Bolton Wanderers Fans Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Calling all Supporters Trust Members - your personal details maybe at risk

Calling all Supporters Trust Members - your personal details maybe at risk

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
Apparently the ST web was hacked last week and I believe they have not informed their members of this.

I have no idea what personal information they hold on people - particularly bank or paypal details - nor how secure it is.

You may wish to check that all your details held by them have not been compromised.

Apparently they were warned before the hack that their site was not secure.

Details here from the WanderesWay forum.

(Interseting to note the LoV head and former champion cheerleader for the ST - Chris Manning (posting as Kane57) is now disassociating himself and the LoV from them!).

From this post but you need to skip down the thread to follow the conversation as the general talk is about Ken Andersons update today.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Norpig

avatar
John McGinlay
John McGinlay
what have you been up to now Sluffy, i didn't realise you were into hacking  Very Happy

From memory they will have my name and address but i didn't set up a direct debit just a bank transfer i think?

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
Norpig wrote:what have you been up to now Sluffy, i didn't realise you were into hacking  Very Happy

From memory they will have my name and address but i didn't set up a direct debit just a bank transfer i think?

Takes me all my time to remember how to log in these days never mind having the brains to hack anything!

Hopefully all will be secure and safe but if they had been warned previously to secure the site (I don't know how true that is though so make up your own minds about that), then I guess you never know what else they may have not had fully secured from the hackers?

I guess it would do no harm to send them an email asking if all your personal details have not been compromised in any way though.

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I also know for a fact that they're implicated in the disappearance of shipping in the Bermuda triangle. Shocked
Just checked my bank statement,and the only odd thing on it is a subscription to Cycling Weekly. Razz

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
boltonbonce wrote:I also know for a fact that they're implicated in the disappearance of shipping in the Bermuda triangle. Shocked
Just checked my bank statement,and the only odd thing on it is a subscription to Cycling Weekly. Razz

Joking aside it is a bit ironic that nothing at all has been said by a group banging on all the time about seeking transparency!

Oh and I simply read Cycling Weekly here -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Very Happy


boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I must say this is the first I've heard about it. I'd expect anyone I dealt with to inform me of incidents like this as soon as possible.
Mind you,it's happened with bigger names than the ST. These things must never be kicked into the long grass.

Fabians Right Peg

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Thanks Sluffy, I have sent a request to the ST to confirm if the above occurred and what information may have been lost.

Norpig

avatar
John McGinlay
John McGinlay
let me know what they say please Fab, i'm a member as well

Kane57

avatar
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
Sluffy wrote:Apparently the ST web was hacked last week and I believe they have not informed their members of this.

I have no idea what personal information they hold on people - particularly bank or paypal details - nor how secure it is.

You may wish to check that all your details held by them have not been compromised.

Apparently they were warned before the hack that their site was not secure.

Details here from the WanderesWay forum.

(Interseting to note the LoV head and former champion cheerleader for the ST - Chris Manning (posting as Kane57) is now disassociating himself and the LoV from them!).

From this post but you need to skip down the thread to follow the conversation as the general talk is about Ken Andersons update today.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Is it a bad thing to have wanted them to succeed?

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
Kane57 wrote:
Sluffy wrote:Apparently the ST web was hacked last week and I believe they have not informed their members of this.

I have no idea what personal information they hold on people - particularly bank or paypal details - nor how secure it is.

You may wish to check that all your details held by them have not been compromised.

Apparently they were warned before the hack that their site was not secure.

Details here from the WanderesWay forum.

(Interseting to note the LoV head and former champion cheerleader for the ST - Chris Manning (posting as Kane57) is now disassociating himself and the LoV from them!).

From this post but you need to skip down the thread to follow the conversation as the general talk is about Ken Andersons update today.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Is it a bad thing to have wanted them to succeed?

So you don't want them to succeed now - what changed your mind considering you were the loudest voice championing them?

Serious question.



Sluffy

avatar
Admin
What an absolute brass neck the ST has!

Today they posted this on their website -

On Sunday 5th February at 14.40, our website was compromised by a hacker. All websites are unfortunately prone to hacking, and in our instance, the offender accessed the backend login of the website using account login details and placed a post onto the website.
The incursion was bothersome but not dangerous and at no time was member personal data at risk. All the data of members is stored, with extra security, on a 3rd party site therefore there is no compromise whatsoever with any members details: personal, card, bank details nor otherwise.
Swift action has been taken to move forward positively from this event. The offending post was swiftly removed and the days since the hacking have been spent closely monitoring the site. All site and member data is well and remains secure and uncompromised. In addition, all passwords have been changed to higher security ones. An email has also been sent informing members that their details are safe.
We’re really sorry for the alarm this might have caused, and we realise you’re likely to have further questions about happened. Should you require any more information, please email [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

What a complete load of bollocks!!!

The hack took place on the 22nd January as evidenced by a picture of the actual hack - look at the date stamp on it!!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Even if you think I have some sort of agenda against them (I know some do!) the first mention of the hack (and the subsequent screen grab above) was posted by Carlos (a moderator) on WanderersWays at 11.25am on the 5th Feb - a full three hours before the hack even took place according the ST statement!!!

See link to post here -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If this isn't bad enough The Lion of Vienna a long time champion of the ST today posted up in reply to the ST's tweet on this matter this -

.@BWFCST guess you regret not taking this guy up on his offer then #bwfc

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]


The very next post on the twitter thread is someone asking for his personal details to be removed from the BWST website!

Seems there as been a known security problem with their site for over a year!!!

You'd think today of all days with what has gone on between the clubs owners that being honest about things would be of importance but apparently this message has been lost upon the ST.

All I can say is that I'm mighty pleased they are not responsible for any of my personal information!

Can you say the same?



[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum