Bolton Wanderers Fans Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Credit where it's due

Credit where it's due

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Credit where it's due on Wed Nov 30 2016, 22:37

Bwfc1958

avatar
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!
Hats off to Parky and his staff. Not so long ago the defence was shocking but just look at this table. Yes, we might well be slumming it down in league 1 these days but even so, it's a remarkable turnaround. Nobody, not even the most optimistic of supporters would have envisaged this team having the best defensive record in England so soon after the appalling mess that was witnessed in the last few years, but here it is folks. Print it off and frame it, you may never see it again. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2 Re: Credit where it's due on Wed Nov 30 2016, 22:59

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Good stuff. Megson would be proud. :bomb:

3 Re: Credit where it's due on Wed Nov 30 2016, 23:06

Boggersbelief

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Unbelievable change from last season when we were pissing goals left right and centre. It's stats like this that get you promoted

4 Re: Credit where it's due on Thu Dec 01 2016, 07:59

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I like the look of the team in 4th. They can score goals as well.

5 Re: Credit where it's due on Thu Dec 01 2016, 13:57

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Defensively the stats show we are much better. Unfortunately I think Parky has had to sacrifice some of his attacking options and intent to achieve it.

6 Re: Credit where it's due on Thu Dec 01 2016, 20:07

NickFazer

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
It's a lot easier to score one goal and win a game than having to score at least 2 to get a point, carry on Parky lad.

7 Re: Credit where it's due on Thu Dec 01 2016, 20:11

Boggersbelief

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
NickFazer wrote:It's a lot easier to score one goal and win a game than having to score at least 2 to get a point, carry on Parky lad.

Agreed, couldn't give two shits about our style of play in this cloggers league. Better football will come with better players, if we go up

8 Re: Credit where it's due on Thu Dec 01 2016, 20:13

Guest


Guest
Boggersbelief wrote:
NickFazer wrote:It's a lot easier to score one goal and win a game than having to score at least 2 to get a point, carry on Parky lad.

Agreed, couldn't give two shits about our style of play in this cloggers league. Better football will come with better players, if we go up
Stop writing things i agree with Very Happy

9 Re: Credit where it's due on Thu Dec 01 2016, 20:14

NickFazer

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Me or Boggers?

10 Re: Credit where it's due on Thu Dec 01 2016, 20:14

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Boggersbelief wrote:Agreed, couldn't give two shits about our style of play in this cloggers league. Better football will come with better players, if we go up

Why would an armchair fan care about the style of football?

A 1-0 win on Soccer Saturday is a 1-0 win whether you play like Barcelona or Yeovil.

11 Re: Credit where it's due on Thu Dec 01 2016, 20:15

Guest


Guest
NickFazer wrote:Me or Boggers?
Both

12 Re: Credit where it's due on Thu Dec 01 2016, 20:17

Boggersbelief

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Natasha Whittam wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:Agreed, couldn't give two shits about our style of play in this cloggers league. Better football will come with better players, if we go up

Why would an armchair fan care about the style of football?

A 1-0 win on Soccer Saturday is a 1-0 win whether you play like Barcelona or Yeovil.

Wanderlust clearly cares about it

13 Re: Credit where it's due on Fri Dec 02 2016, 13:18

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Boggersbelief wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:Agreed, couldn't give two shits about our style of play in this cloggers league. Better football will come with better players, if we go up

Why would an armchair fan care about the style of football?

A 1-0 win on Soccer Saturday is a 1-0 win whether you play like Barcelona or Yeovil.

Wanderlust clearly cares about it
I do, mainly because when I can't go to games I have to endure 90 minutes of radio, text messages from my mates at the game and/or TV or whatever and if I'd like to think that we have a chance of getting back into the game if we go behind or snatching a winner if we're level. 
Having an attacking threat whilst being strong defensively is as much about tactics and quality as style.

14 Re: Credit where it's due on Sat Dec 03 2016, 09:33

Fabians Right Peg

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
As well as a solid back line there has been a gradual improvement in quality of the play as well especially at home, despite having lost players like spearing for periods of the season.

15 Re: Credit where it's due on Sat Dec 03 2016, 10:25

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
The ability to pass the ball to a player wearing the same coloured shirt has certainly improved.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum