Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Crystal Palace 2-1 Bolton - Match Report Post #37

+11
wessy
Bolton Nuts
rammywhite
boltonbonce
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
whatsgoingon
gloswhite
Norpig
BoltonTillIDie
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Later we will once again do battle with Sam Allardyce's Crystal Palace.  Can we pull of a shock victory against an expected weakend Palace team.  £250k and a potential televised game awaits Us if we come out as the victors!

I'm going for a 1-2.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i will get stick for this but i hope we are knocked out. We don't have a big enough squad to cope with extra games in the cup and need to concentrate on getting put of league 1.

The team look knackered on Saturday and need another game tonight like they need a hole in the head. We don't have a big enough squad and this is a distraction. We have a decent first team but not enough in reserve.

I know Big Sam is resting players tonight and i hope we do the same

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Mr Pig, he was on the box this morning, saying that the cup wasn't his priority. Obviously prepping his players for an exit, due to Bolton's power play.  Laughing
I see where you are coming from hoping we will lose, and its a real issue, but I feel that a win will boost confidence, make the players play better, (to be included in the Man City game), and make us more attractive to new players. 
Mind you, its all speculation, as we're going to get stuffed 3-1  Very Happy

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i am torn on it to be honest, the extra money would come in useful and a game against City would at least interest my Son who is a blue unfortunately, but i don't want it to cause us to lose focus on getting straight back up to the Championship

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

True, but lets be honest, as soon as the team gets in to a good situation, they have a habit of cocking it up, (Chesterfield and Swindon games in particular).

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

My ideal is a win tonight, followed by a big payday (it's also on TV if we win) and a hard fought but creditable loss against City.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:True, but lets be honest, as soon as the team gets in to a good situation, they have a habit of cocking it up, (Chesterfield and Swindon games in particular).
I think that's only when they are playing against a so-called "lesser team" as they seem to believe their own hype at times. I expect them to raise their game against Premiership opposition especially the likes of wheater and spearing who have something to prove. Wouldn't surprise me if one of them got sent off. I expect us to lose as they have so much more quality than we do but as always live in the hope that they'll find a good performance. Not sure where we'll get goals from though unless it's from  set piece and the big lads get forward. Still it's the FA Cup so there's always a chance.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:i will get stick for this but i hope we are knocked out.

Norpig, I speak for everyone when I say a big fat "fuck off".

What sort of "fan" says he wants his team to lose, especially when there's the carrot of City at home.

You seem to be suggesting that if we beat Crystal Palace our season is over and we will be lucky to avoid relegation. You fuckwit. Ever thought about the confidence a victory over a Prem team would bring?

I demand an apology by noon or an official death threat will be issued.

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

We're a League 1 club flying high in the league and have been drawn against a Premier League team. Not at all dissimilar to Rioch taking his third division Bolton team to take on first division opposition in 1993(?) and effectively starting what was to be an incredible run for the club which saw us go on to another amazing cup run the following year, promotion, and eventual rise to the top division. These were my best years as a Wanderers fan. I would even go as far as to say that I got more pleasure from this period than Allardyce's Premier League years.

I just can't get excited about it though.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We're gonna win this, I can feel it in my water.

Palace 0-1 Bolton

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ref watch: Stuart Attwell to take charge of Crystal Palace Emirates FA Cup trip

Stuart Attwell will oversee Wanderers' Emirates FA Cup third round replay away at Crystal Palace on Tuesday night.

An experienced Premier League official, the Warwickshire-based referee will be running the rule over his 13th Whites fixture.

Mr Attwell took charge of three Bolton outings last season, with the most recent being the Trotters' 2-1 home victory over Rotherham United in February 2016.

He has refereed 15 games so far this campaign, dishing out 52 yellow cards and three red cards.

David Bryan and Harry Lennard will run the line while Oliver Langford is the fourth official.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

karlypants wrote:We're gonna win this, I can feel it in my water.

Palace 0-1 Bolton

I fear the reverse, kp. Not convinced we've got a goal in us against top flight defence. Hope I'm wrong though.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Norpig wrote:i will get stick for this but i hope we are knocked out.

Norpig, I speak for everyone when I say a big fat "fuck off".

What sort of "fan" says he wants his team to lose, especially when there's the carrot of City at home.

You seem to be suggesting that if we beat Crystal Palace our season is over and we will be lucky to avoid relegation. You fuckwit. Ever thought about the confidence a victory over a Prem team would bring?

I demand an apology by noon or an official death threat will be issued.
did you actually read my post or did you just see the first line then went off on a rant?

I'm saying a cup run is a distraction and stretches our already knackered and paper thin squad. I never said we would be relegated but it could affect our chances of going up.

Promotion has to be the main priority doesn't it?

As for the death threat at least Glos will be off the hook for a change  Very Happy

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:did you actually read my post or did you just see the first line then went off on a rant?

Yes.

Norpig wrote:I'm saying a cup run is a distraction and stretches our already knackered and paper thin squad. I never said we would be relegated but it could affect our chances of going up.

As for the death threat at least Glos will be off the hook for a change  Very Happy

So winning tonight will have a negative effect on promotion? But losing tonight will be a positive?

Dear me, what an attitude.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We aren't going to win the cup so why do you care? 

When i look back on this season i want to remember it for us going up not for a cup run. Its not like the white hot days when we had been in the lower leagues for years, we need to bounce back to the Championship as soon as possible or we will be stuck in league 1 for years.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Norpig wrote:did you actually read my post or did you just see the first line then went off on a rant?

Yes.

Norpig wrote:I'm saying a cup run is a distraction and stretches our already knackered and paper thin squad. I never said we would be relegated but it could affect our chances of going up.

So winning tonight will have a negative effect on promotion? But losing tonight will be a positive?

Dear me, what an attitude.
It's an interesting attitude. It could be argued that if there is an element of the players believing their own hype and therefore not putting in 100% concentration in games against "lesser teams", beating a Premiership side would only make them even more cocky than they already are - and ergo more likely to cock up the promotion push.
Personally I think that's a risk worth taking because I'd love to beat Palace. And City for that matter.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Will Pratley start tonight? 
I'd have thought this was the perfect opportunity for Parky to reintroduce him.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:We aren't going to win the cup so why do you care? 

When i look back on this season i want to remember it for us going up not for a cup run. Its not like the white hot days when we had been in the lower leagues for years, we need to bounce back to the Championship as soon as possible or we will be stuck in league 1 for years.

We might win the cup, surely that's the point of supporting a football team.

I'd rather win the FA Cup than get promoted.

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Norpig wrote:We aren't going to win the cup so why do you care? 

We might win the cup, surely that's the point of supporting a football team.

I'd rather win the FA Cup than get promoted.

Thats a good one. Take it to the polls! 2017 FA Cup Winners or League 1 Play-Off Winners

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

if we win the FA cup i'll show my arse on the town hall steps and post it on here  Very Happy

I will also acclaim Nat as the greatest and most knowledgeable Bolton fan alive  :rofl:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum