Bolton Wanderers Fans Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Bolton 1-1 MK Dons - Match Report Post #25

Bolton 1-1 MK Dons - Match Report Post #25

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

wessy

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
MartinBWFC wrote:Sluffy I'm all for giving a manager a chance, but this fella is Freedman MK2, he has no plan B, he persists with Madine who in terms of the team adds the best part of fuck all, his subs are not game changing, other managers have sussed his gameplan out and set their teams out to counteract it, which is why we are on the slide, Gillingham aside when have we looked comfortable in any game?

If we persist with him we'll be lucky to reach the playoffs.
Careful what you wish for Martin, we are not exactly a great catch at this moment are we, we are third in the league we would have took that in May.

Funny how from a fans perspective nearly every manager is not tactically aware or has no plan B, usually coming from someone who last broke sweat in 1980(not you Martin in general)

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
It's a bit soon to be getting rid of the manager, but it's true he seems to have one way of playing and won't change it for anyone or anything.

Just like Freedman and Lennon before him, he seems intent on fitting the players into his system rather than finding a system to suit the players.

I feel sorry for Madine, he gets pisspoor service and is often left isolated. But I'm tiring of this unwritten rule that BWFC must play with a target man. I'd much rather see ALF paired with Clayton or Long in attack.

Something needs to change, we have become predictable and that makes it easy for the opposition to set up against us.

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
wessy wrote:Funny how from a fans perspective nearly every manager is not tactically aware or has no plan B, usually coming from someone who last broke sweat in 1980(not you Martin in general)

How dare you generalise.

I break sweat every single day, people are in awe of my fitness levels.

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
MartinBWFC wrote:Sluffy I'm all for giving a manager a chance, but this fella is Freedman MK2, he has no plan B, he persists with Madine who in terms of the team adds the best part of fuck all, his subs are not game changing, other managers have sussed his gameplan out and set their teams out to counteract it, which is why we are on the slide, Gillingham aside when have we looked comfortable in any game?

If we persist with him we'll be lucky to reach the playoffs.
I wouldn't go as far as that and I agree with Sluffy that he's had his hands tied financially, but he does have the power to change the system and despite having new players with different skills sets to work with it's clear that he is persisting with the same format - despite the fact that teams have worked us out and we are likely to find it increasingly difficult if he doesn't mix it up a bit.

Earlier in the season it was fine as we were keeping clean sheets and scraping a lot of results on the back of solid defending, but after getting only 1 point in January and no sign of a system change Parky is starting to look one dimensional.

There is an alternative to Madine. He could play ALF or Long up the middle and try to pass the ball along the ground instead of humping and hoping. With three new wingers, it must be worthwhile trying a bit of pace, movement and guile rather than trying to batter the door down all the time - which clearly ain't working.

NickFazer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
I think next home game we should start with ALF and Madine or Clayton up front, Madine gets a lot of stick but he gets little support and even less service from wide areas, if we insist on playing long up to him then either play two up top or push the midfield higher to pick up any lay offs. Otherwise leave Madine on the bench and play ALF and Clayton and play more on the deck.

MartinBWFC

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
NickFazer wrote:I think next home game we should start with ALF and Madine or Clayton up front, Madine gets a lot of stick but he gets little support and even less service from wide areas, if we insist on playing long up to him then either play two up top or push the midfield higher to pick up any lay offs. Otherwise leave Madine on the bench and play ALF and Clayton and play more on the deck.
Therein lies the problem, Parkinson doesn't know how to play on the ground football, he's a hoofball type of manager hence the reason Madine starts every game, Parkinson as I said previously is a limited manager with little knowledge of how to change a game, get Gary Rowett in, he may not get us up this season, but we'll stand a better chance next season.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum