Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is it wrong to spend over £30 on a pen?

+6
Bolton Nuts
doffcocker
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
xmiles
boltonbonce
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

All I ever use one for is to sign my name,or fill out a bookies slip,yet I still feel the need to buy a decent one.
I can get a packet of ten at the pound shop,and I'm sure they'd do a good enough job.
Anyone else overspend on the simple things? 
I'm a bugger for watches too.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If you're using your pen to write out winning betting slips wirth more than £30 then sure it's worth it.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:If you're using your pen to write out winning betting slips wirth more than £30 then sure it's worth it.
The council gave me an extra bin for my betting slips. Very Happy

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

For free? Bargain Smile

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I would never spend £30 on a pen but if you can afford it why not?

I do have a problem with people spending thousands of pounds on expensive watches however. That just looks like showing off.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

You'll have a problem with me X. I've bought two Omega watches in the last five years for special events. Folk spend their money as they wish. 
Furthermore I bought a Parker fountain pen and biro set many years ago and still have them today and use regularly.
So go ahead bonce and spend your money as you wish, it has fuck all to do with anybody else except you and more importantly, your Mrs!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:I've bought two Omega watches in the last five years for special events.

When you became Grand Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan?

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:I've bought two Omega watches in the last five years for special events.

When you became Grand Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan?
Yeh. And your point is?

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:You'll have a problem with me X. I've bought two Omega watches in the last five years for special events. Folk spend their money as they wish. 
Furthermore I bought a Parker fountain pen and biro set many years ago and still have them today and use regularly.
So go ahead bonce and spend your money as you wish, it has fuck all to do with anybody else except you and more importantly, your Mrs!
I just wish I used my pens more often. The keyboard rules these days.

I'm told I should spend more on clothes. Apparently,I'm a scruffbag.

My brother grabs a handful of pens when he goes to Ladbrokes,and they last him for the year.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If you buy or are bought a quality pen or watch for a lot of money then in theory at least it should last for years and ultimately represent value for money. I never use a fountain pen these days but I've got several good 'uns that I've been given over the years stuck away in a drawer so I'll never need to buy one again and will probably pass them on to the kids who will look at them as they would any other antique i.e. why the hell would I need that?

I have a CYMA watch that my granddad bought and it works great (motion powered) but I never wear it as I have a modern one that a girlfriend bought me. Still it's quality and I know it's there even if nobody else appreciates it.

The downside of buying quality items of this nature is that they either outgrow their fashionability or that they are lost/broken before you get the use out of them. I once had a Cartier lighter, a Raymond Weil watch and other fancy stuff that people gave me but not a clue where they are nowadays.

Your brother has a point unless you are trying to make a fashion statement. Personally I prefer gel pens.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My gardener has one of them and he never lends it to anyone, even his best mate, my driver.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Have to say I'd never heard of Cyma watches so I googled. Very nice and clean faces on the watches, none of these with fifteen hands on.
Some of the older ones look great, as indeed do other makes older watches. These days they have to tell you when you need to fart!
I wonder if Micky Mouse would wear a Don Trump watch?

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

boltonbonce wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:You'll have a problem with me X. I've bought two Omega watches in the last five years for special events. Folk spend their money as they wish. 

I'm told I should spend more on clothes. Apparently,I'm a scruffbag.

Take a walk down Dean Road at about four thirty when the Uni and College let's loose, there's a good few hundred there that could define scruff bag!?!

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I see my dress sense as 'relaxed/casual'.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

A lad at my work buys aftershave at £200+ per 30ml bottle.

And yes that does annoy me, not least because he still smells like shit.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

boltonbonce wrote:I see my dress sense as 'relaxed/casual'.
Very Happy

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

doffcocker wrote:A lad at my work buys aftershave at £200+ per 30ml bottle.

And yes that does annoy me, not least because he still smells like shit.

Imperial Leather is as good as owt on the market!

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can't beat the smell of Pears soap. Although it used to excite the dog.

Bolton Nuts

Admin

My mate spent over 4 grand on a watch! I just don't understand it. What good does it do? Its not a car. It simply tells the time. It's not like it has lasted any longer than my £15 Argos watch - in fact my Argos watch is still working fine after about 4 years - his watch has been sent for a £300 repair last year. To me it is madness.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum