2017 Budget.
The red briefcase will no doubt include promises to support the construction of new transport, energy and housing projects, with the mantra that these schemes will help drive the UK’s economy post-Brexit.
But while the government may be willing to back major construction projects, it is not entirely clear who it expects to build them.
For years the UK has been able to paper over the cracks of its construction skills crisis through its ability to draw on workers from across the EU.
If the reports from the weekend are true, from next month that might be a bit harder.
The Telegraph reported on Sunday that prime minister Theresa May was poised to announce the end of free movement for new EU migrants on the same day that she formally triggers Brexit negotiations.
The ramifications of any decision to stop new EU migrants from automatically staying in the UK indefinitely could be monumental for the construction industry.
Mayor of London Sadiq Khan was keen to stress this today.
A release from the mayor’s office found that almost 100,000 of the capital’s construction workers were from elsewhere in the EU.
Mr Khan said ‘hard Brexit’ could leave a quarter of the skilled construction workforce in the capital “high and dry” with any curbs having a “crippling effect on the city’s housebuilding plans”.
And this crippling effect would be felt more widely across the UK construction sector.
Last week an Arcadis report predicted that a hard Brexit would see 214,000 fewer EU nationals entering UK construction by 2020, while at the same time predicting that the industry needed to recruit 400,000 people a year to meet the country’s construction backlog.
This came after Balfour Beatty, which last year recruited one in 10 of its staff from the EU, warned that any uncertainty about free labour would exacerbate the engineering shortage and see construction costs rise.
As the country sits on a multi-billion-pound housing and infrastructure pipeline it will need a growing cohort of people from the UK and elsewhere to build them.
It is clear that the UK needs to increase the number of domestic workers it trains and reduce its reliance on EU labour.
But this won’t just happen overnight.
Last year only 21,000 apprentices entered the construction industry, an improvement on 2015 but still barely scratching the surface when it comes to the country’s requirement.
The government can’t have its cake and eat it with Brexit.
If it sees construction as one of the key parts driving the UK economy post-Brexit, contractors will need access to the right skills to deliver these projects.
Yet without free movement of labour from the EU, this will be an uphill struggle.

202 Re: Brexit - A new twist! on Mon Feb 27 2017, 21:15

okocha

avatar
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
The following seems clear enough, Wander.    Daily Telegraph; May 2016

"Brexit will increase the risk of Europe descending into war, David Cameron will warn as he says that Britain will pay a high cost if "we turn our back" on the EU.
The Prime Minister will invoke Sir Winston Churchill and say that the foundation of the European Union has helped bring together countries that have been "at each others throats for decades".

203 Re: Brexit - A new twist! on Mon Feb 27 2017, 21:19

okocha

avatar
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Or do you prefer this article from The Guardian from around the same date, Wander?

"David Cameron has raised the spectre of war in support of the case for the UK remaining in Europe, insisting that continued membership could help avoid future conflicts.
The prime minister drew on examples from history in his argument, talking of the consequences of conflict, with emotional images that included reference to the rows of white crosses on Commonwealth war graves.


The speech, parts of which were released in advance, prompted a backlash from the leave campaign that his argument amounted to hyperbole and scaremongering."

204 Re: Brexit - A new twist! on Mon Feb 27 2017, 21:41

gloswhite

avatar
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
Nicely timed Okocha  Very Happy

205 Re: Brexit - A new twist! on Tue Feb 28 2017, 00:52

Copper Dragon

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
What a load of bollocks from Wanderlust regarding unemployment during peace time.

Of course unemployment is down when there's a huge war on, that doesn't need explaining.

However going off what he's said and the graph he's produced, I'm pretty sure he hasn't heard of the Great Depression which started a good ten years after World War 1.

We also didn't have a war with the Argies because of high unemployment. The high unemployment was there because of crap Labour governments in the 70's and Thatcher being a bitch......

The two main factors behind the rise in the jobless total are the economic recession and the restructuring of industry.

206 Re: Brexit - A new twist! on Tue Feb 28 2017, 09:53

gloswhite

avatar
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
There's an awful lot more people about as well   Smile

207 Re: Brexit - A new twist! on Tue Feb 28 2017, 11:05

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
You guys should really stop believing all the media hype.

Okocha - I don't know which journalists you are quoting but a) these are the journalists' words not Camerons and b) still nothing about WW3 which you also falsely claim he said (accompanied by exclamation marks no less) 

Why can't you see the truth of the matter? He never said it. In fact he clearly stated that he didn't  think Brexit would cause war in Europe. All you are doing is repeating the assumptions, extrapolations and downright lies created by the media and it doesn't do you credit.

Copper: Read the numbers and weep as they say. Peacetime is inextricably linked to increased unemployment. Increased unemployment is linked to economic downturn. And throughout history people have gone to war primarily to alleviate economic problems. The Crash of '29 was a direct result of high unemployment causing underdemand at a time of overproduction through efficiency gains so investors pocketed their money and the Stock Exchange duly crashed.
I appreciate that you are trying to put forward the "Broken Window Fallacy" argument, but that merely argues that overall war isn't good for the economy but doesn't address the issue that people and leaders believe it is. And what people believe is more important than the truth as Brexit clearly demonstrates.

Glos: unemployment figures are expressed as a percentage of the working population so the total number is irrelevant.

208 Re: Brexit - A new twist! on Tue Feb 28 2017, 12:01

okocha

avatar
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Wanderlust: take your pick from the articles below and then tell us that you know better. You are beginning to resemble Trump in your denials of facts!


'Brexit' could trigger World War Three, warns David Cameron - Mirror ...


www.mirror.co.uk › News › UK News › EU Referendum
9 May 2016 - Mr Cameron told pro-EU campaigners: "Can we be so sure peace ... no plans for Brexit - despite David Cameron claiming it could trigger war.


David Cameron: Brexit could lead to Europe descending into war


www.telegraph.co.uk › News

[list="margin-right: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border: 0px;"]
[*]www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/08/cameron-brexit-will-increase-risk-of-europe-descending-into-war/+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">
[/list]

Is David Cameron right that leaving EU could increase the risk of war ...


https://www.theguardian.com › World › Foreign policy
9 May 2016 - PM has raised spectre of conflict to support case for UK remaining in EU. We look at whether his claims stand up to scrutiny.



David Cameron warns Brexit would lead to war and genocide | Daily ...


www.dailymail.co.uk/.../Now-Cameron-warns-Brexit-lead-war-genocide-PM-s-extraordi...
8 May 2016 - Dire warning: David Cameron will deliver a dramatic speech that will .... Professor David Abulafia, have dismissed the claim that the EU has ...


EU referendum: Cameron says UK exit could put peace at risk - BBC ...


www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36243296


[list="margin-right: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border: 0px;"]
[*]www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36243296+&cd=6&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">
[/list]

9 May 2016 - David Cameron says peace could be put at risk by leaving the European ... During the course of political campaigns the claims being made on ...

Cameron's Latest Desperate Threat: Vote Remain Or Get World War III


www.breitbart.com/.../camerons-latest-desperate-stunt-leave-europe-get-third-world-w...


9 May 2016 - Cameron's Latest Desperate Threat: Vote Remain Or Get World War III ... Claim: Winston Churchill would have campaigned to Remain ... Germany will invade France and WW3 will start, we will be unable to trade with Europe, ...



EU referendum: David Cameron says 'Brexit' could spark World War III ...


www.dailyrecord.co.uk › News › Politics › European Union
9 May 2016 - EU referendum: David Cameron says 'Brexit' could spark World War III .... Vote Leave said "claims that leaving the EU and taking back control ...

209 Re: Brexit - A new twist! on Tue Feb 28 2017, 12:11

Bread2.0

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Did you seriously just quote Breitbart.....?

FFS......

210 Re: Brexit - A new twist! on Tue Feb 28 2017, 12:43

okocha

avatar
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Bread2.0 wrote:Did you seriously just quote Breitbart.....?

FFS......
It went unnoticed in amongst all the rest saying the same thing. Don't read it if you don't rate it.

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum