Bolton Wanderers Fans Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Official - Zach Clough makes Nottingham Forest switch

Official - Zach Clough makes Nottingham Forest switch

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Bolton Wanderers can confirm that Zach Clough has joined Nottingham Forest for an undisclosed fee.

The 21-year-old has been on the books of the Club since the age of eight and having risen up through the academy ranks, was handed his first professional deal back in April 2013.

Going on to make his debut against Wigan Athletic in the Emirates FA Cup in January 2015, the forward marked his senior bow with the winning goal against the Latics.

In total, he scored 22 times in 68 appearances in all competitions with his last effort for the Whites coming in Saturday’s clash with Charlton Athletic.

The youngster however has now made a permanent switch to The City Ground and will join up with them ahead of their home game against Aston Villa this coming weekend.

Everybody associated with Bolton Wanderers would like to thank Zach for his efforts during his time with the Club and wish him the very best in his future endeavours.

Source

whatsgoingon

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
Have a feeling that this might be PPs doing and he could be managing Zach again soon, his odds for the forest job have tumbled and now managerless forest have just bought a relatively unknown player outside Bolton that he knows very well.
Hope not but not beyond the realms

Soul Kitchen

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
That's a fair shout WGO.



Last edited by Soul Kitchen on Wed Feb 01 2017, 08:06; edited 1 time in total

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Good player on his day, but his day wasn't very often.

Played too wide to help Madine, and was as lightweight as it gets.

£3m will turn out to be a great price for us. I'm expecting 3-ply bog roll in the toilets from the next home game.

Soul Kitchen

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Natasha Whittam wrote:Good player on his day, but his day wasn't very often.

Played too wide to help Madine, and was as lightweight as it gets.

£3m will turn out to be a great price for us. I'm expecting 3-ply bog roll in the toilets from the next home game.
Do you actually use the crappers at the Macron? I'd rather use my pants!!

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Soul Kitchen wrote:Do you actually use the crappers at the Macron? I'd rather use my pants!!

I don't use the common-folk toilets, they have special non-commoner toilets but you wouldn't know anything about them.

Soul Kitchen

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Natasha Whittam wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:Do you actually use the crappers at the Macron? I'd rather use my pants!!

I don't use the common-folk toilets, they have special non-commoner toilets but you wouldn't know anything about them.
No I wouldn't, nowt like having a shit on your own bog!

gloswhite

avatar
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
Wish young Zac well, but I don't believe we had the time to wait for him to develop. We need consistent scorers now, whilst we have the impetus.

gloswhite

avatar
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
Good call WGO. I was unaware of that aspect.

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
whatsgoingon wrote:Have a feeling that this might be PPs doing and he could be managing Zach again soon, his odds for the forest job have tumbled and now managerless forest have just bought a relatively unknown player outside Bolton that he knows very well.
Hope not but not beyond the realms

Ha ha, yes of course that's happened :facepalm: .

Has he let Proctor go to Carlisle because he expects to be manager there one day?

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Clough, Ross McCormack and Joao Texeira - decent signings for a struggling Championship club with no manager and the Al Hasawi's desperately trying to get out.

Jackett is favourite to be the next Forest manager but I'd have thought that if Al Hasawi has another takeover offer that he accepts, the new boys may want to go abroad for a manager.

whatsgoingon

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
Natasha Whittam wrote:
whatsgoingon wrote:Have a feeling that this might be PPs doing and he could be managing Zach again soon, his odds for the forest job have tumbled and now managerless forest have just bought a relatively unknown player outside Bolton that he knows very well.
Hope not but not beyond the realms

Ha ha, yes of course that's happened :facepalm: .

Has he let Proctor go to Carlisle because he expects to be manager there one day?

Yes because they're the same thing, a non performer being shipped to make a place and our most productive player going to a higher league.
You really are a bell end

Fabians Right Peg

avatar
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
To be fair WGO it is a bit far fetched to believe a manager would be able to engineer a sale of a player from his existing club prior to him taking over at a new club.

Clough attracted interest from Bristol last year so he's not completely unknown.

Reminds me of the kind of trick I would do playing championship manager as a kid, start with a couple of teams a few cheeky transfers and hey presto best squad in the league.

Also a great way to get Man Utd relegated by releasing all their players on a free. Very Happy

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
whatsgoingon wrote:Yes because they're the same thing, a non performer being shipped to make a place and our most productive player going to a higher league.
You really are a bell end

I love that you're sticking behind your ridiculous claim.

Ignoring the fact that any sale would be down to KA and not Parkinson, only a complete bellend would think a manager would sell a player to a club he thinks he's going to manage.

It actually made me laugh.

You massive bellend.

terenceanne

avatar
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
So this is what KA is referring to when he said our top lads will only go for a massive fee by a top club.

Forest 18th in the Champs...makes them technically 8 places above us at the moment.

As for Clough I can't see this being a good move at all.  The report said 4 year deal....so through his prime years now he will be in a bottom half champs club.

As for us... ALF can score goals but only if somebody sets them up first......not sure who is doing that now.

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
terenceanne wrote:As for us... ALF can score goals but only if somebody sets them up first......not sure who is doing that now.

Then buy a map and get to the Macron next home game.

terenceanne

avatar
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Natasha Whittam wrote:
terenceanne wrote:As for us... ALF can score goals but only if somebody sets them up first......not sure who is doing that now.

Then buy a map and get to the Macron next home game.

Nat... please do not respond to any of my posts going forward. If fact if you could possibly leave this site altogether would be preferable. Some on here want to talk about football...not your silly shit.
Thanks in advance buddy.

Boggersbelief

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Not fussed at all about losing Clough, hugely overrated.. just a shame we won't reinvest that money in the summer.

I expect Ameobi will sign permanently if we do go up as he's out of contract with Newcastle soon

Fabians Right Peg

avatar
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
terenceanne wrote:As for us... ALF can score goals but only if somebody sets them up first......not sure who is doing that now.

This has been a big problem all season, we don't have a forward looking midfielder, with Alf signing we may see Vela play deeper in a 4-4-2, we have this new lad Viv from Brum and Long who apparently has pace and a bit of skill, perhaps they can look to provide the ammo, otherwise it's feeding off knock downs from Madine.

The main thing is we have shook things up, what we had wasn't working Proctor and Taylor where useless and clough whilst good was not setting the league on fire.

I like the fact that we have at least looked to do something, we have the best defence in the league and yet only the 14th best attack, we have scored 10 goals less than Bury who are bottom four and have had created less chances than Coventry, clear where the issues are.

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Fabians Right Peg wrote:
terenceanne wrote:As for us... ALF can score goals but only if somebody sets them up first......not sure who is doing that now.

This has been a big problem all season, we don't have a forward looking midfielder, with Alf signing we may see Vela play deeper in a 4-4-2, we have this new lad Viv from Brum and Long who apparently has pace and a bit of skill, perhaps they can look to provide the ammo, otherwise it's feeding off knock downs from Madine.

The main thing is we have shook things up, what we had wasn't working Proctor and Taylor where useless and clough whilst good was not setting the league on fire.

I like the fact that we have at least looked to do something, we have the best defence in the league and yet only the 14th best attack, we have scored 10 goals less than Bury who are bottom four and have had created less chances than Coventry, clear where the issues are.
I still think it's down to system and selection again.
Derik is a talented forward looking midfielder with the ability to pick out passes but Parky will never play him in front of the back four - if he plays him at all.
Only Vela gets forward and by the time he arrives their defence is already set.
The reputed pace of Viv and Long is a welcome addition but for what? To put crosses on Madine's head? It's all well and good to have pace but as long as Parky persists with a target man and a packed defence we won't be able to break forward at pace and in the numbers required to score loads of goals.
I honestly think we'd be better off letting the young lads loose up front and play Clayton and Samizadeh with Long and Viv swapping sides and Vela +1 supporting. 
We risk counterattack without the extra defender that Parky loves, but we would at least look a bit more like Spuds or Liverpool when we attack in numbers - with skilful pacy players.

Fabians Right Peg

avatar
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
wanderlust wrote:
I still think it's down to system and selection again.

Spot on lusty, need to drop Thorpe IMO and go more attacking, not sure Derik is the answer, we may still be in for another winger out of contract, I can't see le Fondre playing out wide or as a lone striker so we got to drop one of Spearing, Thorpe or Vela. Think it will be even harder for Derik to break into the side. what I would like to see is;

          Howard

Beevers Derik Wheater

Wilson Spearing Taylor

       Vela     Clayton

              ALF

           Madine

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
He has to drop Thorpe, he brings nothing to the team. We had out best spell when Derek was in the team.

Playing Madine and ALF close together will improve things, and if Vela and Viv can get forward things may improve.

I'm more optimistic than I was 48 hours ago.

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
terenceanne wrote:
Nat... please do not respond to any of my posts going forward. If fact if you could possibly leave this site altogether would be preferable. Some on here want to talk about football...not your silly shit.
Thanks in advance buddy.

If you'd bothered to get to a few games you'd know our problem hasn't been creating, it's been the pisspoor finishing. I can think of 5 Clough 1-on-1's that went begging off the top of my head. Madine has missed more sitters than you've had pies.

No problem with you posting, but don't post as though you attend games and know what is going on.

observer


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Natasha Whittam wrote:
terenceanne wrote:
Nat... please do not respond to any of my posts going forward. If fact if you could possibly leave this site altogether would be preferable. Some on here want to talk about football...not your silly shit.
Thanks in advance buddy.

If you'd bothered to get to a few games you'd know our problem hasn't been creating, it's been the pisspoor finishing. I can think of 5 Clough 1-on-1's that went begging off the top of my head. Madine has missed more sitters than you've had pies.

No problem with you posting, but don't post as though you attend games and know what is going on.
As much as you poke at others, I can't find fault in what you are saying.   Clough's "finishing" left a lot to be desired... of course, his free kicks could be awesome.  I'm not sure you are wrong about him being lightweight either.  Now if we can get a potent attack, we might just finish top two.  If not, we will be hard pressed to finish top six if the last two games are indicative of anything.  Not sure we got enough for Clough either... but those numbers probably have incentive clauses as did Holdings.  The real downer is what are we left with???  Do we have a viable club with KA in financial battles with everyone... as he said, the conditions were worse than he and Deano thought.  Deano seems to be out of cash, and KA is trying to make the best deal for himself.  Hopefully Alf will score enough goals, and our defense will start to get clean sheets again.  One can hope.

whatsgoingon

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
I see the financial battles as a positive because it means he's looking at all the historical shit deals and challenging them which can only be good for the future. The reason we ended up owing Ed £170m (if we did) was piss poor housekeeping and decision making.
If we cleared all that up and went back to doing the same thing then THAT would be worrying but the fact these ridiculous unsustainable deals are being challenged and changed can only auger well moving forward.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum