Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nuts for Nuts

+10
Sluffy
Boggersbelief
Chairmanda
boltonbonce
Bwfc1958
Natasha Whittam
Bollotom2014
Fabians Right Peg
Norpig
finlaymcdanger
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Nuts for Nuts Empty Nuts for Nuts Wed Jan 18 2017, 19:18

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I couldn't help noticing how quiet it has been on here this past week and wondered when the bans are up. My path on here is usually to just click on 'view posts since last visit' and see who is around but there doesn't seem to be much activity recently apart from Tash and the Pigster. Hopefully Breadman comes back soon otherwise those snowflakes will turn into tumbleweed before you know it.

Anyhow, that led me to wondering what times of the day and week Nuts is busiest. I tend to just login randomly throughout the day on weekdays - between meetings at work and especially at lunchtime when I'm enduring another dull salad. Then, at the weekend I'll typically have a quick sniff around in the mornings before being dragged off to take the kids to football or 'make something of the weekend'.

Wondering when you other Nutters are most likely to be on here posting?

Sluffy - any analytics to share on the busiest times of day / days?

2Nuts for Nuts Empty Re: Nuts for Nuts Wed Jan 18 2017, 19:25

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i tend to post during the day when i'm supposed to be working  Very Happy. I'll have it in the background all day so i can finish a job and then have a look before starting my next boring task.

I do come on at night sometimes but it never seems as busy and at the weekends when i get time.

I do hope Breaders comes back (my avatar is showing my support). I know he's like marmite on here but he does contribute a lot. Not sure about Boggers though, he's had too many chances and never changes

3Nuts for Nuts Empty Re: Nuts for Nuts Wed Jan 18 2017, 19:29

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:i tend to post during the day when i'm supposed to be working  Very Happy. I'll have it in the background all day so i can finish a job and then have a look before starting my next boring task.

I do come on at night sometimes but it never seems as busy and at the weekends when i get time.

I do hope Breaders comes back (my avatar is showing my support). I know he's like marmite on here but he does contribute a lot. Not sure about Boggers thought, he's had too many chances and never changes

My avatar is in support of Breaders too. Duuuuur  Very Happy

4Nuts for Nuts Empty Re: Nuts for Nuts Wed Jan 18 2017, 19:34

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:i tend to post during the day when i'm supposed to be working  Very Happy. I'll have it in the background all day so i can finish a job and then have a look before starting my next boring task.

I do hope Breaders comes back (my avatar is showing my support). I know he's like marmite on here but he does contribute a lot. Not sure about Boggers though, he's had too many chances and never changes

Who is Fuckface btw? I think I missed the showdown. Bread, Nat, Sluffy or the other twat?

5Nuts for Nuts Empty Re: Nuts for Nuts Wed Jan 18 2017, 20:51

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sunday evening, gives me time to mull over the match and gloat about how well the American football is going. cheers

6Nuts for Nuts Empty Re: Nuts for Nuts Wed Jan 18 2017, 21:28

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

My avatar too is in support of Breaders...It isn't really but I do support him in most ways. I think once the wire is in view, probably end of Feb and the excitement, or disappointment begins then other posters may post more often. I get lots of loooonnngggg duties so it can be a while before I can get on and then I go through all the posts, even the crappy ones. It's still quite a good site, as opposed to other BWFC sites and I do look forward to jumping back in.

7Nuts for Nuts Empty Re: Nuts for Nuts Wed Jan 18 2017, 21:36

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bollotom2014 wrote:My avatar too is in support of Breaders...It isn't really but I do support him in most ways. I think once the wire is in view, probably end of Feb and the excitement, or disappointment begins then other posters may post more often. I get lots of loooonnngggg duties so it can be a while before I can get on and then I go through all the posts, even the crappy ones. It's still quite a good site, as opposed to other BWFC sites and I do look forward to jumping back in.

Thanks for following my work.

8Nuts for Nuts Empty Re: Nuts for Nuts Wed Jan 18 2017, 21:52

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Bollotom2014 wrote:My avatar too is in support of Breaders...It isn't really but I do support him in most ways. I think once the wire is in view, probably end of Feb and the excitement, or disappointment begins then other posters may post more often. I get lots of loooonnngggg duties so it can be a while before I can get on and then I go through all the posts, even the crappy ones. It's still quite a good site, as opposed to other BWFC sites and I do look forward to jumping back in.

Thanks for following my work.

I think your posts come in the 'crappy ones' bracket. He was just being polite not naming names.

9Nuts for Nuts Empty Re: Nuts for Nuts Wed Jan 18 2017, 23:10

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Poor health has been keeping me off,but I'm hopeful of an improvement. 

I bet that gives you something to look forward to. Razz

Although I've not been posting much,I've been checking up on you from time to time,and,as ever,you never fail to cheer me up.

Thanks for that. Although the death threat from Nat was a jarring note. Very Happy

10Nuts for Nuts Empty Re: Nuts for Nuts Thu Jan 19 2017, 00:04

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Get better soon boncemeister

11Nuts for Nuts Empty Re: Nuts for Nuts Thu Jan 19 2017, 11:02

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was banned because sluffy is a plank, not because I did anything wrong

12Nuts for Nuts Empty Re: Nuts for Nuts Thu Jan 19 2017, 11:18

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

And he's back, calling the site owner a plank will speed up another ban i reckon  Very Happy

I'm going to make it my mission to be nicer to you Boggers, not sure how long it will last but i'll try

13Nuts for Nuts Empty Re: Nuts for Nuts Thu Jan 19 2017, 13:47

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Chairmanda wrote:Get better soon boncemeister
Thanks Manda. I'm getting thoroughly sick of wandering about in my pyjamas.

The manager at Curry's isn't too happy about it either.

14Nuts for Nuts Empty Re: Nuts for Nuts Fri Jan 20 2017, 12:40

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Boggersbelief wrote:

I was banned because sluffy is a plank, not because I did anything wrong

Nuts for Nuts Screen11

15Nuts for Nuts Empty Re: Nuts for Nuts Fri Jan 20 2017, 14:21

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Anybody else ever look at any other BWFC forums?

There's not that many left now to be honest.

We all know Bolton Banter deleted themselves and Burnden Aces closed its forum at the beginning of this month and is now just a rehashed news forum (taking articles from the NewsNow collating site and the clubs own website, rewording them a bit and publishing them as its own articles).

It has always done this but tellingly it has increased its online traffic to its site since it closed its forum (which was ultimately unmodded and populated by some utterly bizarre fake accounts)!

There must be a moral in there, about that I would think?

There are two 'big' BWFC forums - or at least there used to be!

The Wanderer has declined alarmingly recently, and not including the posts from an old buffoon who types out radio commentary longhand on match days in an attempt to be a sort of on-line Stuart Hall (why not listen to Radio Nuts instead?) has a similar weekly post count as we have had recently.

Indeed this is one of their post about missing posters on there from two days ago -

"They had a row on the politics thread I think...

I miss Bobo. One of the few right of centre posters and it was always interesting to read his take on things. I miss Bish too but he was ridiculously argumentative and picky at times.

I fear for Lost Leopard Spot and presume he's no longer with us  

WtW is a thoroughly decent chap and the forum is certainly a poorer place without him too".

Note - the four posters mention all had in excess of 10,000 post each, a couple having considerably more.

The only surviving site that can be considered to be at all in any good shape is Wanderers Ways and even that has shot itself in the foot recently by the owner introducing a charge for members to post on the 'general' part of the forum.  It went down like a lead balloon!

The site was formed by a core of hard-core Bolton fans who knew each other and that core is still there to this day, hence its guaranteed survival long term.

There are one or two mini sites about such as JA606 which relies on just four main posters and the Mavis and Bolton Mad site's, which are more or less dead.

That leaves us!

Clearly a year or so of people putting their personal agendas in front of what it meant for the site and the rest of us Nutters have badly damaged the site - maybe even terminally.

In that time we've had all sorts of prima donna stuff from threats of 'if you don't ban so-and-so, then I'm not going to post', to people flouncing off the site and deleting their accounts, and reappearing again sometime later.

Now we are all grown up on here - or at least we should be - so if you want Nuts (and Radio Nuts also don't forget!) to continue then post, or if your ego is more important to you than having a site then sit back and watch us slowly fade away.

Up to you really.

Use us or lose us - the choice is yours.

16Nuts for Nuts Empty Re: Nuts for Nuts Fri Jan 20 2017, 14:38

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy, maybe stop being a power crazed nutjob and banning people left right and centre.. because you can.

You're killing the site more than anybody else

17Nuts for Nuts Empty Re: Nuts for Nuts Fri Jan 20 2017, 14:49

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Boggersbelief wrote:Sluffy, maybe stop being a power crazed nutjob and banning people left right and centre.. because you can.

Maybe you are right.

Fake accounts, having agendas and trolling is clearly what those who post the most want - and fuck the rest of us.

Seemed to work well for Burnden Aces...

Rolling Eyes

18Nuts for Nuts Empty Re: Nuts for Nuts Fri Jan 20 2017, 14:54

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Boggersbelief wrote:Sluffy, maybe stop being a power crazed nutjob and banning people left right and centre.. because you can.

This. ^

Spot on comment.

19Nuts for Nuts Empty Re: Nuts for Nuts Fri Jan 20 2017, 14:57

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bread2.0 wrote:

This. ^

Spot on comment.

Ha ha ha!

And who's been following the site all this time incognito!

You just couldn't wait to bite could you!

Razz

20Nuts for Nuts Empty Re: Nuts for Nuts Fri Jan 20 2017, 15:13

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

What do you mean "following the site all this time incognito!", you crazy bastard?

You banned me for a week so I couldn't log in but I did keep an eye on how things were progressing out of interest and because people were emailing me and asking me questions.

Hardly makes me a fucking stalker, does it, you daft twat?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum