Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ken Anderson - update.

+31
BoltonTillIDie
wanderlust
Wanderers for 45
y2johnny
Growler
luckyPeterpiper
Bollotom2014
Ten Bobsworth
Cajunboy
bryan458
Leeds_Trotter
finlaymcdanger
Soul Kitchen
Chairmanda
Bwfc1958
MartinBWFC
Kane57
Boggersbelief
terenceanne
Norpig
observer
Sluffy
karlypants
gloswhite
whatsgoingon
Fabians Right Peg
Natasha Whittam
King Bill
Bread2.0
boltonbonce
rammywhite
35 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 31 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 50]

241Ken Anderson - update. - Page 13 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Aug 21 2017, 16:10

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Didn't they have access to 'high net worth individuals and business's' only last year?

I told them I was buying Chorley.

242Ken Anderson - update. - Page 13 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Aug 21 2017, 16:13

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i can't remember who they roped in to contribute but they never actually got any firm commitments did they? It needs more than a few local businessmen chipping in, we need some real big hitters buying us not some bloke who owns Axfords or a few kebab shops  Very Happy

243Ken Anderson - update. - Page 13 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Aug 21 2017, 16:24

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Wasn't Amir Khan linked with them at one time - wasn't he going to be holding all his boxing events at the Macron!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Very Happy

244Ken Anderson - update. - Page 13 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Aug 21 2017, 16:27

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

he can't afford it now, he's getting divorced and his wedding venue still isn't finished so he'll be skint soon.

245Ken Anderson - update. - Page 13 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Aug 21 2017, 16:34

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Norpig wrote:he can't afford it now, he's getting divorced and his wedding venue still isn't finished so he'll be skint soon.
The Supporters Trust will be aiding Khan as well as buying the club! Over to you Sluffy!

246Ken Anderson - update. - Page 13 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Aug 21 2017, 17:00

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

observer wrote:
Norpig wrote:he can't afford it now, he's getting divorced and his wedding venue still isn't finished so he'll be skint soon.
The Supporters Trust will be aiding Khan as well as buying the club!  Over to you Sluffy!

I'm not sure the current ST Board can help themselves let alone anyone else!

247Ken Anderson - update. - Page 13 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Aug 24 2017, 15:10

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I am sure like myself, you all headed home on Tuesday evening after our game against Sheffield Wednesday thrilled to be back to winning ways.

Although it was a win which came in a cup competition, as I have said on numerous occasions, any victory is crucial to breeding confidence and I know that the players will use Tuesday’s result as one to push on in the league with.

It had looked set to be a comfortable night’s work when we found ourselves in a 3-0 lead, but we all know the quality of Sky Bet Championship teams and Sheffield Wednesday proved that by scoring twice to force a grandstand finish.

For the neutral, the game would have been a real exciting spectacle – of course, being involved ourselves, we would have preferred a much calmer evening!
The players proved their worth however by defending stoically to ensure that it was our name in the hat for the third round, and we were rewarded with an exciting tie away at West Ham United next month.

It will be a fantastic test for the team to pit their wits against Premier League opposition and also play in an incredible venue such as the London Stadium.
I am sure that you were all excited by the outcome of the draw and I hope to see as many of you as possible down in the capital in just under a month’s time.

Right now however, our focus turns back to the league and the team will travel to Hull City this Friday evening no doubt in high spirits.
The performance on Tuesday was a huge lift for everybody following the disappointing result against Derby County and as the manager Phil Parkinson said, the boost that it gave the players cannot be underestimated.

Hull will prove difficult opponents for us, as all teams in this division will, and the KCOM Stadium is a venue which can be intimidating for opposition sides.
That said however, we have looked extremely impressive on our travels and resolute in defence in our two games against Millwall and Birmingham City and I am confident that will continue tomorrow night.

It is crucial that we head into the international break on a high as two weeks is a long time generally, but in football it can feel like a lifetime.
By the time we return to competitive action after that time too, the transfer window will have been closed and we will know exactly what we have at our disposal in regards to playing personnel until January.

We are hoping to make additions between now on August 31, especially given our torrid luck with injuries of late, but we have all been hugely pleased with the response and efforts of the players on the books at present inside the opening weeks of the season.
Thank you as always for your superb backing of the team and I hope to see as many of you as possible at Hull City tomorrow, but if not there, then back at Macron Stadium early next month.

As usual, let’s be loud, let’s be proud and let’s get right behind the team.

Kind regards,
Ken

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

248Ken Anderson - update. - Page 13 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Aug 28 2017, 11:47

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I write these notes after Friday night’s game against Hull City. It was a disappointing performance and result against a team that was relegated from the Premier League last term.
As the manager has said in his post-match interviews, the only positive notion to come out of Friday night was the support from our fantastic travelling fans who were right behind the team from the start until the end and you deserved better.

That said, we’ve now got a fortnight to dust ourselves down and get back on track for our game against Middlesbrough at Macron Stadium on Saturday 9 September.

Please rest assured that everybody will be working hard to put things right at the training ground. We have some very important players due to come back from injury and they will provide a tremendous boost to the team and our fortunes.

We are also still hopeful of adding some more players to the squad before the window closes on Thursday.

Following the liquidation of Dean Holdsworth's company, Sports Shield BWFC, last Monday, a great deal has been written in the press and on the social media sites, as well as commented upon on local radio.

Generally speaking, the comments are supportive of what the club and l are trying to achieve, with one or two interesting and anonymous exceptions, and I am very grateful and appreciative of this continued support.

For the record, over the last couple of weeks Paul Aldridge has received several propositions through local councillor Cllr John Walsh and the coroner Alan Walsh on behalf of Mr Shabbir Khilji, a local businessman. 

Unfortunately, at no time has Mr Khilji been able to provide proof of his funds which would be acceptable to the EFL or myself.

Indeed, having failed to produce any evidence of his funds, and at the eleventh hour last week, another person was introduced as having joined 'the consortium'.

However, it was impossible to try and agree or finalise anything as there was still no evidence of sufficient available funds, despite numerous assurances that it would be provided.

As regards, the figures being bandied around, they can be taken with a pinch of salt, as they included further contingent payments due to Eddie Davies on Championship retention or promotion to the Premier League, which both Dean and l signed up to, but regrettably only Inner Circle would appear to have the obligation to pay these payments following the liquidation of Sports Shield BWFC.

Mr Khilji advised both Paul Aldridge and myself that he had agreed deals with both BluMarble and Dean Holdsworth, but this has not been confirmed by either of them to me, although l am sure discussions took place.

In any event, as we all now know, Sports Shield BWFC was liquidated last Monday, but l believe that discussions are ongoing.

Since Monday, l understand that Mr Khilji has made various assurances to the liquidators and BluMarble about his funding but once again my understanding is that nothing acceptable has been forthcoming so far, apart from various assurances that funds will come from India.

Surprisingly, l understand Mr Khilji even approached another club owner to fund his acquisition, but I am told the security he offered was grossly inadequate for the amount he wanted to borrow.

Unfortunately, in my opinion, all this has achieved is further delays and uncertainty. In any event, even if the Mr Khilji consortium does succeed in providing adequate funding he would still need to pass the EFL OADT, which could delay everything for at least another month.

The same conditions and requirements would apply to any other prospective purchasers/investors.

As it stands, I am told he has now asked the liquidators to give him a further 48 hours to show proof of funds.

Ever since I became involved with the club, I have witnessed first-hand what makes it such a special place: the fans, who show loyal support both home and away in their numbers, the members of staff who work tirelessly around the clock and the rich and proud 140-year plus history of the club.

It is for these very reasons – and to preserve everything our club stands for – that I will only be prepared to hand over the reins to somebody who can genuinely take us onto the next level.

There may be some tough and unpleasant decisions that still need to be made in the future, but as in the past, they will be made with the very best intentions for the future of the club and associated businesses.

All I ask is that we all continue to stand and remain together and continue to show the tremendous support I have witnessed since I came here.

We are together.

Kind regards,

Ken

249Ken Anderson - update. - Page 13 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Aug 28 2017, 13:25

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:I write these notes after Friday night’s game against Hull City. It was a disappointing performance and result against a team that was relegated from the Premier League last term.
As the manager has said in his post-match interviews, the only positive notion to come out of Friday night was the support from our fantastic travelling fans who were right behind the team from the start until the end and you deserved better.

That said, we’ve now got a fortnight to dust ourselves down and get back on track for our game against Middlesbrough at Macron Stadium on Saturday 9 September.

Please rest assured that everybody will be working hard to put things right at the training ground. We have some very important players due to come back from injury and they will provide a tremendous boost to the team and our fortunes.

We are also still hopeful of adding some more players to the squad before the window closes on Thursday.

Following the liquidation of Dean Holdsworth's company, Sports Shield BWFC, last Monday, a great deal has been written in the press and on the social media sites, as well as commented upon on local radio.

Generally speaking, the comments are supportive of what the club and l are trying to achieve, with one or two interesting and anonymous exceptions, and I am very grateful and appreciative of this continued support.

For the record, over the last couple of weeks Paul Aldridge has received several propositions through local councillor Cllr John Walsh and the coroner Alan Walsh on behalf of Mr Shabbir Khilji, a local businessman. 

Unfortunately, at no time has Mr Khilji been able to provide proof of his funds which would be acceptable to the EFL or myself.

Indeed, having failed to produce any evidence of his funds, and at the eleventh hour last week, another person was introduced as having joined 'the consortium'.

However, it was impossible to try and agree or finalise anything as there was still no evidence of sufficient available funds, despite numerous assurances that it would be provided.

As regards, the figures being bandied around, they can be taken with a pinch of salt, as they included further contingent payments due to Eddie Davies on Championship retention or promotion to the Premier League, which both Dean and l signed up to, but regrettably only Inner Circle would appear to have the obligation to pay these payments following the liquidation of Sports Shield BWFC.

Mr Khilji advised both Paul Aldridge and myself that he had agreed deals with both BluMarble and Dean Holdsworth, but this has not been confirmed by either of them to me, although l am sure discussions took place.

In any event, as we all now know, Sports Shield BWFC was liquidated last Monday, but l believe that discussions are ongoing.

Since Monday, l understand that Mr Khilji has made various assurances to the liquidators and BluMarble about his funding but once again my understanding is that nothing acceptable has been forthcoming so far, apart from various assurances that funds will come from India.

Surprisingly, l understand Mr Khilji even approached another club owner to fund his acquisition, but I am told the security he offered was grossly inadequate for the amount he wanted to borrow.

Unfortunately, in my opinion, all this has achieved is further delays and uncertainty. In any event, even if the Mr Khilji consortium does succeed in providing adequate funding he would still need to pass the EFL OADT, which could delay everything for at least another month.

The same conditions and requirements would apply to any other prospective purchasers/investors.

As it stands, I am told he has now asked the liquidators to give him a further 48 hours to show proof of funds.

Ever since I became involved with the club, I have witnessed first-hand what makes it such a special place: the fans, who show loyal support both home and away in their numbers, the members of staff who work tirelessly around the clock and the rich and proud 140-year plus history of the club.

It is for these very reasons – and to preserve everything our club stands for – that I will only be prepared to hand over the reins to somebody who can genuinely take us onto the next level.

There may be some tough and unpleasant decisions that still need to be made in the future, but as in the past, they will be made with the very best intentions for the future of the club and associated businesses.

All I ask is that we all continue to stand and remain together and continue to show the tremendous support I have witnessed since I came here.

We are together.

Kind regards,

Ken

Here's a bit from the Bolton News in May 2009:

'THE businessman behind an ambitious scheme to build a country [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] hotel at Middlebrook has sold his Bolton mobile phone business.
Shabbir Khilji has sold Faircom to onestopmobileshop — a firm based in Newcastle-Upon-Tyne.

Customers waiting for payouts due under a rebate scheme have been told they will receive payments from the new owners.

Mr Khilji said that he decided to sell the company due to a combination of family circumstances and pressing business projects, which meant that he could not operate the business as he wanted. '

Faircom Ltd's most recent filed balance sheet shows assets of £8K and liabilities of £19K.

Not much sign of the £££'s  referred to in this post on The Wanderer website in April this year:

'This bloke has been bragging to a business acquaintance of mine that he is buying The Wanderers this summer...Shabbir Khiljee from Bolton ... he certainly has the £££ and the right connections.
Who knows - he could be telling the truth or just bigging himself up'.'

250Ken Anderson - update. - Page 13 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon Aug 28 2017, 17:38

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

War of words develops in Bolton Wanderers ownership race

THE increasingly complex ownership situation at Wanderers took another unpleasant twist today as chairman Ken Anderson launched a stinging attack on one of his rival bids.
The Bolton chairman, who owns a 57.5 per cent stake in the club, is claiming a consortium fronted by local businessman Shabbir Khilij has been unable to present acceptable financial proof to either himself or the EFL as they bid to buy the club.
It had been claimed by a spokesperson for Mr Khiliji’s group last week Mr Anderson’s demands at the 11th hour had prevented a deal going through – although at that stage the protagonists had asked for anonymity.

It had been claimed last week Anderson demanded £500,000 to gain access to the club’s books and £5m for his shares plus associated bonuses worth £5m.
But the Whites chairman insisted the figures included incumbent bonuses owed to former owner Eddie Davies, dependent on Championship retention or promotion to the Premier League.
“Since Monday, l understand that Mr Khilji has made various assurances to the liquidators and BluMarble about his funding but once again my understanding is that nothing acceptable has been forthcoming so far, apart from various assurances that funds will come from India,” Anderson continued.

“Surprisingly, l understand Mr Khilji even approached another club owner to fund his acquisition, but I am told the security he offered was grossly inadequate for the amount he wanted to borrow.”
Anderson also claims Mr Khiliji’s consortium would require a month to clear the EFL’s Owner’s and Director’s Test, should adequate funding be provided.
“As it stands, I am told he has now asked the liquidators to give him a further 48 hours to show proof of funds,” he said.
“Ever since I became involved with the club, I have witnessed first-hand what makes it such a special place: the fans, who show loyal support both home and away in their numbers, the members of staff who work tirelessly around the clock and the rich and proud 140-year plus history of the club.
“It is for these very reasons – and to preserve everything our club stands for – that I will only be prepared to hand over the reins to somebody who can genuinely take us onto the next level.
“There may be some tough and unpleasant decisions that still need to be made in the future, but as in the past, they will be made with the very best intentions for the future of the club and associated businesses.”
Cllr Walsh has also made representation to The Bolton News, outlining his position in the process, branding Anderson's comments as "misleading".

“I am disappointed that Ken Anderson has breached agreed confidences in his chairman’s note in relation to the involvement of Alan Walsh and myself in the sale of his shares in Burnden Leisure,” he said, “His comments are misleading and it is very important to place on record that neither Alan Walsh nor I were acting in our public positions, which are irrelevant to our role in relation to the sale of Burnden Leisure and the football cub.
“Alan and I are lifelong supporters of the football club, having both been supporters for more than 60 years, and our involvement was simply as friends of the football club. Our objective has always been to secure the long-term future of the football club, which is reported to be in grave jeopardy, and to avoid its impending demise.

“In September of last year I had a meeting with Ken Anderson in London at his request. During the course of that meeting Ken told me that if anyone were interested in buying the football club he would be happy to speak with them. He confirmed that he would be happy for me to refer any prospective buyers to him.
“Several interested buyers have approached me over the last 12 months and I have simply introduced them to Ken Anderson. By introducing prospective buyers I have done no more than requested by Ken Anderson, and I have always made it clear that I have no control over the finances of individual buyers but I had been told by the prospective buyers that the necessary funding was available.

“Since Mr Anderson first became involved in Bolton Wanderers he has sought my help on many occasions to introduce him to business contacts on various matters. This help has been freely given by both Alan and I including taking him to a number of important meetings to discuss potential opportunities to develop the Club.
“Neither Alan Walsh nor I have ever received or sought to receive any financial reward for the introduction of prospective buyers and other introductions to Ken Anderson and I reiterate that we have only ever acted, in what we believe, to be the best interests of the Football Club, which continues to be our passion.”

251Ken Anderson - update. - Page 13 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Tue Aug 29 2017, 12:24

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Rival bids?

So KA is looking to buy 100%?

252Ken Anderson - update. - Page 13 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Tue Aug 29 2017, 12:27

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

wanderlust wrote:Rival bids?

I'm not sure that he ever wanted that.

Depends who you believe but some sources claim he wants to sell up and then use the funds to buy a L2 club and start over. Another is that he wants to sell his shares to a consortium and remain in post as a well paid employee with no financial responsibility.

It's a mess either way

253Ken Anderson - update. - Page 13 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Tue Aug 29 2017, 12:34

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Kane57 wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Rival bids?

I'm not sure that he ever wanted that.

Depends who you believe but some sources claim he wants to sell up and then use the funds to buy a L2 club and start over. Another is that he wants to sell his shares to a consortium and remain in post as a well paid employee with no financial responsibility.

It's a mess either way
Heinz or HP?

254Ken Anderson - update. - Page 13 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Tue Aug 29 2017, 12:48

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Same one who told me about Fred Done

255Ken Anderson - update. - Page 13 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Sep 01 2017, 10:22

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I’d like to welcome Craig Noone to the club who arrived on a two-year deal on transfer deadline day.

Craig has a tremendous amount of experience at Championship level and is a very talented, attacking footballer who will give us additional options. I’m looking forward to seeing him put on the white jersey and helping the squad over the coming months.

Craig wasn’t the only player we were looking to bring in. We made an enquiry to bring our former player Chung-Yong Lee back on loan from Crystal Palace, but unfortunately they had no cover for him and we were unable to strike a deal.

It’s also important to clarify that we have 24 registered players and not 23 as has been erroneously reported elsewhere.

The situation regarding Sports Shield BWFC and BluMarble had dragged on for far longer than anybody could have envisaged.

The whole issue proved to be distracting and confusing for many of our supporters so I am very pleased that I’ve now finally acquired Sports Shield BWFC’s shareholding from the liquidator, which takes Inner Circle Investments Limited’s stake in Burnden Leisure Limited to a 95% shareholding.

I have seen various figures regarding the loan being quoted by the media and on social media which are very wide of the mark. The actual figure is substantially less than those being touted around, as is the interest rate.

I would like to reiterate my gratitude to BluMarble for all of their cooperation in swiftly concluding the situation. Throughout the negotiations they were always keen to minimise any damage to the business and have remained very supportive of the football club at all times.

These distractions and the ensuing uncertainty over the past few months have been far from ideal but I am pleased to say that our focus can now be firmly fixed on football matters and getting behind Phil Parkinson, his staff and the players.

From day one, the best interests of Bolton Wanderers Football Club have always been at the forefront of my mind.

Nobody needs me to tell me how great this football club is. With such a long, rich and proud history it is important that we strive to reach our former glories.

We are now in a much stronger position to do this and I will work assiduously with everybody at the football club to ensure that we have the correct tools in place to make further progress.

Whilst we have made great strides over the past 18 months in moving the club to a sustainable financial model, there is still a great deal of work to be done and that we need to get even more of our fans coming through the turnstiles.

We will be looking to incentivise supporters, who weren’t able to purchase season tickets during the summer, so that they can come regularly to Macron Stadium at a cost-effective price. Over the next week or so, keep an eye out on the website for news of these offers.

We are also working with the University of Bolton to encourage students – many of whom will be new to the town – to come to Macron Stadium on matchday to support the club.

Likewise, we will be looking to continue to grow our matchday hospitality revenue and I’m pleased to confirm that we’ve got a special offer on our Executive Boxes for the Middlesbrough game on Saturday 9 September.

Based on ten guests attending, we are offering them for £550 plus VAT each. Please call our Sales Team on 01204 673761 for further information.

We now have a weekend without football due to the international break, but we’ll be back at Macron Stadium for a double header when Middlesbrough and Sheffield United visit us in quick succession on Saturday 9 September and Tuesday 12 September respectively.

If you haven’t already bought your tickets for this game, then please visit here ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to buy them online.

Although our league campaign hasn’t got off to the start we would have wished for, I firmly believe that we have the squad capable of causing many surprises this campaign.

With your continued support, both home and away, we will achieve our objectives and I look forward to seeing as many of you as possible for both of these games and for the rest of the season.

We are together, together we are Bolton Wanderers.

Kind regards,

Ken

256Ken Anderson - update. - Page 13 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Sep 01 2017, 10:41

:clap:

257Ken Anderson - update. - Page 13 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Sep 01 2017, 19:46

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

That last line....jeez

258Ken Anderson - update. - Page 13 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Sep 01 2017, 20:38

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Kane57 wrote:That last line....jeez
What? Ken?

259Ken Anderson - update. - Page 13 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Sep 01 2017, 22:42

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bollotom2014 wrote:
Kane57 wrote:That last line....jeez
What? Ken?

Very Happy

260Ken Anderson - update. - Page 13 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sat Sep 02 2017, 10:17

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

"You can look at the accounts if you cough up a nonrefundable half a million quid. But we don't want that. Here's a picture of some cute kittens to look at instead....."

Altogether now......we are the world, we are the children

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 31 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum