Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Trump v May

Trump v May

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

151 Re: Trump v May on Thu Jun 08 2017, 20:47

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Looks like he's been told to keep the really juicy stuff out of the public gaze "in the national interest" so presumably trump will get away with it. 

How he can say that he can't tell the enquiry is beyond me.

152 Re: Trump v May on Sat Jun 10 2017, 16:32

gloswhite

Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
Because, at this level, there really are things that shouldn't be in the public domain. 
Unfortunately, Trump seems to think his role as POTUS puts him above not only the law, but common sense, and acceptable behavior. It won't be too long before he's impeached, unless he starts to behave like a politician, and not an untouchable company director.

153 Re: Trump v May on Sat Jun 10 2017, 16:36

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I'd settle for him behaving like he's,at the very least,on nodding terms with sanity.

Someone on US TV described him as 'a horse loose in a hospital',which is pretty fair comment. Very Happy

154 Re: Trump v May on Sat Jun 10 2017, 18:16

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
gloswhite wrote:Because, at this level, there really are things that shouldn't be in the public domain. 
Unfortunately, Trump seems to think his role as POTUS puts him above not only the law, but common sense, and acceptable behavior. It won't be too long before he's impeached, unless he starts to behave like a politician, and not an untouchable company director.
I agree that national security is a primary concern but if it turns out that the election was rigged by the Russians or that classified info was leaked to them then trump shouldn't be Potus anyway and the American people have the right to know.

Corruption at the highest level "trumps" national security imo.

155 Re: Trump v May on Tue Jun 13 2017, 21:17

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Have to say that the attorney general  recusing himself without any legal basis re the comey sacking is phenomenal tv.

156 Re: Trump v May on Wed Jun 14 2017, 09:58

gloswhite

Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
It'll be interesting to see if another key witness, (bugger, forgotten his name), will be sacked by Trump. 
Its all becoming farcical, and sooner or later, he will fall flat on his face, and deservedly so.

157 Re: Trump v May on Fri Jun 16 2017, 13:10

okocha

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Both Trump and May have vital, big chunks missing from their hearts. Corbyn and the Queen giving May a lesson in humanity.

158 Re: Trump v May on Mon Jun 26 2017, 16:06

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
May has had to cough up £1 BILLION extra funding for Northern Ireland to buy the DUP vote.

Simultaneously the Supreme Court has partially lifted the injunction against Donald Trump re the travel ban so it looks like some of his proposal to stop people arriving from 6 countries - if they don't have a bona fide relationship with an American - will go into effect.

159 Re: Trump v May on Mon Jun 26 2017, 16:08

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
wanderlust wrote:May has had to cough up £1 BILLION extra funding for Northern Ireland to buy the DUP vote.

In other words,it's a bung.

160 Re: Trump v May on Mon Jun 26 2017, 16:09

Norpig

John McGinlay
John McGinlay
So there is a magic money tree after all? Mrs May was telling fibs then.

161 Re: Trump v May on Mon Jun 26 2017, 17:09

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I want to punch her in the face.

162 Re: Trump v May on Mon Jun 26 2017, 17:10

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Ha ha, because Labour or any other party wouldn't have done the same would they?

163 Re: Trump v May on Mon Jun 26 2017, 23:42

Reebok Trotter

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Trump is allegedly making the wall between the USA and Mexico out of solar panels so that the heat generated will benefit Mexico's economy.  :facepalm:

164 Re: Trump v May on Wed Jun 28 2017, 12:39

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
boltonbonce wrote:
wanderlust wrote:May has had to cough up £1 BILLION extra funding for Northern Ireland to buy the DUP vote.

In other words,it's a bung.
No other words required mate.

That's a school per vote.

165 Re: Trump v May on Wed Jun 28 2017, 14:14

gloswhite

Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
Lets hope they aren't as generous with the EU

166 Re: Trump v May on Wed Jun 28 2017, 15:44

xmiles

Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
gloswhite wrote:Lets hope they aren't as generous with the EU

So how many billions do you think they will agree to pay the EU?

167 Re: Trump v May on Thu Jun 29 2017, 10:52

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
xmiles wrote:
gloswhite wrote:Lets hope they aren't as generous with the EU

So how many billions do you think they will agree to pay the EU?
£350 million per week?

168 Re: Trump v May on Fri Jun 30 2017, 17:47

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

169 Re: Trump v May on Fri Jun 30 2017, 23:17

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

170 Re: Trump v May on Sat Jul 01 2017, 13:18

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Yesterday, the French press were revelling in Britain's demise as they anticipate further weakening the British economy as they did in the last main EU negotiations when they handed Thatcher her ass. Publicly of course their Government is talking a fair fight, but we all know that we are in big, big trouble especially as the French economy has overtaken the British economy since the Tories took power. Add to that this week's figures which showed Britain has by far the lowest growth of all G7 nations as the Government continue to drag us back.

Predictably, the U-turns continue with David Davies expressing his concern over May's inflexibility tying his hands in what he can negotiate with and what concessions he can make. 

Question is why is the key British negotiator, who has been told exactly what we want and exactly what (the Tories say) is on the table is seeking to broaden the scope of the negotiations?

Answer: It's bleedin' obvious.

171 Re: Trump v May on Sun Jul 02 2017, 19:31

gloswhite

Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
Its unfortunate that at a time when we should be trying to pull together as a nation, we are still playing party politics. May is behaving like a rabbit in the headlights, without attempting, (or knowing how), to move out of the way, whilst Corbyn is still fighting with his own MP's, and actively encouraging his party to move even further to the left. If it all goes tits up, I think all the politicians involved need a bloody good kicking, both literally, and politically.

172 Re: Trump v May on Sun Jul 02 2017, 19:33

finlaymcdanger

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
gloswhite wrote:I think all the politicians involved need a bloody good kicking, both literally, and politically.

Couldn't agree more.

173 Re: Trump v May on Sun Jul 02 2017, 20:03

xmiles

Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
gloswhite wrote:Its unfortunate that at a time when we should be trying to pull together as a nation, we are still playing party politics. May is behaving like a rabbit in the headlights, without attempting, (or knowing how), to move out of the way, whilst Corbyn is still fighting with his own MP's, and actively encouraging his party to move even further to the left. If it all goes tits up, I think all the politicians involved need a bloody good kicking, both literally, and politically.

I agree with your summary but what worries me is where we are headed. Although I am pleased to see May exposed as hopelessly out of her depth everything I hear about the brexit negotiations just confirms my fears about how we us a country are going to be totally screwed.

At the moment both major parties are led by people who pretended to support remain but now May has opted for a hard brexit for reasons unknown and Corbyn never liked the EU anyway. It is going to get a lot worse.

174 Re: Trump v May on Sun Jul 02 2017, 20:17

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

175 Re: Trump v May on Sun Jul 02 2017, 23:43

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

176 Re: Trump v May on Tue Jul 04 2017, 17:45

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

177 Re: Trump v May on Tue Jul 04 2017, 17:54

xmiles

Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
boltonbonce wrote:Unbelievable. :facepalm:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40492305

If only it were unbelievable.

178 Re: Trump v May on Fri Jul 28 2017, 09:08

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
The Republican Senate has voted against Trump in his efforts to repeal Obamacare.
Three senior Republicans including John Cain rebelled to defeat Trump's Bill by 51 to 49 when Trump only needed a straight majority to win.

Despite having a considerable Republican majority, Trump is having even less success than Obama getting laws passed by the Senate. Says a lot when you aren't backed by your own party.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum