Bolton Wanderers Fans Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Green bins.

Green bins.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Green bins. on Mon Jan 23 2017, 18:40

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I've just paid out £30 for the privilege of having our green bin emptied this year.

They've sent me a sticker to put on the bin to prove I've paid,but I'm not happy about it.

Is this happening across the country? And will you be paying up?

2 Re: Green bins. on Mon Jan 23 2017, 18:47

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I have no idea what you're on about, why do you have to pay?

3 Re: Green bins. on Mon Jan 23 2017, 18:50

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Natasha Whittam wrote:I have no idea what you're on about, why do you have to pay?
Here in Warrington we're having to pay £30 per year to have the green bins emptied. If your bin doesn't have a 'paid' sticker on it,it won't get emptied.
I was wondering if the same was happening everywhere else.

4 Re: Green bins. on Mon Jan 23 2017, 18:57

Chairmanda

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
£47 per year for me

5 Re: Green bins. on Mon Jan 23 2017, 18:58

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Chairmanda wrote:£47 per year for me
I'm sure they have a better class of garden waste in Bath. Very Happy

6 Re: Green bins. on Mon Jan 23 2017, 19:41

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
There would be a riot if they tried to charge to collect rubbish at Whittam Towers.

7 Re: Green bins. on Mon Jan 23 2017, 19:52

finlaymcdanger

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
boltonbonce wrote:Is this happening across the country? And will you be paying up?

No mention of a charge on the Lewisham Council site so I think we're in the clear. For now.

8 Re: Green bins. on Mon Jan 23 2017, 20:30

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Councils are becoming pathetic.

9 Re: Green bins. on Mon Jan 23 2017, 20:31

DEANO82

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
boltonbonce wrote:I've just paid out £30 for the privilege of having our green bin emptied this year.

They've sent me a sticker to put on the bin to prove I've paid,but I'm not happy about it.

What stops other people from peeling the sticker off and sticking it to their bin? Or just stealing your bin?

10 Re: Green bins. on Mon Jan 23 2017, 20:31

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I'm surprised that Nick Peel and Clifford brown envelope Morris at the Bolton council are not all over this!

11 Re: Green bins. on Mon Jan 23 2017, 20:40

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
DEANO82 wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:I've just paid out £30 for the privilege of having our green bin emptied this year.

What stops other people from peeling the sticker off and sticking it to their bin? Or just stealing your bin?
The sticker has our address and account number on it. A few people are talking about sharing a bin.

12 Re: Green bins. on Mon Jan 23 2017, 20:50

DEANO82

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
boltonbonce wrote:
DEANO82 wrote:

The sticker has our address and account number on it. A few people are talking about sharing a bin.
Can you not pay by direct debit. £2.50 a month.

13 Re: Green bins. on Mon Jan 23 2017, 20:52

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Wasn't given that option. In fact,people who can't pay online have to pay £3 extra.

14 Re: Green bins. on Mon Jan 23 2017, 21:13

Sluffy

Admin
Refuse collection is a statutory requirement and residential properties already pay for the service as part of the Council Tax.

I guess what people are paying for is some sort of additional service to that of domestic provision?

Domestic waste collected ultimately goes to landfill, where there is a tax (landfill tax appropriately enough) levied on every tonne deposited there.  The idea behind the tax is to get local authorities to concentrate on minimising domestic waste by means of increasing recycling collection - and thus reducing the tonnage going to landfill (and having to pat the tax on it).

If the reason you have a 'green bin' is to recycle normal household waste - such as paper and glass for instance, then I can't understand why you are being charged for the service?

If the council specifies a certain means of collection - such as a bin service - I would have thought they would provide the bins free of charge.

I'm sure there must be a reasonable explanation for the charge from the council but I have no idea what it is from what you have said?

Maybe the explanation is on your local council's website?

15 Re: Green bins. on Mon Jan 23 2017, 21:17

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
The green bins are for garden waste only. Woe betide anyone who puts anything else in them.
Here's the full guff.

https://greenwaste.warrington.gov.uk/GardenwasteSubscription

16 Re: Green bins. on Mon Jan 23 2017, 21:24

Sluffy

Admin
boltonbonce wrote:The green bins are for garden waste only. Woe betide anyone who puts anything else in them.
Here's the full guff.

https://greenwaste.warrington.gov.uk/GardenwasteSubscription

Turn your bin upside down and use it as a composter.

Problem solved!

Very Happy

17 Re: Green bins. on Mon Jan 23 2017, 21:27

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Good idea. Very Happy Wonder if I can get my money back?

18 Re: Green bins. on Mon Jan 23 2017, 21:42

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
This is why I would be pissed at having to pay this and it really is a bloody cheek.

I found out through a genuinely disabled group of people I know that cannot work and Bolton council have changed the requirements where those who are of working age and on benefits have to contribute 12.5% towards their council tax.

19 Re: Green bins. on Mon Jan 23 2017, 21:57

Cajunboy

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I live in Poulton-le-Fylde which is in the Wyre Borough Council area.

This will be second year that we are being charged £30 for the  collection of the green bin for garden rubbish.

That is for one green bin, extra green bins are £25 each and must be supplied by Wyre Borough.

20 Re: Green bins. on Tue Jan 24 2017, 13:09

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
boltonbonce wrote:The green bins are for garden waste only. Woe betide anyone who puts anything else in them.
That makes a bit more sense. Here, green bins are for general waste and we can hire brown bins for garden waste (£45 a year) I'm thinking of getting one when the weather perks up because I get tons of garden waste and the cost is offset by not having to go to the tip 20 times a year.

21 Re: Green bins. on Tue Jan 24 2017, 13:32

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
wanderlust wrote:That makes a bit more sense. Here, green bins are for general waste and we can hire brown bins for garden waste (£45 a year) I'm thinking of getting one when the weather perks up because I get tons of garden waste and the cost is offset by not having to go to the tip 20 times a year.

Is this what you did to your last bin?

22 Re: Green bins. on Tue Jan 24 2017, 13:41

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Razz I'm loving that. Pop in a commode,and I'm in.

23 Re: Green bins. on Tue Jan 24 2017, 13:49

Boggersbelief

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Very Happy

24 Re: Green bins. on Tue Jan 24 2017, 16:28

Norpig

Jussi Jääskeläinen
Jussi Jääskeläinen
this hasn't made it's way to Manchester but it won't be long i bet, they've already swapped to slim bins like in Bolton

25 Re: Green bins. on Tue Jan 24 2017, 16:38

Boggersbelief

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Norpig wrote:this hasn't made it's way to Manchester but it won't be long i bet, they've already swapped to slim bins like in Bolton

Have city started using them yet?

26 Re: Green bins. on Tue Jan 24 2017, 16:54

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Might as well kill two birds with one stone. Very Happy

27 Re: Green bins. on Tue Jan 24 2017, 17:01

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:That makes a bit more sense. Here, green bins are for general waste and we can hire brown bins for garden waste (£45 a year) I'm thinking of getting one when the weather perks up because I get tons of garden waste and the cost is offset by not having to go to the tip 20 times a year.

Is this what you did to your last bin?

Obviously. That's why it says "get the f*** orf my armchair" in Urdu on the side.

28 Re: Green bins. on Wed Jan 25 2017, 10:28

Bwfc1958

Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!
In Salford we have a pink lidded bin for garden waste but that same bin is also used for food waste (they give you biodegradable bags to put the food in) and it gets emptied weekly. The day I have to start paying for stuff to be recycled is the day I stop recycling.

29 Re: Green bins. on Wed Jan 25 2017, 13:09

gloswhite

Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
They stopped providing bags for food down here, very soon after they started the scheme, and now say that any plastic bag is acceptable.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum