You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Haye v Bellew - Saturday 4th March

Haye v Bellew - Saturday 4th March

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 Haye v Bellew - Saturday 4th March on Sat Jan 28 2017, 13:57

Lard Lad

avatar
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
Really up for this one and not long to go ,not since Geoge Groves have I wanted to see a fighter obliterated. I just don't get this prick Bellew just because Haye supported his last opponent he has been gobbing off and challenging Haye and saying he will win.Then he say's he knows Haye is too fast and punches too hard for him and he could be killed if he gets hit clean. I have no doubt whatsoever Haye will take his head off Quicker than a blink of the eye as early as or whenever he wants to. Personally I'd just go straight out and bomb him out in the first and not let him warm up.

2 Re: Haye v Bellew - Saturday 4th March on Tue Feb 28 2017, 13:12

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
A hard bout to call this one.

Haye has been a class boxer but has had major shoulder surgery and been out of the ring for the best part of the last 5 years bar a couple of easy fights leading up to this match.

Bellow who at 34 years old (two years younger than Haye) has had a solid career at a lower weight than this but suddenly jumped up the weights in the last two years presumably to chase the money whilst he still can.

Seems to be some sorted of a 'manufactured' bout this fight, with what appears to be no love lost between the two boxers.

So you have got a past 'good boxer' facing a current decent boxer from a recent lower weight background.

On the balance of Haye's surgery and inactivity and Bellew's current decent standard, I will have to take a Bellew win.

I think however it might be a short sharp cracker of a match with Haye throwing the bombs so as not to have to go the distance. If he still has his power then he could very well cause an upset.

Bellew's corner should have planned for this though.

Bellew to win for me.

3 Re: Haye v Bellew - Saturday 4th March on Tue Feb 28 2017, 13:54

Norpig

avatar
Jussi Jääskeläinen
Jussi Jääskeläinen
I cant decide whether to pay for this or not, i get the feeling it will be short with hopefully Haye knocking out Bellew the bellend.

Even a half fit Haye will be too much for Bellew i reckon

4 Re: Haye v Bellew - Saturday 4th March on Tue Feb 28 2017, 14:07

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Sluffy wrote:A hard bout to call this one.

Haye has been a class boxer but has had major shoulder surgery and been out of the ring for the best part of the last 5 years bar a couple of easy fights leading up to this match.

Bellow who at 34 years old (two years younger than Haye) has had a solid career at a lower weight than this but suddenly jumped up the weights in the last two years presumably to chase the money whilst he still can.

Seems to be some sorted of a 'manufactured' bout this fight, with what appears to be no love lost between the two boxers.

So you have got a past 'good boxer' facing a current decent boxer from a recent lower weight background.

On the balance of Haye's surgery and inactivity and Bellew's current decent standard, I will have to take a Bellew win.

I think however it might be a short sharp cracker of a match with Haye throwing the bombs so as not to have to go the distance.  If he still has his power then he could very well cause an upset.

Bellew's corner should have planned for this though.

Bellew to win for me.

I like your thinking Sluffy, but surely Haye has got too much for this guy? - even now.

5 Re: Haye v Bellew - Saturday 4th March on Tue Feb 28 2017, 14:52

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:A hard bout to call this one.

Haye has been a class boxer but has had major shoulder surgery and been out of the ring for the best part of the last 5 years bar a couple of easy fights leading up to this match.

Bellow who at 34 years old (two years younger than Haye) has had a solid career at a lower weight than this but suddenly jumped up the weights in the last two years presumably to chase the money whilst he still can.

Seems to be some sorted of a 'manufactured' bout this fight, with what appears to be no love lost between the two boxers.

So you have got a past 'good boxer' facing a current decent boxer from a recent lower weight background.

On the balance of Haye's surgery and inactivity and Bellew's current decent standard, I will have to take a Bellew win.

I think however it might be a short sharp cracker of a match with Haye throwing the bombs so as not to have to go the distance.  If he still has his power then he could very well cause an upset.

Bellew's corner should have planned for this though.

Bellew to win for me.

I like your thinking Sluffy, but surely Haye has got too much for this guy? - even now.

May well have Lusty.

I don't know who will win otherwise I would bet everything I had on it, as would anyone else - so you can only try and reason what you know.

Haye has been quality but is he still?

We only know that Haye was advised to retire after having a 5 hour shoulder surgery in November 2013 and has since only had 3 full rounds of boxing since then - beating two nobodies of note.  Haye's only other fight since losing to Klitschko in July 2011 was big hearted but non talented Derek Chisora over 5 rounds.

That's just 8 rounds in four and a half years against journeymen opposition.

In fact the Klitschko fight was a farce - remember his sore toe excuse and the fight before that was against Audley Harrison.

You really need to go back to the Ruiz fight in April 2010, since you could truly claim that he was on top of his game against top opponents - that's a long time back in boxing.

Bellew on the other hand has fought three times for the world championship in that same period since Haye's Ruiz match - losing to both Cleverly and Stevenson at light heavy before beating some ok Pole at cruiser and defending against an average Argentinian.

This match is being held at heavyweight.

So you have a match up between Haye who has been good but a long time back and Bellew who is better than average but has been current with his bouts.

I'm guessing Haye knew he had shoulder issues from about the Ruiz fight onwards but knew he could beat the likes of all that he faced since bar Klitschko with one hand.

Maybe his shoulder is ok now but it is a risk.  Maybe he thinks he can get past Bellew with one arm if he had to - I doubt it though.

Haye must be gambling on a quick fight - Stevenson stopped him in 6 - but that is Bellew's only loss inside the distance.

If he can't drop Bellew then I can only see one winner.

That's the way I read this match but I've been wrong plenty times before.



6 Re: Haye v Bellew - Saturday 4th March on Wed Mar 01 2017, 00:32

Hip Priest

avatar
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Anyone know who is on the undercard. Anybody worth watching?

7 Re: Haye v Bellew - Saturday 4th March on Wed Mar 01 2017, 07:16

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
Hip Priest wrote:Anyone know who is on the undercard. Anybody worth watching?

Three bouts I think.

A second Liverpool v London match up for the fans, a once pretty good, old boxer there to test how good an up and coming one (who I've seen better at this stage) might be and the Lee Selby boxing a journey man just to keep him in shape.

A better review of the card here -


http://www.skysports.com/haye-vs-bellew/news/34770/10781579/31

8 Re: Haye v Bellew - Saturday 4th March on Wed Mar 01 2017, 15:19

Reebok Trotter

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I'm sure all the faux animosity is just bluster to sell the fight but I can't can't see Bellew winning this one. He's literally forty pounds heavier for this fight and I think Haye will be far too quick, skilful and strong for Bellew to cope. I think Bellew still has his Rocky film cameo in his head and I reckon Haye is going to give him a thick ear.

9 Re: Haye v Bellew - Saturday 4th March on Wed Mar 01 2017, 16:27

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Have to agree. I reckon it'll be short and sweet.

10 Re: Haye v Bellew - Saturday 4th March on Wed Mar 01 2017, 18:55

Bwfc1958

avatar
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!
I agree With RT also. I don't give Bellew much of a chance in this one either. I can definitely see Haye knocking him out and he'll do well to go six rounds. Having said that, they're both knobs, so I hope they give each other a good hiding.

11 Re: Haye v Bellew - Saturday 4th March on Thu Mar 02 2017, 00:38

BoltonTillIDie

avatar
Jussi Jääskeläinen
Jussi Jääskeläinen


12 Re: Haye v Bellew - Saturday 4th March on Thu Mar 02 2017, 18:57

Lard Lad

avatar
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
This wont be a fight it will be a slaughter,Haye is very fast and powerful and his punches are bombs , bellew is way out of his league. Twilight Zone for Bellew.

13 Re: Haye v Bellew - Saturday 4th March on Fri Mar 03 2017, 14:44

Lard Lad

avatar
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
After watching Stevenson ko Bellew who does a wierd version of the funky chicken when he goes i think Haye is being serious about what will happen when he lands a clean shot.

14 Re: Haye v Bellew - Saturday 4th March on Sat Mar 04 2017, 09:57

y2johnny

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Ill be watching this tonight and i hope bellew gets absolutely leathered off haye.

http://Www.thefacefittester.co.uk

15 Re: Haye v Bellew - Saturday 4th March on Sat Mar 04 2017, 10:29

Boggersbelief

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
This isn't even a contest, chubby bellew doesn't know what he's let himself in for

Stoppage in round 3

16 Re: Haye v Bellew - Saturday 4th March on Sat Mar 04 2017, 11:19

y2johnny

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Boggersbelief wrote:This isn't even a contest, chubby bellew doesn't know what he's let himself in for

Stoppage in round 3
I don't think he will last that long. Which is why I'll be dreaming it rather than paying for it

http://Www.thefacefittester.co.uk

17 Re: Haye v Bellew - Saturday 4th March on Sat Mar 04 2017, 22:47

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
Just about to start.

Radio link here for anyone who wants it -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/boxing/38322060

18 Re: Haye v Bellew - Saturday 4th March on Sat Mar 04 2017, 23:40

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
Great fight.

Very brave from Haye.

Got to be a rematch now.



19 Re: Haye v Bellew - Saturday 4th March on Sat Mar 04 2017, 23:48

Bread2.0

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Great fight....?

It was a farce which proved that Bellew doesn't have the power to fight at heavyweight.

He fought a 36 year old guy with one leg for 6 rounds and still couldn't hurt him.

He should take his sloppy man boobs back down to cruiserweight.

20 Re: Haye v Bellew - Saturday 4th March on Sun Mar 05 2017, 00:15

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
Bread2.0 wrote:Great fight....?

It was a farce which proved that Bellew doesn't have the power to fight at heavyweight.

He fought a 36 year old guy with one leg for 6 rounds and still couldn't hurt him.

He should take his sloppy man boobs back down to cruiserweight.

If you say so.

It wouldn't surprise me if Bellew gets a shot at a world heavyweight title belt now.

The winner of the Parker v Fury (Hugie) match up would probably fancy their chances against him - and no doubt visa-versa.

I can also see a rematch against Haye happening too.

I also think Haye has enhanced his reputation too and he must be added into the equation again for a world title shot - I think Joshua would be a good match up that the public would want - if he beats Klitschko.

Both boxers have come out of this match really, really well.

But if you think it was crap - that's up to you.

21 Re: Haye v Bellew - Saturday 4th March on Sun Mar 05 2017, 07:56

Bwfc1958

avatar
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!
Haye came out swinging in the first couple of rounds and was way off hitting the target. He was so obsessed with getting the early knock out he forgot how to box. Bellew was just ducking out of the way and catching him with good little counter shots. I must admit I was quite impressed with him early doors because I really didn't think he would cope. 

Round 3 onwards it was looking Like Haye finding his range a bit more, which is why it was a shame he picked up the injury when he did. It effectively ended the bout as a contest and how Haye got through that onslaught whilst barely being able to stand up I'll never know. He did though, and Bellew threw everything he had at Haye and knackered himself out in the process but just couldn't get rid of him, which is why I think Breaders has a point. Haye was immobilised for the last half of the fight and was a sitting duck. He couldn't get any real power behind his punches and his ability to properly defend himself was non existent. When Haye went down through the ropes from that left hook, the corner had no choice but to throw in the towel. There was no way Haye could win on points and he was never going to be able to get the knock out with that injury so there was no point letting him continue on for more pain. In my opinion that punch wouldn't have had the power to knock anyone down under normal circumstances but a man in one leg just couldn't shift his weight around to keep balance. 

As someone who didn't really give a shit who would win, I'm gutted that Haye picked up that injury when he did because we were robbed of a potentially good fight. You have to give some credit to Bellew because he was more than up to the task early on and he would have put up a decent fight. You have to think though, the way he tired in the later rounds makes you wonder how he would have coped against a non injured opponent. I guess we'll never know. 

I personally don't see a rematch in this and after the arse licking contest was finished with after the fight (I thought they were going to bend each other over at one point it was that bad) Bellew was talking about fighting Wilder next. Haye is potentially finished now after that and if he got in the ring with AJ he wouldn't stand a chance. Imagine if that had happened against Joshua. He wouldn't have made it to round 11 that's for sure. He wouldn't have got out of round 6!

I personally don't think either fighter has come out of the fight covered in glory. Haye was looking as rusty as you could get and looked like he'd forgotten how to box properly after so much time off and a proper boxer was highlighting that fact. Another injury for him now at his age could spell the end I think. Bellew, as bread already said, took a full 5 rounds to get rid of a man who was unable to defend himself properly or attack with any real conviction. 

On the whole it was an intriguing and fascinating fight but as a contest was done with in the 6th.

22 Re: Haye v Bellew - Saturday 4th March on Sun Mar 05 2017, 09:34

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I can't believe people still fall for spending money on boxing.

Before the fight two chaps wanted to kill each other, after the fight they wanted to start dating. You've been played.

23 Re: Haye v Bellew - Saturday 4th March on Sun Mar 05 2017, 11:58

Bwfc1958

avatar
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!
Natasha Whittam wrote:I can't believe people still fall for spending money on boxing.
Luckily for me I don't need to. It comes in with my IPTV service for a tenner a month.

24 Re: Haye v Bellew - Saturday 4th March on Sun Mar 05 2017, 12:07

Norpig

avatar
Jussi Jääskeläinen
Jussi Jääskeläinen
Ended up watching it on dodgy facebook streams, not the best picture but i could see what was happening.

Haye should retire now, no point in carrying on and would at least retain some dignity

25 Re: Haye v Bellew - Saturday 4th March on Sun Mar 05 2017, 13:14

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Norpig wrote:Ended up watching it on dodgy facebook streams, not the best picture but i could see what was happening.

Haye should retire now, no point in carrying on and would at least retain some dignity
I'm afraid any dignity he had is long gone. 

Much the same can be said about the sport itself.

26 Re: Haye v Bellew - Saturday 4th March on Sun Mar 05 2017, 13:34

Bread2.0

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Sluffy wrote:
Bread2.0 wrote:Great fight....?

It was a farce which proved that Bellew doesn't have the power to fight at heavyweight.

He fought a 36 year old guy with one leg for 6 rounds and still couldn't hurt him.

He should take his sloppy man boobs back down to cruiserweight.

If you say so.

Judging from a lot of the comments on here, it's not just me who says so.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/mar/04/tony-bellew-stops-david-haye-boxing-upset-heavyweight

27 Re: Haye v Bellew - Saturday 4th March on Sun Mar 05 2017, 13:48

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Bread2.0 wrote:He should take his sloppy man boobs back down to cruiserweight.

Listen to Mr Pecs!

28 Re: Haye v Bellew - Saturday 4th March on Sun Mar 05 2017, 13:51

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
Bread2.0 wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
Bread2.0 wrote:Great fight....?

It was a farce which proved that Bellew doesn't have the power to fight at heavyweight.

He fought a 36 year old guy with one leg for 6 rounds and still couldn't hurt him.

He should take his sloppy man boobs back down to cruiserweight.

If you say so.

Judging from a lot of the comments on here, it's not just me who says so.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/mar/04/tony-bellew-stops-david-haye-boxing-upset-heavyweight

I wonder how many of those thought Haye was going to walk it like most on here did?

It's now being reported that Bellew broke his hand early on in the fight and clearly that would effect his performance and power.

Haye had great heart fighting on with one leg for over five rounds and Bellew didn't fold at the first punch like so many said he would.

I've no doubt that Bellew will now get a shot at a world heavyweight title and not all the current title holders are that great.

I'd be surprised if Haye's career is over after what he showed in the ring last night. He's not been beaten up badly in his career to date and has only had a reasonably few fights to date considering his age.

The likes of Foreman shows that heavyweights can box on at a decent level into their forties and there's no reason if his body holds up that he can't do the same - he clearly was up for a rematch at the very least.

I enjoyed the fight, if you didn't then fair enough.

I think both Bellew and Haye have gained from this fight and time will obviously tell if I'm right or I'm wrong.



29 Re: Haye v Bellew - Saturday 4th March on Sun Mar 05 2017, 14:58

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
If anyone on here thinks Haye or Bellew are credible heavyweights,you've lost your mind.

30 Re: Haye v Bellew - Saturday 4th March on Sun Mar 05 2017, 15:32

Bread2.0

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
boltonbonce wrote:If anyone on here thinks Haye or Bellew are credible heavyweights,you've lost your mind.

I endorse this comment wholeheartedly.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum