Bolton Wanderers Fans Forum

Last Match: Reading 0-1 Bolton
Next Match: Bolton v Birmingham - 22/08/2018 20:00
PLAYER RATINGS: Reading 0-1 Bolton (details)

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Ken Anderson - update.

Ken Anderson - update.

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 30 ... 34  Next

Go down  Message [Page 27 of 34]

781 Re: Ken Anderson - update. on Mon Apr 23 2018, 20:31

T.R.O.Y

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Who plays good football in a relegation scrapping side (of any English division).

Swansea, sometimes - maybe?

782 Re: Ken Anderson - update. on Mon Apr 23 2018, 21:06

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
There aren't many teams hoofing it to a little guy.

783 Re: Ken Anderson - update. on Mon Apr 23 2018, 21:17

T.R.O.Y

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Can’t argue, but remember we’re not doing that by Parky’s choice. If he had his way we’d have a replacement for Madine in.

784 Re: Ken Anderson - update. on Tue Apr 24 2018, 08:36

Norpig

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
He didn't get a replacement though and yet he still ends up hoofing it to ALF and now that hasn't worked he wastes Ameobi's talents by expecting him to be the target man even though it's plain to everyone he can't actually head a ball!
A good coach or manager should be able to adapt and not blindly keep doing the same thing in the hope it just might work.

785 Re: Ken Anderson - update. on Wed Apr 25 2018, 19:50

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I am sure like me that you will all be feeling a fresh wave of optimism following Nottingham Forest’s victory against Barnsley on Tuesday evening – a result that ensured our destiny is back in our own hands.

We know what we must do in our final two games, against Burton Albion on Saturday and Forest the following week - and we mustn’t get distracted by other games affecting other teams in the league.

There are similar parallels to last season in that our final two games then – against Port Vale away and Peterborough United at Macron Stadium – allowed us to control our own fate.

If we can achieve the same results in our final games, then we may consider this season to be an even more successful one than the last campaign.

Our support at Port Vale, and at home to Peterborough, was nothing short of phenomenal and without a doubt played a key role in us picking up those vital victories.

On Saturday, at Burton, we could have easily sold many thousands more tickets but unfortunately we were limited in what we could sell due to the restricted capacity at Pirrelli Stadium.

But I know for a fact, that those of you who will be travelling there will sing your hearts out for the players on the pitch and you will represent all those fellow fans who missed out on tickets.

We won’t underestimate Burton whatsoever, who themselves will feel that they can get the results that may see them climb the table. It will be tough, but our players are more than up for the challenges that lie ahead.

I cannot wait for the match and to witness your truly inspiring passion at first hand, just like we experienced at Oakwell a couple of weeks ago.

This season has had many twists and turns, as predicted, but to get here with just two games to go knowing that our Sky Bet Championship fate is in our own hands is more than we could have asked for at the beginning of the campaign.

Both home and away, you have stuck with us throughout and I cannot thank you enough for your passion and loyalty.

Being pragmatic, we must expect that nothing will be resolved until the final day of the season when we take on Forest, regardless of our result against Burton, and we hope that all the Bolton Family will be out in force at Macron Stadium to give us that final lift on Sunday 6 May.

As always, let's be loud, let's be proud and let’s get behind the team.

Ken

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

786 Re: Ken Anderson - update. on Thu Apr 26 2018, 12:31

Hipster_Nebula

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Loud and proud. That'll do it.

787 Re: Ken Anderson - update. on Sun Apr 29 2018, 22:22

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Following yesterday’s very disappointing result against Burton Albion I think that there is no point in me adding my comments and that everything that needs to be said has already been said in the media and on the social media channels and by the manager.

There has been a great deal of comment about the defensive strategy and team setup recently and we have taken this on board and having discussed this with the manager, l can assure you, that there will be a positive and offensive line up against Nottingham Forest this Sunday.

As l said in my notes recently, now is not the time to discuss the pros and cons of what has happened in recent games, there will be plenty of time for that after next Sunday, although I fully understand and share your hurt, frustrations and concerns. I can assure you they will all be addressed, as l intend to hold a no-holds-barred Q&A with you our loyal supporters and season ticket holders in a couple of weeks’ time after the dust has settled and everyone has had the time to gather their thoughts when everything will be clearer and calmer.

In the meantime, l continue to have a positive attitude and remain a glass half full type and believe in the saying, "Where there’s life there’s hope’. We still have a fair chance of staying up, albeit that we are now relying on other results, as well as our own and with Burton, Barnsley, Birmingham and Reading having very difficult games against Preston, Derby, Fulham and Cardiff respectively - everything is still to play for.

It Is vitally important that the Bolton Family all put recent results behind us, especially for our final game, as you all have done all season, and turn out in number to turn Macron Stadium into a wall of white and full of your vociferous backing for one final time this season and ensure that we achieve what we set out to do at the beginning of the campaign and retain Sky Bet Championship status.

At the risk of repeating myself, once again, l urge everyone of you, our loyal season ticket holders and supporters, to come along this Sunday at 12.30pm for what is now the most crucial and important game of the season, and also encourage your friends, family and colleagues to join you, as our need has never been greater. Tickets can be bought HERE.

Obviously, it will be a difficult and high tension game, but l truly believe, that it is winnable and if we can replicate the performance and vociferous support at home, that we achieved against Cardiff, Bristol City and Aston Villa earlier in the season, then we have a great opportunity to achieve the result that we so desperately need.

I am sure l don’t need to remind you of how over 22,000 of you that got behind the team for the final game last season against Peterborough significantly helped to achieve promotion. Hopefully, you will all return and do the same this Sunday and ensure that we retain our Championship status, which in my opinion, would be an even greater achievement than promotion and then to return next season, better prepared to consolidate our position in the second tier.

It’s never been more important than now to be loud and proud and get fully behind the team for one final push this season.

Kind regards

Ken

788 Re: Ken Anderson - update. on Sun Apr 29 2018, 23:32

Leeds_Trotter

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Well said Ken, let me pick the team.

789 Re: Ken Anderson - update. on Mon Apr 30 2018, 07:49

Soul Kitchen

Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Parky will finally get what he's been playing for the last few weeks on Sunday, a draw!!
Why let a trip to the Macron fuck up a good weekend Ken?
I've had enough fucked up this season!

790 Re: Ken Anderson - update. on Mon Apr 30 2018, 08:30

rammywhite

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

Well said Ken, let me pick the team.

Lets face it- we could all do better than Parkinson at picking the team. Will this be his swansong?

791 Re: Ken Anderson - update. on Mon Apr 30 2018, 10:57

Hipster_Nebula

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Whatever you think of Parkinson. Ken getting involved in team selection is absolutely ridiculous.

Complete and utter lack of respect for a principled man.

792 Re: Ken Anderson - update. on Mon Apr 30 2018, 11:22

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
It's not as ridiculous as picking a defensive side for a massive game against a team below you with the worst home record in the league.

While I agree it's unorthodox, I fully support his words.

If we beat Nottingham Forest with an attacking display Ken should make himself manager.

793 Re: Ken Anderson - update. on Mon Apr 30 2018, 12:09

Norpig

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I agree with Nat apart from the bit about making KA manager  Very Happy

794 Re: Ken Anderson - update. on Mon Apr 30 2018, 12:19

DEANO82

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Why does he mention Reading having a tough game?  No matter how attacking the  team Ken picks I can't see us scoring 14 goals.

795 Re: Ken Anderson - update. on Mon Apr 30 2018, 12:33

finlaymcdanger

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Dodgy territory for me this.

Undermining the manager is an admission of failure on his own part. He should have addressed the situation long ago if he didn't like Parkinson's negative approach because it has been a consistent issue all season. Throwing his weight around when we're dead and buried is far too late.

Also, a chairman going public over influencing team selection won't appeal to potential future managers. A massive mistake IMO.

796 Re: Ken Anderson - update. on Mon Apr 30 2018, 12:57

Hipster_Nebula

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Agreed. The guy is a disgrace

797 Re: Ken Anderson - update. on Mon Apr 30 2018, 13:25

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Agreed. The guy is a disgrace
It may not be his place to say it, but somebody has to say something when the manager is floundering. Anderson is a desperate man as his business plan continues to go up in smoke so in some ways it's not surprising that it's come from him.
However it's one thing to haul an employee over the coals when they are underperforming so badly, but it should be done in private and not via a press release. There was no need. If Parkinson goes with an attacking format he could have done so on the day and nobody would have thought twice about it so it comes across as the owner trying to ingratiate himself to the fans - and perhaps start to put some distance between himself and the manager?

798 Re: Ken Anderson - update. on Mon Apr 30 2018, 13:26

T.R.O.Y

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Dodgy territory for me this.

Undermining the manager is an admission of failure on his own part. He should have addressed the situation long ago if he didn't like Parkinson's negative approach because it has been a consistent issue all season. Throwing his weight around when we're dead and buried is far too late.

Also, a chairman going public over influencing team selection won't appeal to potential future managers. A massive mistake IMO.

Correct.

799 Re: Ken Anderson - update. on Mon Apr 30 2018, 13:43

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Why does he mention Reading having a tough game?  No matter how attacking the  team Ken picks I can't see us scoring 14 goals.
We can hardly score 14 goals in a season!

800 Re: Ken Anderson - update. on Wed May 02 2018, 20:23

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I would like to begin these notes by congratulating our Under-23s who have progressed to the Professional Development League final following their play-off victory against Charlton Athletic on Tuesday evening.

A huge congratulations must go to David Lee, his staff, the players and everybody involved in their success this season, especially as they finished top of the northern group.

We of course wish them well in their final against Nottingham Forest this Friday evening at the City Ground.

A special mention must also go to everybody involved with our Under-18s who reached the play-offs too, but were unlucky not to reach the final. Well done to everybody involved!

It was great to see such a fantastic turnout for Burnden Leisure’s AGM on Tuesday morning and I would like to thank everybody who came. It was the first such meeting held in four years and I feel it is crucially important that we continue to provide regular opportunities for all our stakeholders to meet with the club’s officers.

We also had time to field a somewhat impromptu Q&A session for all the shareholders in attendance which I hope shed more light on matters.

As I mentioned in my last set of notes, I’ll be holding a more general no-holds-barred-Q&A for all our season ticket holders and supporters. I will of course update you all on the date and time of this.

Ticket, hospitality and sponsorship sales are going very well for Sunday’s Sky Bet Championship game against Nottingham Forest with our opponents selling out of their allocation of just over 2,000 tickets.

We still need the entire Bolton Family to come along and cheer on the team for this crucial match. Tickets are available now and can be purchased by clicking [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Keep your eyes peeled later this week for Bolton Central’s end of season sale which will see big reductions on selected lines throughout the store. Now is the time to bag a bargain and wear your colours with pride for one final time this season.

Next week, we shall also be announcing our season ticket pricing for the 2018/19 campaign.

As always, being a season ticket holder will guarantee you the best prices for each of our league fixtures as well as providing you with many other benefits. I really hope that you all renew and encourage your family, friends and colleagues.

The EFL is currently encouraging supporters to take part in a survey in relation to safe standing at football stadia. I would like to encourage as many of you as possible to share your views, while more details can be found [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

The EFL are also putting to a vote, among the clubs, about whether or not to continue with the traditional match day programmes.

Currently, it is a mandatory requirement that all clubs produce them. However, some clubs would like to move away from this. It is our intention to continue with programmes for the foreseeable future but the club would really like to hear your thoughts and suggestions for them going forward.

Please email your feedback and thoughts on safe standing and the matchday programme to our Head of Marketing and Communications, Paul Holliday, via [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].uk. Your views are really important to us.

Throughout the summer, and before next season gets underway, we have a number of events in the stadium including the Sam Sexton v Hughie Fury British Heavyweight Title fight in the Premier Suite on Saturday 12 May.

Both boxers will be holding a public workout in the Premier Suite prior to this Sunday’s fixture against Nottingham Forest, details of which will be confirmed on the club's channels.

I had a pleasing and encouraging meeting with the hotel management team who are continually working on bringing in other high profile events and conferences which bring in vital income for our business.

On Monday 28 May at 6:30pm, there will be an exclusive preview screening of football comedy film ‘The Bromley Boys’ ahead of its general release on June 1.

It is a funny, feel-good, coming-of-age comedy, and as well as the screening there will be a Q&A session with some of the cast.

This weekend meanwhile, the Premier Suite will be hosting the Inspire Women’s Awards, which celebrates the huge wealth of outstanding contributions women have made to the wider Bolton area.

In June, there will be a Thai boxing tournament, while the Premier Suite will be holding a very special evening with former England footballer Paul Gascoigne on Saturday 2 June.

It will be a very busy summer indeed with The Killers and Little Mix concerts also taking place in July.

The hotel has had a great 12 months and is in line to attract some major international conferences over the next few months. The coming year is set to bring in record revenues and we are looking forward to making some exciting announcements over the coming weeks in regards to new events.

It is testament to our stature as a leading multipurpose sports and entertainment venue that we are now well and truly back on the map.

Please visit the Bolton Whites Hotel [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or follow them on social media to keep up to date with what’s going on.

As always however, let's be loud, be proud and get behind the boys as we aim to get the three points that may secure our place in the Sky Bet Championship.

Kind regards,

Ken

801 Re: Ken Anderson - update. on Fri May 04 2018, 11:39

BoltonTillIDie

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
As we approach our day of destiny this Sunday, I have been wholeheartedly encouraged by the response from the Bolton Family. Not only in terms of tickets sold for the match but also by the passionate support that has been shown to the team. From walking through the doors on Day One, I’ve always known how special this club is, but from what I’ve seen and heard this week I have been especially humbled by the love you all have for Bolton Wanderers Football Club.

I’ve received a number of messages from supporters of all ages which have been heartening to read and truly show just how much Wanderers means to you all.

We still need as many of you as possible to come to Macron Stadium and get behind the lads for one final time this season. We need to give the players every opportunity possible so please bring along your friends, family or colleagues to help boost the atmosphere and raise the roof. Tickets are available right up until kick off on Sunday and you can buy them online by clicking here. Bolton Central will also be open on Saturday.

It all comes down to this final 90 minutes of the season and I can reassure you all that the players are up for the challenge. I’ve been in regular contact with the manager this week and the players are determined to get the victory that will give us the chance of staying up.

Since my arrival at the club, this will indeed be the most important and crucial game the club has been involved in, and should we stay in this league I believe it will be a bigger success than promotion last season.

Due to the magnitude of the contest, the game may get off to a slow and nervy start but we politely ask that you all stay behind the team throughout.

I am confident that the lads will put in the shift of their lives and we also hope that fortune is on our side in respect of the results elsewhere.

It is very much clichéd to talk about twists and turns, and there have been several in recent weeks, but I’m sure there will be another on Sunday.

We announced details of our End of Season sale earlier this week, so please take the time to visit Bolton Central this weekend or browse online to take advantage of the huge reductions across our merchandise range.

Finally, our under 23s are in action tonight in the Professional Development League final against Nottingham Forest at the City Ground. They have had a very successful season finishing top of their division and tonight’s game will give them the opportunity of enjoying even more success. We wish them well.

So, for one final time this season, let’s be loud, let’s be proud and let’s get behind the boys on Sunday when they take on Nottingham Forest.

Kind regards,

Ken

802 Re: Ken Anderson - update. on Fri May 04 2018, 11:44

Norpig

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
You want a full house then put the prices down, £35 is too much!

803 Re: Ken Anderson - update. on Fri May 04 2018, 11:50

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:You want a full house then put the prices down, £35 is too much!

I didn't think it was that much! Shocked

35 quid is ridiculous!

804 Re: Ken Anderson - update. on Fri May 04 2018, 12:23

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I'd help you out with a free go in my box, but it's full up.

805 Re: Ken Anderson - update. on Fri May 04 2018, 12:31

Norpig

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Just checked on BWFC ticket website and the upper tier is £35 and the lower tiers £30-£32

806 Re: Ken Anderson - update. on Fri May 04 2018, 12:44

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I'd help you out with a free go in my box, but it's full up.

Sounds about right. Laughing

807 Re: Ken Anderson - update. on Sat May 05 2018, 10:22

Growler

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
It will be more difficult for Ken to beg for money with any authority if we are relegated due to him selling our best striker/top scorer and not putting any money into replacing him.
When season ticket sales are down due to his lack of investment in the team I expect he will blame the supporters for the raft of free transfers and loanees to come.Ken has previously blamed the players for not trying and the manager for picking the wrong team this season
Ken and Lee are like Liverpool FC when it comes to shifting the blame, it's never their fault.

808 Re: Ken Anderson - update. on Mon May 07 2018, 13:21

Sluffy

Admin
Well, where do I start? I am sure there were a few sore heads this morning. What a day! Football is like nothing else when it comes to stirring the emotions. Yesterday we experienced the full scale. From hope to despair then to pure unadulterated ecstasy all in the space of a few moments.
It was nothing less than we deserved and I am so pleased for all our supporters who have stuck with us throughout the entire campaign. That win was for you - the Bolton Family. I will never forget those joyous scenes at full time.

We were written off almost before a ball had been kicked at the beginning of the season and to find ourselves without a victory after 11 games must have brought fear into even the most eternal of optimists. Indeed, I’m led to believe that no team has ever survived a league campaign from such a torrid start.
But the manager stayed strong and we all kept our belief in him and the squad. After recovering from that very challenging start we started to get the results that gave us hope.

But as always there were many twists and turns along the route. I cannot believe how quickly the season went and before we knew it, we arrived at the last day knowing that we had to beat Forest and rely on our rivals to slip up.
Your support yesterday, as it has always been this season, was inspiring and magnificent. When it really matters you turn out in force and wear your hearts on your sleeves.
Our never-say-die spirit was on display and in full force. Lesser teams would have crumbled after our result against Burton Albion the previous week. The staff and players’ strength of character and will to succeed against all odds was on display yesterday and ultimately, along with your passion, got us over the line.
Many are describing what we achieved as a miracle and I cannot think of a better description. Yes, retaining our Sky Bet Championship status was what we had set out to achieve but to do so in such dramatic circumstances showed the character that resonates throughout the club. Even though the odds were heavily stacked against us and the time was ticking along we never gave up hope!

I well remember saying at the beginning of the season that if we finish one place above the bottom three then we will have won our own mini league. Well, we did it! Was it ever in doubt? Winning promotion last season was a tremendous achievement but like the manager has said and also in my opinion, retaining Championship status yesterday was probably an even bigger achievement insofar as it gives us the opportunity to go on and take the club back to the higher levels of where it truly belongs.
Truthfully, l think our season ticket holders, supporters, players, management and staff at the club, hotel and training ground have been magnificent and supportive throughout the long, testing  and arduous season that this has been, but yesterday is the just reward for all of that and fully deserved.

This has really been a truly monumental ending to a very difficult and, at times, frustrating season, and when you take into account the success throughout the club of the  under 18s and under 23s then and only then can we say that all in all we couldn’t have wished for anything else. Everybody throughout the club has given their all and played an essential part in ensuring we succeeded on every level of the playing field this season.
As they say, the table does not lie and all three sets of the tables that mattered to the club make for very good and pleasant reading today. Well done and congratulations to everyone.

I have to say that watching the supporters and players on the pitch yesterday, along with Lee, and all the people around me that have supported and assisted me over these last two seasons brought a lump to my throat and tears to my eyes. I cannot ever remember being so emotional about any football game in my entire life. I know l will remember yesterday for the rest of my life and l feel sure that you, our fantastic supporters, the players and management will do so too.

This season may be over but already the work for next season has begun. Over the next couple of weeks we will be releasing details of next season’s ticket prices and talking to players and their agents. The recruitment team have been busy over the recent weeks scouting players here and across Europe and we all have a very busy but exciting time ahead of us which was made easier and clearer after yesterday’s fantastic performance and result. But we cannot, and will not, rest on our laurels and the hard work of ensuring we consolidate our success on all levels this season now begins in earnest.
I along with Paul Aldridge, who throughout the last two seasons has been a true shoulder to lean on and has been absolutely fantastic in holding everything together and making sure one way or another that everything was in place and got done, will now restart the quest of looking for and hopefully finding investment to ensure we will be able to compete with the so-called richer clubs of this what is now in reality a mini Premier League, and give ourselves a realistic chance of challenging the top six for a place in the Premier League in the not too distant future.

I would also like to pay some praise to our Head of Finance Richard Eaton and his team to whom I owe so much for all their hard work and support. They have helped us overcome the difficult financial legacy we inherited.
Also, I would like to offer my gratitude to our Head of Marketing and Communications Paul Holliday and the marketing, communications and commercial teams for their never-flinching support and efforts they have all made in getting sponsors and the like on board and for ensuring our hospitality guests are well looked after.
Indeed, I must thank every single member of staff in all our departments for their hard work throughout this campaign.

At the recent AGM, I said l will be holding a no holds barred Q&A immediately after the end of the season and the details of date and time for this will be finalised this week. I hope as many of you as possible will come along to ensure that we are all singing from the same hymn sheet and have an open and transparent discussion and together constructively plan for next season.

Whilst the season might have finished life in and around the club has not and it would be remiss of me not to mention the up and coming events being held over the next few months at the stadium, hotel and suites:
The British Heavyweight Title contest between Sam Sexton and Hughie Fury – Saturday 12 May
Exclusive preview screening of football comedy Bromley Boys - 28 May - Monday 28 May
An Evening with Paul Gascoigne - Saturday 2 June
And of course The Killers and Little Mix concerts on Friday 13 July and Saturday 14 July respectively.
Please show your support by attending these events. Also, please follow Bolton Whites Hotel’s social media channels to keep up to date.
Our End of Season sale over in Bolton Central has been extended to give everyone a final opportunity to pick up some memorabilia to remind yourselves of what a great season this has been for everyone. Please visit the store in person or shop online.
Enjoy the Bank Holiday and carry on with your celebrations - you all deserve it!
Ken

809 Re: Ken Anderson - update. on Thu May 10 2018, 17:10

MartinBWFC

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Nixon reporting negotiations underway with Saudi family.

810 Re: Ken Anderson - update. on Thu May 10 2018, 17:15

Leeds_Trotter

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Knowing us, they'll be the poorest Saudi family going.

Back to top  Message [Page 27 of 34]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 30 ... 34  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum