Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Other games being played today thread.

+16
Norpig
Bread2.0
NickFazer
gloswhite
Boggersbelief
Cajunboy
DEANO82
Natasha Whittam
Fabians Right Peg
wanderlust
Chairmanda
Bwfc1958
wessy
boltonbonce
MartinBWFC
Sluffy
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Reading the comments coming out of the camp, it seems we are in a really good place mentally, and tomorrow promises to be a good game. I just hope they don't catch us napping, as then anything could happen.
It seems that they've been doing well by being a physical team. Lets hope they come up against our brick wall, and psychologically, (for the other contenders), we come away with a big, and convincing, win.

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Start well, get in front and we will be ok.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggers wrote:Party knows his way around big games.

He's an animal.
On safari.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sheff U v Bradford coming up at lunchtime and I'm wondering if Shef U will be celebrating their promotion and giving their Yorkshire colleagues a free pass?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Why would any team want to celebrate winning the league, by letting one of their local rivals beat them at home, in front of their own fans?

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

GOAL!!!!!!

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

just about to say the same thing, come on you blades!

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

GOAL!!!

AGAIN!!!

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sheff U clearly not on the beach yet.

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

So, if Bradford continue to lose, fleetwood get beat, and Scunthorpe don't win, we can be promoted mathematically if we beat bury tomorrow? Have I got that right? If Scunny win, it's still possible they can go up automatically but it would take a gd turn around of monumental proportions? Getting nervous.

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

AND ANOTHER!!!

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

job done, now a Millwall win or a draw would do

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Chairmanda wrote:So, if Bradford continue to lose, fleetwood get beat, and Scunthorpe don't win, we can be promoted mathematically if we beat bury tomorrow? Have I got that right? If Scunny win, it's still possible they can go up automatically but it would take a gd turn around of monumental proportions? Getting nervous.

Not even thinking about it until after the Fleetwood/Millwall game

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Trouble is Bury could be in the bottom 4 by tomorrow and that will add extra incentive and pressure for both sides. I think i'll be watching through my fingers for the 90 minutes

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Chairmanda wrote:So, if Bradford continue to lose, fleetwood get beat, and Scunthorpe don't win, we can be promoted mathematically if we beat bury tomorrow? Have I got that right? If Scunny win, it's still possible they can go up automatically but it would take a gd turn around of monumental proportions? Getting nervous.

Well not really Manda.

At the moment we have a GD of 27 and Scunthorpe 21, so if we lose our remaining three games just 1-0 and they win theirs 1-0, then our GD will be tied on 24 apiece.  Quite achievable actually.

It won't happen though and we will be promoted well before the seasons end imo.

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sluffy wrote:

Well not really Manda.

At the moment we have a GD of 27 and Scunthorpe 21, so if we lose our remaining three games just 1-0 and they win theirs 1-0, then our GD will be tied on 24 apiece.  Quite achievable actually.

It won't happen though and we will be promoted well before the seasons end imo.
Good mathematical points Sluffy... but we will win at least one, if not two, and go up.  Then the job of mathematics, business acumen, and finding the right players comes in.  Even if Parky is a one-trick pony, he did the job of bringing in the players we needed... both at the beginning of the season and at mid-season... at almost no cost to the club... and hopefully will have us promoted.

BTW - Scunthorpe has the easiest run in... but those bottom teams can play hard when faced with relegation as we found out on Tuesday.  One win for us should effectively knock them out (assuming we can hold the GD as Scunny can try and run up their goals in their wins - that would be the irony if we lost on GD).

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Millwall doing their best to help us early doors. 69% possession, and 4 shots (3OT) in the first 10 minutes - but haven't scored. At least they're giving it a go.

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Scunthorpe winning, currently gone third in table

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Chairmanda wrote:Scunthorpe winning, currently gone third in table
They have the easiest run in... and are closest to us in GD.  We really need to win by 2 or 3 tomorrow night to feel much more secure.

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Scunthorpe 2 up

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum