Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ken Anderson - update.

+31
BoltonTillIDie
wanderlust
Wanderers for 45
y2johnny
Growler
luckyPeterpiper
Bollotom2014
Ten Bobsworth
Cajunboy
bryan458
Leeds_Trotter
finlaymcdanger
Soul Kitchen
Chairmanda
Bwfc1958
MartinBWFC
Kane57
Boggersbelief
terenceanne
Norpig
observer
Sluffy
karlypants
gloswhite
whatsgoingon
Fabians Right Peg
Natasha Whittam
King Bill
Bread2.0
boltonbonce
rammywhite
35 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 33 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Go down  Message [Page 17 of 50]

331Ken Anderson - update. - Page 18 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed Oct 04 2017, 11:42

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

While the international break offers some respite from the rigours of league action for the majority of our squad, there are several of our players on duty for their countries this weekend.

Representing your nation at any level is what the majority of players aspire to and it’s also an honour for their parent club.

We of course will be looking out for Jake Turner and Josh Cullen who will be playing for England under 19s and the Republic of Ireland under 21s respectively and we wish them well.

Looking towards the younger element of the club, Luca Connell will also earn a cap at under 17 level, while Max Broughton recently captained England under 17s.

Credit must be given to our Academy and Development staff for the continual progress they are making which will ultimately benefit the first team going forward.

Recently, Jeff King made his league debut for the club, after earlier playing in the Carabao Cup against West Ham alongside fellow young professional Jack Earing.

Alex Perry, Ryan White and Harry Brockbank have also trained with the first squad in recent weeks. The manager sees the players train on a regular basis and has no hesitation in including each of them into both his training sessions and first team squad selection.

I'm optimistic that this small group of development players will continue to work hard and push hard to earn first team involvement as the season progresses.

Work has also commenced on the indoor dome over at our Lostock training ground, which will not only benefit all the age groups of our Academy but will also provide opportunities for our local community. We look forward to updating you on the progress of this over the coming weeks.

A number of our players who have been out injured in recent weeks are making steady progress and should be in contention for inclusion in the first team squad when they return to action against Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday 14 October. Hopefully, our squad will be at full strength for what will be the first time this season. A tremendous amount of work has been put in by our Medical Team, which is led by Matt Barrass, to rehabilitate those players whose season has been curtailed by injury.

Finally, I’d like to note that having seen the recent Supporters’ Direct statement neither the club nor l will be making any further comments until the outcome of the ACV hearing is known. However, I do wish to point out there being a number of inaccuracies and out of date information referred to in the statement and l have already made my position about the Supporters’ Trust clear in earlier notes. For the sake of clarity, I feel it important to reiterate that the sale of club assets and loans secured against club assets occurred prior to my involvement with the club.

Unfortunately, it appears to me that a number of people who are or have been involved in both of these organisations enjoy commenting generally on club matters that they have little or no knowledge of, as has clearly been seen in various comments made by the Trust over the last few months.

I do wonder sometimes why they don’t take the time to check the facts with the club or myself before making inaccurate statements.

All l can tell you is that since l have been involved with the club, the Trust has done very little in assisting the club in any shape or form.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

332Ken Anderson - update. - Page 18 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Oct 05 2017, 08:46

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Another slap in the face for the ST

333Ken Anderson - update. - Page 18 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Oct 05 2017, 10:55

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Another slap in the face for the ST
More like limp-wristed mud slinging from Toadface.

BTW has the ST invested more in BWFC than Anderson?

Serious question.

334Ken Anderson - update. - Page 18 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Oct 05 2017, 13:16

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i very much doubt it Lusty,the ST have spoonsored a couple of players and that it as far as i know.

Why the sudden dislike of our glorious leader? I don't remember you being this vociferous about him until fairly recently.

335Ken Anderson - update. - Page 18 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Oct 05 2017, 14:11

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:i very much doubt it Lusty,the ST have spoonsored a couple of players and that it as far as i know.

Why the sudden dislike of our glorious leader? I don't remember you being this vociferous about him until fairly recently.
I don't trust him Norpig. Everything he does looks like he's stripping the club - which he bought for £1 - of all the assets. At the same time he's working hard on a media profile which is the perfect distraction from what's going on.

And I'm guessing that the ST sponsoring a couple of players is more than the £1 Anderson has put in to the kitty.

Because as far as I am aware that's all he's invested although I'd be interested to find out if he's risked any more than a quid.

I know he put in some money to cover cashflow at one stage but he took it back at the earliest opportunity.

I also know he secured Deano's shares without spending any of his own money.

I may be wrong but the club's assets were valued at around £40 million when he took over (bargain for a quid!) and rather than invest money into the club Anderson has used those assets to secure loans - including the BM loan - so the value of the club is shrinking rather than growing and the finances are based on credit rather than investment.

However we need the ground and we need players so I get very pissed off especially when Anderson seems more concerned about grabbing control rather than finding serious new money that would benefit the club and ensure we retain the assets we still have.

336Ken Anderson - update. - Page 18 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Oct 05 2017, 14:17

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've never trusted him,and said so,which seemed to upset certain people,so I now keep out of any business concerning Anderson or the ST.
His past antics shouldn't fill any of us with confidence,and it's going to take more than his upbeat programme notes to get me on side.

337Ken Anderson - update. - Page 18 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Oct 05 2017, 15:24

King Bill

King Bill
David Lee
David Lee

Same.

The bloke showed his true colours when he questioned the validity of the purely symbolic ACV. 
He's got us for next to nowt, invested nowt.
I stopped buying his spiel months ago.
Every club needs investment. Yes, we almost went under but he got us with a virtually clean balance sheet, yet won't invest a penny.  
Folk need to get wise to this all talk, no money routine he keeps peddling.

338Ken Anderson - update. - Page 18 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Oct 05 2017, 15:44

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

How do you know he didn't use his own money to buy Deano's shares Lusty? 

I know about his past but i feel we have to cut him some slack, if he can put the club back on an even keel and then sell us on to someone with real money and make some money himself then i have no problem with that. Without him we may not have had a club to be actually debating about right now.

339Ken Anderson - update. - Page 18 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Oct 05 2017, 15:55

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Don't get me wrong - there is no evidence in the public domain which would clarify Anderson's intentions either way but I do know a fair bit about boardroom shenanigans and if I were in his position and intended to pull a fast one I'd go about it in exactly the way he has done.
Add that to his past record and there are ample reasons to be suspicious - which I am, but only time will tell if he's up to his old tricks or not.
The real problem for me is that he gives the impression that he's blocking/putting off potential investors for now and it puts the club in a very precarious financial position which will only worsen the more assets he pawns off. Perhaps there are no investors interested but given the way he's treated anyone who has shown any interest to date it's not surprising. Demanding £5 million just to see the books and slagging them off in the media sounds like a man with a lot to hide and no interest in investment.

340Ken Anderson - update. - Page 18 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Oct 05 2017, 15:58

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It was £500,000 to see the books wasn't it?

I can't believe BM went to all that trouble to take Deano to court and then accept yet another loan deal, surely he must have paid back some of it and re-financed the rest?

341Ken Anderson - update. - Page 18 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Oct 05 2017, 15:59

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:How do you know he didn't use his own money to buy Deano's shares Lusty? 

The papers said he restructured the loan deal using the club's assets as collateral so effectively the club (not Anderson) took on Deano's debt.

No money was handed over - Anderson just passed the bill to the club, effectively getting Deano's shares for free but saddling the club with the repayments.

342Ken Anderson - update. - Page 18 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Oct 05 2017, 18:10

Well the efl seem happy enough to let us sign players again. But what do they know.  They wont be looking into every single little thing and have access to information that we cant see will they. :facepalm:

343Ken Anderson - update. - Page 18 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Oct 05 2017, 20:54

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

£25 mill and the club's yours, mate:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

344Ken Anderson - update. - Page 18 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Oct 05 2017, 21:01

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bread2.0 wrote:£25 mill and the club's yours, mate:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Was it £10m he paid?

I can't remember.

345Ken Anderson - update. - Page 18 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Oct 05 2017, 21:03

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

£1

346Ken Anderson - update. - Page 18 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Oct 05 2017, 21:15

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not sure where I got my figure from then.

347Ken Anderson - update. - Page 18 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Oct 05 2017, 21:20

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

£15-20m pays off the hard debts and leaves Ken a nice profit

348Ken Anderson - update. - Page 18 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Oct 05 2017, 21:24

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Indeedy.

Shall we have a whip round?

349Ken Anderson - update. - Page 18 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Oct 05 2017, 21:25

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Kane57 wrote:£15-20m pays off the hard debts and leaves Ken a nice profit
I was starting to feel a bit bitter until I read this.

350Ken Anderson - update. - Page 18 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Oct 05 2017, 21:32

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Have you been asleep for the last 9 months?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 33 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum